Knox West vs Bearden

Knoxvegas98

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden is not over-rated. They did not have a very good opponent to open up with, but they are a much better team than the past. The QB is impressive. Very good team play. The ET PREP game on TV showed alot of kids flying to the ball. Pretty good size kids as well. Skilled players looked big.

I thought the etp game was Catholic and Mo West? And if you are talking about that game what does that have to do with Bearden/West?

Ryan can move just as well as Halliday. The difference is he does not want to move around, hed rather sit in the pocket. This doesnt mean he doesnt have wheels, In fact in a scrimmage against webb Ryan had a few good runs including one where he ran a guy over. How many times do you see a qb do that

Oh oh.

I need to repent. I agree with 1/2 of ihavenofriendzz post. I do think Bearden might be a bit over-rated. Now, I also think that Fulton and West are a bit over-rated. Fulton at #3, and West at #4. That was before week zero though. Catholic at #6 after they handled West rather easily in a scrimmage, and Farragut at #7 were a under-rated, IMO. That should change this week after Farragut's defeat of West (yes it would have been closer with Jake playing the whole game, and West not turning the ball over), and Catholic's dismantling or Morristown West.

I think Ryan and Halladay are both very good HS QB's. Dawson is quicker, and faster. Both are smart, and I really like Jake's motion/mechanics.

Bearden has the advantage up front. This will be an emotionally charged game for a numer of reasons:

* Bill Wilson. Period.

* QB vs. QB.

* Two pretty highly rated teams in a neighborhood rivalry.

* Seniors on both teams like Ryan, Hallady, Whaley, Rouse, Shankles, Coley, Goodrich, Hammilton, Pemberton, etc that have played together, and aginst each other for years, and want those last bragging rights.

Good luck to both teams.

ruse?