Scott County Highlanders vs. Gibbs Eagles

MasterChief

This the one game on our schedule that I hope we get rid of. First, I hate the drive there when we have to travel, but next, it's amazing how Scott tends to look down there nose at Gibbs when they are no better than we are. We have practically the same record over the last 5 or 6 years. The games between the schools have been well contested the past few years and its always a few plays that turn the game. Trust me, those Scott wins could have very well been Gibbs victories were it not for a play or two. In regards to non-region play the last couple of years, Scott has played York Institute, Oliver Springs, & Taft Youth Center in addition to Gibbs. Not the strongest non region schedule. While we have played Halls, South-Doyle, & CAK in addition to Scott. Every year I continue to read this board and hear how Scott is going to be great, but they still end up with the same results. As for Scott's chances in our region, I believe they would find it a bit more difficult than they believe it to be. Carter, Seymour are both solid, quality programs. Claiborne, Rutledge, Gibbs, Union County are competitive within the region and Pigeon Forge just needs some stability to be a quality program and rebound from a very disappointing season last year. I know it's not region 2-AAA, but it wouldn't be a cakewalk for Scott either.I hope both teams play well but I don't see Scott running all over the Eagles. Gibbs 24Scott 17

hold up. shs has beat claiborne, with rutledge under the belt just 2 weeks ago, we mauled pigeon forge in a scrimmage my junior year 05', and when did any of those teams compare to york or oz. both of those teams and been solid the past few years. We don't look down at Gibbs but we come in to win. You've yet to realize your playing almost the exact same team from last year. Scott by 21

good win scott 1-0Scott-32Gibbs-7Masterchief the game between scott and gibbs has been close everyyear the last time was jordon jeffers sr year they beat them pretty bad. Scotts won 1 game dont go saying they are gonna beat everyone.LL- IMO scott would be 1, 2, or 3 in that region 1 every year.

Im not claiming scott to beat everyone just making my prediciton for this game.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was a really bad year for Pigeon Forge. They are normally a very competitive team. Are they in the league with the Big Three? NO. Could they compete with the the lower 4 yes.

The past two years Scott Co. has not even been in the top 5 of Region 2.

I am starting to question if Scott County is even capable of being in the top 5 of region 1-3A the past two years.

Carter lost to LA in 2005 in a last second score in the first round, and in 2006 put Kingston away pretty easily.

Seymour has been a pretty tough team in 3A for years, but not a big three contender.

Pigeon Forge like I said earlier had a bad year last year, but will bounce back to the old PF.

I do think that Scott Can play with all but the top two teams from region 1-3A. When you play some quality teams and beat them then you can have a legitimate argument. To struggle with the teams you play is not even worth arguing over. They haven't even been a top 5 or 6 team in region 2.

Scott County Schedule the past several years.

2007 (1-0) 2006 (4-6)

SHS 38 Wartburg 6 SHS 24 York Institute 41

SHS Gibbs SHS 22 Gibbs 17

SHS Stone Memorial SHS 46 Oliver Springs 40

SHS Taft Youth Center SHS 22 Taft Youth Center 18

SHS Austin-East SHS 18 Austin-East 70

SHS Fulton SHS 0 Fulton 56

SHS Livingston Academy SHS 23 Livingston Academy 20

SHS Kingston SHS 24 Kingston 46

SHS Anderson County SHS 12 Anderson County 20

SHS Knox. Catholic SHS 6 Knox. Catholic 42

2005 (3-7) 2004 (3-7)

SHS 46 York Institute 20 SHS 44 Jellico 0

SHS 14 Gibbs 9 SHS 13 Lenoir City 42

SHS 25 Oliver Springs 28 SHS 27 Claiborne 0

SHS 44 Taft Youth Center 16 SHS 6 Kingston 7

SHS 8 Austin-East 56 SHS 12 Campbell County 39

SHS 24 Fulton 56 SHS 26 Gibbs 20

SHS 34 Livingston Academy 42 SHS 0 Loudon 29

SHS 14 Kingston 56 SHS 0 Fulton 54

SHS 0 Anderson County 21 SHS 28 Austin-East 48

SHS 20 Knox. Catholic 55 SHS 12 Anderson County 54

2003 (5-5) 2002 (1-9)

SHS 42 Jellico 13 SHS 21 York Institute 28

SHS 20 Lenoir City 23 SHS 21 Lenoir City 28

SHS 55 Claiborne 6 SHS 14 Gatlinburg-Pittman 36

SHS 40 Kingston 20 SHS 17 Kingston 31

SHS 13 Campbell County 12 SHS 7 Wartburg 20

SHS 33 Gibbs 7 SHS 36 Gibbs 35

SHS 32 Loudon 35 SHS 15 Loudon 26

SHS 8 Fulton 33 SHS 7 Fulton 41

SHS 26 Austin-East 39 SHS 6 Austin-East 36

SHS 26 Anderson County 29 SHS 21 Anderson County 34

2001 (0-10)

SHS 12 York Institute 25

SHS 0 Lenoir City 21

SHS 0 Gatlinburg-Pittman 32

SHS 16 Kingston 41

SHS 0 Wartburg 42

SHS 6 Gibbs 28

SHS 6 Loudon 35

SHS 0 Fulton 76

SHS 6 Austin-East 45

SHS 8 Anderson County 48

hold up. shs has beat claiborne, with rutledge under the belt just 2 weeks ago, we mauled pigeon forge in a scrimmage my junior year 05', and when did any of those teams compare to york or oz. both of those teams and been solid the past few years. We don't look down at Gibbs but we come in to win. You've yet to realize your playing almost the exact same team from last year. Scott by 21Im not claiming scott to beat everyone just making my prediciton for this game.

No I realize everyone is back, but to claim that Scott would win region 1-3A is crazy. You are struggling with a below average 1-3A team in Gibbs. When Scott Co. beats AC, LA, Kingston, and Stone Memorial, I will give props to them being better, but the last 6 years they have been everyone's practice dummy. Scott has beaten Gibbs, a team that has struggled to be in the top 6 every year but one.

I like Scott in this one. Not a slam dunk, but I do think that they are improved this year over last. They better be if they are going to get in the playoffs. Fulton reloaded, and that should be confirmed Friday night. Not saying they beat OR, but they could, and this is a good OR team. AE has talent, talent, and Kenny Jones and Lincoln Anderson. Catholic is better than last year, Stone is better than I thought they would be, and AC is going to be stout this year. Watch.

ruse?

I like Scott in this one. Not a slam dunk, but I do think that they are improved this year over last. They better be if they are going to get in the playoffs. Fulton reloaded, and that should be confirmed Friday night. Not saying they beat OR, but they could, and this is a good OR team. AE has talent, talent, and Kenny Jones and Lincoln Anderson. Catholic is better than last year, Stone is better than I thought they would be, and AC is going to be stout this year. Watch.

ruse?

typical region 2-3a ball. It will be kind of sad to see it broke up in two years.

I have said from day 1 that Scott would win this game. I too get on here every year and have to listen to several from Scott Co. claim they are gonna run all over this team and that team, and how good they are. When are these beliefs going to become reality. I do wish the best for Scott Co., but for goodness sake back up what you claim. I wish for every team to have success. I just hate to hear a team constantly claim to be so much better this year without any reasoning to back it up. The win Friday was a good start, but it needs to be against a team that has some credentials.

Just because scott has a 5 year winning streak on Gibbs dosent mean that scott can just show up and win. They are gonna have to work just as hard or even harder as ever to get this W. I think this is gonna be a great game to watch. However scott yall better watch out for that stinkin HOOK-N-LADDER!!!! I take scott by 14+ points.

Scott- 35

Gibbs - 21

In two years it will all be different. At the rate now you might see Fulton, Catholic, Seymour, AC, and probably 1 more go up. It will be totally different looking region. It shoud be a much more equal region. I just am starting to feel sorry for those teams in regio 3-4A. They will probably lose a great Maryville team to 5A and gain two great teams from 3A. CAK will also be moving to 3A. It will make for some closer ballgames in region 2-3A. Good luck to Scott Co. and Gibbs.

The old Hook-n-Ladder that Gibbs has always run. Thanks for the funny reminder M_Gregory_78. By the way how is college football going? I hope to find you doing well.

In two years it will all be different. At the rate now you might see Fulton, Catholic, Seymour, AC, and probably 1 more go up. It will be totally different looking region. It shoud be a much more equal region. I just am starting to feel sorry for those teams in regio 3-4A. They will probably lose a great Maryville team to 5A and gain two great teams from 3A. CAK will also be moving to 3A. It will make for some closer ballgames in region 2-3A. Good luck to Scott Co. and Gibbs.

The old Hook-n-Ladder that Gibbs has always run. Thanks for the funny reminder M_Gregory_78. By the way how is college football going? I hope to find you doing well.

yea i hated defending that play back in the day.

Both Scott County and Gibbs are coming off week 1 wins. I would think that the edge goes with Gibbs. I have said that they are due a winning season and this was a good start. Cosby is a better team than what people think, they were 9-1 last season and play in a pretty tough region with Unaka, Hampton, and Cloudland. I think that the excitment of starting with a win will carry Gibbs over Scott...although that is a REAL long drive to Huntsville!