Scott County Highlanders vs. Gibbs Eagles

MasterChief

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know how the game against gibbs and scott will go but watching from the fence scotts offense looked great against wartburg 375 yards total offense...they fumbled twice and had over 100 yards in penalty yards shot two or three of their drive in the foot so game had the potential to get ugly if scott hadnt made the mistakes...their defense looked good to wartburgs first downs came off penalties there was barely any positive gains for wartburg till scott started putting in young guys

i dont know how the game against gibbs and scott will go but watching from the fence scotts offense looked great against wartburg 375 yards total offense...they fumbled twice and had over 100 yards in penalty yards shot two or three of their drive in the foot so game had the potential to get ugly if scott hadnt made the mistakes...their defense looked good to wartburgs first downs came off penalties there was barely any positive gains for wartburg till scott started putting in young guys

Im going to take the Highlanders in this one. SHS will need

to cut the mistakes way down if they do that they should

win 26-8.

go big red !

The score really hasn't shown how the games have went. For some reason, neither team scores much but SHS usually physically beats on them. Gibbs isn't the bottom of the barrel in that region either I believe they were 2nd or 3rd in it. SHS by 21. By the way Leonard, they haven't struggled for the w, i don't think they have ever even not had the lead. This SHS is the same team from last year, and it will show in this game.

The score really hasn't shown how the games have went. For some reason, neither team scores much but SHS usually physically beats on them. Gibbs isn't the bottom of the barrel in that region either I believe they were 2nd or 3rd in it. SHS by 21. By the way Leonard, they haven't struggled for the w, i don't think they have ever even not had the lead. This SHS is the same team from last year, and it will show in this game.

If you will look at last year Gibbs barely finished 4th in region 1-3A, and has not been in the playoffs in years prior to that. A team must be in the top 4 of their region to go to the playoffs. If you will look at the score of the SHS games with Gibbs the past couple of years the score has been just a few points difference. I am not at all saying that SHS is not a pretty good team, but to continue to hear how great they would be if they were not in the league with the mighty three is simply crazy. I don't know that SHS has been in the playoffs in a long time. Sure they would have a much better chance in another region especially that of 1-3A, but they would still be a 3, 4, or even 5th place team in that region.

If you will look at last year Gibbs barely finished 4th in region 1-3A, and has not been in the playoffs in years prior to that. A team must be in the top 4 of their region to go to the playoffs. If you will look at the score of the SHS games with Gibbs the past couple of years the score has been just a few points difference. I am not at all saying that SHS is not a pretty good team, but to continue to hear how great they would be if they were not in the league with the mighty three is simply crazy. I don't know that SHS has been in the playoffs in a long time. Sure they would have a much better chance in another region especially that of 1-3A, but they would still be a 3, 4, or even 5th place team in that region.

they would go farther than that. The past few years they haven't went below 3-1 in non-region play and i believe Rutledge was 2nd last year in that region and scott walked all over them in a scrimmage last year and this year. SHS has a reallly great future coming along starting with this year. Nevertheless, theres no point in griping, the region will be changed in two years but your wrong in saying the mighty 3, its the MIGHTY REGION.

This the one game on our schedule that I hope we get rid of. First, I hate the drive there when we have to travel, but next, it's amazing how Scott tends to look down there nose at Gibbs when they are no better than we are. We have practically the same record over the last 5 or 6 years. The games between the schools have been well contested the past few years and its always a few plays that turn the game. Trust me, those Scott wins could have very well been Gibbs victories were it not for a play or two.

In regards to non-region play the last couple of years, Scott has played York Institute, Oliver Springs, & Taft Youth Center in addition to Gibbs. Not the strongest non region schedule. While we have played Halls, South-Doyle, & CAK in addition to Scott. Every year I continue to read this board and hear how Scott is going to be great, but they still end up with the same results.

As for Scott's chances in our region, I believe they would find it a bit more difficult than they believe it to be. Carter, Seymour are both solid, quality programs. Claiborne, Rutledge, Gibbs, Union County are competitive within the region and Pigeon Forge just needs some stability to be a quality program and rebound from a very disappointing season last year. I know it's not region 2-AAA, but it wouldn't be a cakewalk for Scott either.

I hope both teams play well but I don't see Scott running all over the Eagles.

Gibbs 24

Scott 17

This the one game on our schedule that I hope we get rid of. First, I hate the drive there when we have to travel, but next, it's amazing how Scott tends to look down there nose at Gibbs when they are no better than we are. We have practically the same record over the last 5 or 6 years. The games between the schools have been well contested the past few years and its always a few plays that turn the game. Trust me, those Scott wins could have very well been Gibbs victories were it not for a play or two.

In regards to non-region play the last couple of years, Scott has played York Institute, Oliver Springs, & Taft Youth Center in addition to Gibbs. Not the strongest non region schedule. While we have played Halls, South-Doyle, & CAK in addition to Scott. Every year I continue to read this board and hear how Scott is going to be great, but they still end up with the same results.

As for Scott's chances in our region, I believe they would find it a bit more difficult than they believe it to be. Carter, Seymour are both solid, quality programs. Claiborne, Rutledge, Gibbs, Union County are competitive within the region and Pigeon Forge just needs some stability to be a quality program and rebound from a very disappointing season last year. I know it's not region 2-AAA, but it wouldn't be a cakewalk for Scott either.

I hope both teams play well but I don't see Scott running all over the Eagles.

Gibbs 24

Scott 17

scott wins by 14