Coffee County at Shelbyville

TruckerJon

Let me tell you something about football in Coffee Co. I am sick and tired of people from

Coffee County in this commmunity getting on here anddogging thier own football

team. Everyone in this community should be proud of these boys andhow they

played tonight. They have practiced for 2 weeks in 100 degree heat, we are

outmanned in many areas and these boys and coaches get out their and give it

thier all. First of all we can't even get a bus tonight on time to go to the game!!!

We had to leave kids at the school because we didn't have abus, the athletic

director is out of town, the transportation director is out of town, and the director of

schools is out of town. Who in this town cares that our kids can't even get to

the game, the band is not required to show up, the cheerleaders half of them don't show

up because the places they work at in the community won't let them off work.

How pitiful is that. There was a time when this community cared about our student

atheletes. They got behind our football team and supported them in many ways.

Then we get on here and some sucker from Coffee County bashes our coaches after

a win, and our kids playing their hearts out. Tells our kids not to listen to their coaches.

If you are from Coffee County you should be proud that your hometown team is

finally being successful after many losing seasons. What happens we get

criticized. We can reward kids for everything under the sun but our football team

gets nothing. Unaircontioned, dirty buses, begging for people to support us so

that we can have the things we need. We can have a 91/2 percent sales tax, a

13 cent property tax, and we can't get what we need for our kids. Our kids played

a heck of a game tonight. Everyone in this community should be proud these

kids didn't give up, played tough, and won in double overtime! When is the last

time that happened, not with the previous coaching staff of 5 years ago.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell you something about football in Coffee Co. I am sick and tired of people from

Coffee County in this commmunity getting on here anddogging thier own football

team. Everyone in this community should be proud of these boys andhow they

played tonight. They have practiced for 2 weeks in 100 degree heat, we are

outmanned in many areas and these boys and coaches get out their and give it

thier all. First of all we can't even get a bus tonight on time to go to the game!!!

We had to leave kids at the school because we didn't have abus, the athletic

director is out of town, the transportation director is out of town, and the director of

schools is out of town. Who in this town cares that our kids can't even get to

the game, the band is not required to show up, the cheerleaders half of them don't show

up because the places they work at in the community won't let them off work.

How pitiful is that. There was a time when this community cared about our student

atheletes. They got behind our football team and supported them in many ways.

Then we get on here and some sucker from Coffee County bashes our coaches after

a win, and our kids playing their hearts out. Tells our kids not to listen to their coaches.

If you are from Coffee County you should be proud that your hometown team is

finally being successful after many losing seasons. What happens we get

criticized. We can reward kids for everything under the sun but our football team

gets nothing. Unaircontioned, dirty buses, begging for people to support us so

that we can have the things we need. We can have a 91/2 percent sales tax, a

13 cent property tax, and we can't get what we need for our kids. Our kids played

a heck of a game tonight. Everyone in this community should be proud these

kids didn't give up, played tough, and won in double overtime! When is the last

time that happened, not with the previous coaching staff of 5 years ago.

Did you look in the stands last night? Seems to me alot of people were there to support the team. I don't agree that we are out manned in many areas. In a few yes but, we have kids that could fill the position if giving the chance. I don't agree with the community not caring about the football team. We travel as good or better than any team we play. The businesses in the community have always been their to lend financial support for the team seems the support is not coming from the school system or school board. The taxes are due to dumb decisions made by the same people we can't get the support from. Look people we won last night this is not basketball, the coaches are as good as coffee county has had in years. The team did a good job and never gave up. Congrats!!!! Lets look forward to next week and fix the problems we have. Go Big Red!!!!

Did you look in the stands last night? Seems to me alot of people were there to support the team. I don't agree that we are out manned in many areas. In a few yes but, we have kids that could fill the position if giving the chance. I don't agree with the community not caring about the football team. We travel as good or better than any team we play. The businesses in the community have always been their to lend financial support for the team seems the support is not coming from the school system or school board. The taxes are due to dumb decisions made by the same people we can't get the support from. Look people we won last night this is not basketball, the coaches are as good as coffee county has had in years. The team did a good job and never gave up. Congrats!!!! Lets look forward to next week and fix the problems we have. Go Big Red!!!!

We had a chance to go over and see the game last night after ours concluded and saw a very good football game, both teams should be congradulated for their effort. If would be very easy for Shelbyville to roll over and die after falling behind 14 points in the fourth quarter but they did not, and after surrendering the lead (I won't say blowing the lead because you have to give Shelbyville some credit too) Coffee Co. came right back and fought back for the victory.

I think that Shelbyville will win several football games this year if they put out the effort they did last night, and the way it looked to me Coffee County had plenty of support from their fans last night as the visitors bleachers were almost full and even the band came up too, which is more than I can say for our band which choose not to make the trip back to Tullahoma Saturday afternoon for whatever reason. I was impressed with the Shelbyville Qb. and several others as well as the Coffee Co. backs. Good luck to both teams.

Congrats Red Raiders...it was a nail biter. We were able to listen to the game. Gotta tell you, there were some times when we were "running" with you guys! The main thing to remember is you won after the ups and downs of going and coming back and going again, having a lead, and two overtimes...no matter what - it is a WIN! Great way to start the season. Now get back to work and win Friday Night!

I wasn't going to post anything on this after some of the very dumb comments made, but all I am going to say is way to go Raiders I know it wasn't the win you were looking for but it was a win.... I have seen almost every Coffee County football game since maybe 1993 or 4 and none of those teams would have won this game with the exception of maybe 1997.... Historically CC does not win close games and you have done it two weeks in a row even if one of them didn't count... NOW LISTEN TO YOUR COACHES THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND GO DO IT AGAIN NEXT WEEK.

This was a game that the CC faithfull thought they would win big. They should have or at least everybody in manchester thought they would. Coffee County is gonna struggle this season. They faced an at best half-way decent 4-A team in Shelbyville and barely won.

To the Shelbyville coaches...I would be very proud of how your boys played. You should have won the game tonight and in alot of ways you did...Your team will excell more than the CC team will this year.

To the CC coaches I would say... Your Defensive Coordinator (Sisk) is a joke. He tries to look pretty in the papers but Price should call every play on every down...except 4th and long. I have looked forward to CC having a great year for a long time now but I honestly dont feel like the defense (or coordinator) can get them there. Coffee County may have won this game on paper, but it was a loss to them for all the people that expected a region championship. Coffee County will go 4-6 (at best) and outgain every team they play on offense but still lose most of them due to defensive coaching. BTW...??? CC's special teams coach isnt very good either. Please do everybody in CC a break and just kick the ball out of bounds at the 35 every play.

To the CC players...I say congrats on the win, but dont expect your coaching staff to get you many more. The players on the CC team won this game on athletic ability alone... Any old fence walker could have coached you guys to a win tonight. Dont question yourselves...question your guidance. Great Job Coffee County Players!

[size="5"] Unbelievable, CC wins and some MORON makes a post like this. There is High School teams all over the state that needs fans, pick one and go because our boys do not need ones like you. Learn the game before you make any post.

To the players

[/size][/color][/color]

Overall it wasn't the rout that was expected, but we won and you take a win anywhere you can get it. The offense was very productive and we didn't turn the ball over. The secondary was very suspect and can only get better (that's a positive). Everybody knows we can't cover a kickoff so it is what it is. Overall though, this is what impressed me: We totally lost the momentum and could have buckled late in the 4th, but our boys didn't- they found a way. Call Fri-Sat. nights game a character builder and get ready for that other Murfreesboro school.

Oh yeah, to hometeamfan: let's enjoy the football season before we have to revisit who is running the b-ball team.

Congrats on a very tense win, CC! This was a nail-biter to the end. I am liking the 4 RB combo that we are showing this year. Perhaps we should call the Raider run offense the "Big Red Machine." And, although we didn't see much of the passing game the other night, I am liking the potential at WR. The front seven of the defense is solid. The secondary is getting there. This Raider team is the most solid team that I have seen in a while. With a few more tweaks, this team could make it farther in the playoffs this year. Actually, I think that they could make it just fine the way they are now. Once the passing game matures into what it can be, this team will be a very well rounded team on offense. I am excited about this year! I know how hot it has been the past few months and to think that these kids have gotten all of this together and have stayed with it speaks volumes. You guys have the determination to be great and that is what it takes. So eat your veggies, listen to your coach, and shine under the lights!

BC