Wartburg @ Coalfield

bob367

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it would be like a state championship.

We've got to put things in perspective AA schools are supposed to beat A schools. Thats how far Wartburg has fallen the last couple of years but you've got to remember prior to the fall wartburg was more than just competitive with CF.

They dominate everyone in boys basketball because they are much bigger (school size) and better coached and girls ball they win the majority of their games in the county (based on a little scouting trip I took this summer that shouldn't change with the new coach There I said it and it nearly killed me!) I dont care for the guy but they did look good!

Baseball is the same way so when the dogs get the boys out they will be the best football team in the county. And they'll have what comes with that which is nothing. Honestly morgan county football is not very good this year. And I don't look for it to improve next year very much.

When they get through this cycle of players mainly their senior class you'll see things start to turn around for them where A teams are concerned. Coalfield had better get the dogs this year from what I saw at the scrimmage at Oakdale their Fresh. and Soph. Class is loaded with very good skill players! But are they ready for AA competition 2 years away from being anywhere close to anyone in that region except maybe O.S.

As for this game I'm taking Coalfield 28-12 over the dogs. And I'm praying that Oakdale can get a W some time soon!

I think had the burg won it would have been like winning a State Championship in Football, they would have broken the streak, beaten their biggest in County rival (who owns a four game streak now), and felt a little better about their program. It didn't happen, they were beaten by a single A school by nearly the same margin as a AAA School last week.

As for the other fluff above. Superdave where have you been?

Morgan County news this week shows the overall record between the two in football. That record gives W'burg the edge by 1 measly game.

Girls basketball, Wartburg has never been to M'boro as Coalfield and Oakdale have done.

Boys basketball, they finally showed something this year. Good job.

And NOW BASEBALL: Coalfield has been one of the top baseball programs in this area for years. They won the district this year, and have made State play-off appearances often (way more than the burg). Oakdale is the best baseball competitor to Coalfield in the county.

Oh, yeah forgot one important thing in Baseball, tradition. Until he quit 10 years ago George Lowe was the winningest Coach in High School baseball in Tennessee. And if you will take a trip to the C-town trophy case you will see one other minor thing on the baseball end, THE HARDWARE, State Championship Trophy with Dave Treece as Head Coach.

Enjoy your trip back from La La Land.

Cy

I wasn't talking just trips to M'Boro or even about George Lowe...and as far as Oakdale goes I don't think you can educate me very much on that. If you read my post you noticed that I am not from Wartburg nor do I root for them on a consistent basis. I am in fact from Oakdale.

The point I was trying to make is that AA schools don't really have that much to gain playing A schools.

Any time a A school can beat a school in an upper classification it is a great positive. And it's true wartburg held a 1 game lead in the series. But I think the lead should be much more given that they are a bigger school and play better competition.

Beating a A team should be routine for AA schools and right now I'm not sure that wartburg could beat Oakdale in a real game. Thats how far down they have come.

So to recap for ya CY-RETARD

Wartburg Stinks in Football and a school with over 400 should almost always beat one with 190 or whatever

(Except in special cases like coalfield they have a great recruiting pipeline)

Glad you guys in coalfield have Football and that baseball state championship thing It helps you make up for lack of education you give your children. How about one of your football players actually graduating college!

Oneida will beat the Jackets 20-7

They will never go to a state tournament in boys basketball EVER!!!

Maybe someday the rest of us in A will be able to rent out trailers to athletes from other counties so we can win games also! (Win with the kids that are from Coalfield and I'll be much more impressed) And don't even try to give me that We don't recruit crap!

So CY in closing Keep that Jacket Tradition Alive Buddy! I hear there are some good football players up in White County...it may not be too late to get a few of them for your traditional powerhouse.

I wish I could rent one of those trailers also, so I could vote against you next time.

Ok genious, here is what you said:

"Thats how far Wartburg has fallen the last couple of years but you've got to remember prior to the fall wartburg was more than just competitive with CF."

Proof is in this weeks Morgan Co. News that they are just competitive, not *more* than competitive. 500 ball is what I call even. You do the math. Please support your statements. I did with a reference.

"better coached and girls ball they win the majority of their games in the county."

They had a very good coach, and a very good guy. They have not dominated girls basketball in the county. I think that it is a draw between Oakdale, Coalfield and the Burg. Each are capable of playing very good basketball. Fred Snow is an excellent coach.

"Baseball is the same way..." Really? Where is your proof? I posted mine, it is in Coalfield's trophy case and on the third base dugout at the Ballpark.

If you really want to live in Coalfield to "vote against me". I will rent you a trailer lot on my 125 acres. One vote wouldn't have lost the election for me last time, it would have taken twelve.

Smarter trolls please.

Prior to about 1994ish the Wartburg and Coalfield programs were both A and played very even to one another. That was not my point. I am talking about since WB began grossly outgrowing schools like CF, Oak, and Sun.

When wartburg frist moved to AA they beat coalfield something like 5 of 7 times (I may be wrong on the exact number.

That seemed to me that they were pulling away due to the number of kids in the school) Now the dogs have lost the last 3 meetings...i think again I don't follow this as closely as you do...You know it all @##!

But here goes It seems like I remember the WB baseball coach winning something like his first 12 games vs CF,

Boys basketball beat CF as a rule, and I'm sure that Mr. Davis (Dallas) has a winning record against every county team.

So it seemed to me that the number of kids in WB was beginning to influence the outcome of games vs county opponents.

Now pull some state championship out of your #@@, and tell me about some basketball game that was played 50 years ago but the point that was made is since their school grew to over 400 students they seemed to start being more dominant over other county schools.

Now here's an example since 1998 wartburg has a winning record against every county school in every sport except football where I think they trail CF. So for a time it did seem that their numbers made them dominant over the rest of the county.

But I'm through arguing with a vertically challenged man with ego problems.

Let me settle this in a way that will make you happy, COALFIELD IS GREAT, A FAR SUPERIOR COMMUNITY IN ALL WAYS TO ANY OTHER IN THE COUNTY! Now are you happy?

Prior to about 1994ish the Wartburg and Coalfield programs were both A and played very even to one another. That was not my point. I am talking about since WB began grossly outgrowing schools like CF, Oak, and Sun.

When wartburg frist moved to AA they beat coalfield something like 5 of 7 times (I may be wrong on the exact number.

That seemed to me that they were pulling away due to the number of kids in the school) Now the dogs have lost the last 3 meetings...i think again I don't follow this as closely as you do...You know it all @##!

But here goes It seems like I remember the WB baseball coach winning something like his first 12 games vs CF,

Boys basketball beat CF as a rule, and I'm sure that Mr. Davis (Dallas) has a winning record against every county team.

So it seemed to me that the number of kids in WB was beginning to influence the outcome of games vs county opponents.

Now pull some state championship out of your #@@, and tell me about some basketball game that was played 50 years ago but the point that was made is since their school grew to over 400 students they seemed to start being more dominant over other county schools.

Now here's an example since 1998 wartburg has a winning record against every county school in every sport except football where I think they trail CF. So for a time it did seem that their numbers made them dominant over the rest of the county.

But I'm through arguing with a vertically challenged man with ego problems.

Let me settle this in a way that will make you happy, COALFIELD IS GREAT, A FAR SUPERIOR COMMUNITY IN ALL WAYS TO ANY OTHER IN THE COUNTY! Now are you happy?

GREAT POST!!!!

You are a dumb #$%

you really want to know my thoughts on the game is that it dont matter what the heck happens cause nobody cares about either of those inbred teams anyways and when the gangstas come rolling in on 32s we are gonna stick our glocks in your face and pop a cap in your ###### ######

wartburg 41 coalfield 0

Things aren't gonna get any easier for either team from here on out. Wartburg has to deal with their region, not to mention Midway and Harriman. Coalfield has to deal with Harriman, Midway, Oneida, Greenback, and by the looks of things, Grace Christian. Plus they got a BIG rival waiting in two weeks for them in Oliver Springs. Congrats to my alma mater for the 33-7 win. Now just worry about Oneida.