Tennessee High 2007

athlete269

So...the 1st game of the season is over...we were beaten by D-B by 6 points.

We all know this year's team is young, but they look like a very capable football team.

We had more total offense than D-B with 336 yards, 201 coming from rookie quarterbacks. Junior quarterback Mason Canty hit Corey Young up with a 71-yard touchdown pass in the 4th quarter. Canty was 6-for-13 passing with 173 yards and one touchdown in his first start. Jeff Baker rushed for 53 yards.

Next game is at Sullivan East, September 7th then Virginia High at home the following week. What should we expect out of the Vikings in the next few weeks?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know this year's team is young, but they look like a very capable football team.

We had more total offense than D-B with 336 yards, 201 coming from rookie quarterbacks. Junior quarterback Mason Canty hit Corey Young up with a 71-yard touchdown pass in the 4th quarter. Canty was 6-for-13 passing with 173 yards and one touchdown in his first start. Jeff Baker rushed for 53 yards.

Next game is at Sullivan East, September 7th then Virginia High at home the following week. What should we expect out of the Vikings in the next few weeks?

Well hopfully it will only get better. I was pretty impressed against DB .we looked a lot more polished than i expected.

gotta get those stupid penaltys down and the young backs will learn to take care of the ball.

And stubbs coached teams seem to mature fairly quickly. So with that said i look for a dog fight out of East and for sure if we make alot of mental errors and the bearcats are much improved from last year from what i hear.

But by week 6 or 7 (barring major injurys) this team could be VERY good, looks like they have a lot of weapons in the arsenal.

I expect the Vikings to win those next two games. One thing I like about this year's team is that they finally appear to be balanced on offense. Both qbs and a few of the receivers will be back next year as well.

I expect the Vikings to win those next two games. One thing I like about this year's team is that they finally appear to be balanced on offense. Both qbs and a few of the receivers will be back next year as well.

Yea this team could be pretty darn good for a couple years, lots a sophs.

I think you guys will do well this year.If your QB get's a little more polished, you could do real well.