• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Matlock

6'5- 265

BEAST

Bruceton Central

This kid is a beast. Who does he have offers from? I know one from Army unless i'm mistaken

Joseph Bennet

4.42 40

6,1 225

375 squat

45 yard td against Boyd

Bennett is a great, great player but he is no where near 225. The highest he's ever been weighed at is 205 and I'd bet he's about 195-200 right now. They'll be able to put weight on him in college and he may be near that size but he's far from that right now. He'd be more fitted to be a RB or WR, and he'll definitely be either a Safety or Linebacker at the next level but since he hits so hard and is so explosive, and a great receiving back he is a very effective fullback.

thats right but matlock has got alot from surrounding colleges n i think memphis n he is waitin on the really big boys like tennessee n ole miss n mississipii state who r all very intersted. the kid likes to run n hit more than get the ball n he eats midlle linebackers for lunch. u dint c that very often. n some people r sayin his forty is faster than 4.8 now cause he has gotton alot faster

Alex Matlock

6'5- 265

BEAST

Bruceton Central

Alex Matlock

Bruceton

4.8 Forty @270 is a load

i agree. Alex Matlock is a huge force at FB. he makes crushing blocks is almost unstoppable when carrying the ball, and what makes it even better, he has amazing hands. That boy can catch!

What ive seen in the past 3 yrs. and pruff is in the pudding... I would want to know on a dive, isolation, or sweep where that Kid from Rockwood is heading? what you agree? I don't say he's the BEST in structure nor by his surroundings but in his spirit and heart....not many have i seen.. ( which limits to only my opinion) Also where he lines up on Defense has opened many young eyes before a snap. Don't know all the details or what makes your LIST: BUT I have never seen him take a play off...He don't come out and he gives you all that he has for the team on and off the field. Just to be a farm boy with out all the trainers, camps....yes he loves football but it's not his life....it's not an god to him

... his unselfish attitute on and off the field ( to play hard)

you've not heard a lot of HIP on here ...especially from the Roane Co New.........

Rockwood is thankful for all these young men!

Cascade had a pretty good FB themselves.

Cascade has Cory Phillips and the Moore County kid that got stiff-armed into next week last Friday night would agree with you. Cory has blazing speed, moves like a 170 lb running back and hits like a 250 linebacker. I can gaurantee he will have a lot of colleges looking at him by seasons end.

I'll guess him at 6'0 ft. and about 220 to 230. He could play tb or fb, but with Matt Henderson in the backfield, we are using him at FB. Oh, he also has great hands out of the backfield!

There are 3 kinds of FB's in todays game....You have the blocking FB, he is a Guard lined up 3 yards deep, his job is to clear the way on ISO's and make a path of fallen bodies, they may be called upon to run for a yard or two or to keep the defense honest. Then you have the rushing/receiving FB...this FB is becoming more and more popular. A scat back type, there blocking just consists of getting a body on body. Then there is the all purpose FB, he runs the ball and blocks well.

The Barthalemow (spelling sorry) from MBA is tough

Joseph Bennett from CAK is a good receiving/rushing FB, has the speed of TB and hands of a WR, but he isnt going to make massive holes.

Then there are a lot of schools that line up the big 250 pound kid who loves to hit, to many to mention. Fulton has a good FB, Beardens FB is like Bennett, Riverdale has an all purpose FB, he can line up at the wings or whereever they need him. Oaklands FB is tough. There are plenty that I am leaving out, but the FB position is probably the most versatile position on the offensive side of the ball depending on the offensive philosophy.

While he's being used more as a halfback now B.A. Davis from Dyer County has had a good career as a blocking back. Lead blocking for a tailback (Andre Flowers) who had over 1500 and 1700 yards in the past two years. He still does alot of blocking but, is now getting to showcase some of his running and receiving skills. He's a load to bring down, at about 5 "11 215. He is super strong and has good speed to boot. He probably has a career at this position at the next level if he doesn't go the baseball route first.

There are 3 kinds of FB's in todays game....You have the blocking FB, he is a Guard lined up 3 yards deep, his job is to clear the way on ISO's and make a path of fallen bodies, they may be called upon to run for a yard or two or to keep the defense honest. Then you have the rushing/receiving FB...this FB is becoming more and more popular. A scat back type, there blocking just consists of getting a body on body. Then there is the all purpose FB, he runs the ball and blocks well.

The Barthalemow (spelling sorry) from MBA is tough

Joseph Bennett from CAK is a good receiving/rushing FB, has the speed of TB and hands of a WR, but he isnt going to make massive holes.

Then there are a lot of schools that line up the big 250 pound kid who loves to hit, to many to mention. Fulton has a good FB, Beardens FB is like Bennett, Riverdale has an all purpose FB, he can line up at the wings or whereever they need him. Oaklands FB is tough. There are plenty that I am leaving out, but the FB position is probably the most versatile position on the offensive side of the ball depending on the offensive philosophy.

matlock his huge... he can run and is very quick...has the best hands out of anyone ive seen in a long time...and he leaves trails of bodys when he blocks his favorite play is iso were he eats linebackers for lunch. so he has the total package...n he would tell you himself he would much rather make a huge hole for jordan than run the ball any day. the kid is a complete beast benches 350 power clean 305 n squats i think 575 or somewere in there. BEAST!!.