Farragut v.s. Knox Central

FHSFOOTBALL51

Word is Wilson is already nicked up. How bad is his injury? What is his status? Who is his back up?

I agree Central was their own worst enemy Friday night. But discipline, penalties, and turnovers are all part of the game that factor into the final outcome.

I wonder if the staff considered kicking away from the return man on the last punt?

It will take a stellar effort for the Bobcats to make a game out of this one. If ole CHS plays their best they will win anything less than that will result in an 0-2 start.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually went to the Central/Cookeville game. Wilson had a couple of runs called back, and Central made some mistakes that in the end cost them the game. Cookeville had no business hanging around that long, and Central needs to play with much more discipline if they expect to see anything more than a #4 seed. In fact they should consider themselves lucky that the region is as down as it is this year. Wilson certainly has all the physical tools to be a D1 recruit, while Sterling has all the tools and is. I think Central plays better this week, but they won't correct some of those habitual focus related issues overnight. They need to soon though because their most important game, region wise, might just be next week against Halls. Farragut wins.

ruse?

I will try to be civil but you are full of yourself and !. Centrals defense was as solid as I have seen a defense be and will play solid against Farragut and IMO keep sterling in check. Not only did J. Wilson have a couple of touchdowns called back as well as McMillan it's hard to win when you fumble several times and are getting the bad calls at home. Cookevilles last touchdown had 2 or 3 clips uncalled as well as a sideline infraction (Cookeville coaches and players 4 yards into the field of play with the runner going down the sideline) that a ref changed his mind on and called a celebration penalty. Central was also called for penalties that were bogus, you only need to see the film to know.

Cookeville did play hungry and did not give up and I congratulate them for that..they did win (but) Central will improve and be at the top when all is said and done IMO. As far as the region being down time will tell but IMO has some of the best talent in the state and some of the best teams and as far the game Friday night well know about 10pm if weather permits.

Central is always one of the most athletic teams around. Always have a number of guys that can go the distance on any play. However, they are also one of the most undisciplined tema around. Those same guys that can tote it the distance can also let you down by laying it down or giving up if things go South. They always bring pressure off the edge, but if you can block the pressure you can usually make good yardage between the tackles. Farragut by 10.

I will try to be civil but you are full of yourself and !. Centrals defense was as solid as I have seen a defense be and will play solid against Farragut and IMO keep sterling in check. Not only did J. Wilson have a couple of touchdowns called back as well as McMillan it's hard to win when you fumble several times and are getting the bad calls at home. Cookevilles last touchdown had 2 or 3 clips uncalled as well as a sideline infraction (Cookeville coaches and players 4 yards into the field of play with the runner going down the sideline) that a ref changed his mind on and called a celebration penalty. Central was also called for penalties that were bogus, you only need to see the film to know.

Cookeville did play hungry and did not give up and I congratulate them for that..they did win (but) Central will improve and be at the top when all is said and done IMO. As far as the region being down time will tell but IMO has some of the best talent in the state and some of the best teams and as far the game Friday night well know about 10pm if weather permits.

shockjockjr.

Sorry to offend. I have enjoyed watching many of Central's players and teams over the years, and for a number of reasons, it was a frustrating game to watch. I went bcause I thought it would be a good matchup of contrasting styles, and to watch Wilson. Saw both.

I usually have a rooting interest in the local team when playing someone from outside the immediate area, and this time was no different.

I have seen Central's defense play better, much better over the years than what they did last Friday. Turnovers happen, and calls go both ways. I think Central will play better on Friday; but so too will Frragut. Should be a close game.

Central should understand that they are a target, and will get a real test from every team they face. Central can't be inconsistent. Can't hang 50+ on Bearden one year, and get waxed the next. That is program inconsistency. That is frustrating. Region is down from a few years back, and there is some good talent, but it is not a region that I would consider to have the best talent in the state. Like you said, we'll see. Again, shockjockjr, no offense intended.

ruse?

Both Ryan and Wagner threw an INT. Ryan probably would have thrown a couple more if it wasn't for drops by the Farragut D. Wagner also didn't throw the ball nearly as much as Ryan.

Farragut beats Central.

Ryan didnt throw an INT. Jack had 2, fumbled once, and klotzbach muffed a punt. Just to clear that up

Sorry about that rebel. You are correct. For some reason I thought Ryan did throw one, but I went to farragut's football site and watched the video of the one I thought he threw, but it was towards the end of the 1st half I think. So yeah, I was wrong. I'll do like everyone else. I will be a man and admit when I am wrong. hah but yeah sorry about that. I got ahead of myself and just wasn't thinking clearly.

Somehow I told you so just doesn't quite get it.... Freshman ball games a definitely a good prediction if the classes are both seniors... Oh and Wilson def rushed for like 40 yards... Andre ran for well over 200 and 4 touchdowns.... Your welcome...

wilson didnt even play tonite nor was he even suited up and show some class or something, farragut was supposed to win this game