ensworth vs. cpa

tigerfan12

Rodney Anderson went to Ensworth for middle school. Last year he set the HVAC record in the 100 meter dash at 11.3 seconds. He's a fine athlete and a great kid.

As far as 9th graders getting playing time for Coach Bowers at MBA vs Ensworth--- remember how much smaller Ensworth is than MBA. THe senior class (the school's first) is only 80 kids or so--- roughly 40 boys, vs around 100 boys per class at MBA. Ensworth has some talent, but they're real thin. All that said, I may be imagining things, but I feel like I can remember David McIntosh, Hunter Hillenmeyer and Ingle Martin all seeing some decent playing time as freshmen---- Of course two of the three are in the NFL now, so they were clearly pretty outstanding players.

You are correct, David McIntosh played special teams as a freshman. I believe Ingle and Hunter both dressed for games but never say any action.

On another note, does EHS plan to increase their class sizes once a few classes have gone through or do they plan to cap the class sizes between 80-100 kids?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tigers win through running game, special teams make game close. EHS by 7

I can see that happening, i know ensworth has a pretty strong run game and a decent passing game and an alright D but just not enough experience to be great. I heard, correct me if im wrong, Ensworth's normal place kicker tore his ACL. Have the found a replacement for now?

Also i read in the newest On the Ball Magazine and it didnt give to much about their receivers or their passing game, it just gave the names Trent Wallace, Duke Deloche, Michael Dunn and Matt Reed.....does anybody know anything about these guys, or are they needing to prove themselves this year

You are correct, David McIntosh played special teams as a freshman. I believe Ingle and Hunter both dressed for games but never say any action.

On another note, does EHS plan to increase their class sizes once a few classes have gone through or do they plan to cap the class sizes between 80-100 kids?

Classes will be bigger--- in fact, all three of the other classes on campus now are over 100. They had an outstanding admissions experience with this years 9th grade which is around 120. In the future I believe the plan is to target an enrollment of around 450-460, so roughly 225-230 boys.

Trent Wallace is special. He and Harrison seem to have a special connection on the field. Nobody plays harder than Wallace and at 6'8 he has the size and he also catches everything thrown to him.

Harrison Ballard is a stud too.

Anything about Spencer Foote????? I heard the guy can flat out hit....your thoughts yamrocks?

The Anderson kid ran a 11.3 as an 8th grader?!!! Wow. Has he been at Ensworth for several years or just middle school? I can't beleive I didn't hear about this kid.

I don't remember McIntosh playing on varsity at all as a frosh, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, RedTwin, where is Ingle now?

The Anderson kid ran a 11.3 as an 8th grader?!!! Wow. Has he been at Ensworth for several years or just middle school? I can't beleive I didn't hear about this kid.

I don't remember McIntosh playing on varsity at all as a frosh, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, RedTwin, where is Ingle now?

As you know Ingle was just cut from the packers and i think he went back to coach bowers for now until he may get picked back up by another pro-team....so i belive he has been watching ensworth practice and probably helping out here or there.....i expect him to play for another team in the NFL just not sure who yet

Yeah, Ingle is home for the time being. He's got to wait on other teams to make their cuts and then try and get picked up as a #3 or a practice squad guy. He may try Canada if he doesn't land anywhere in the NFL. I'd like to see him down in ATL. I think he'd be a good fit for Petrino's offense.

Yeah, Ingle is home for the time being. He's got to wait on other teams to make their cuts and then try and get picked up as a #3 or a practice squad guy. He may try Canada if he doesn't land anywhere in the NFL. I'd like to see him down in ATL. I think he'd be a good fit for Petrino's offense.

Ingle Martin is currently practicing and helping out with Ensworth, playing scout team quarterback and helping coach all quarterbacks as well. Back to the topic though.....any more thoughts on the game for tomorrow night?