Cloudland vs. Cosby

91LANDERS

Cloudland people are a joke by the way. Two weeks ago, every person on that mtn was on here pouting about how bad you stunk and how you needed a coach. Now you guys are on here saying cloudlands dominance is back on the rise. Grooms is a man. Hes a man in the weight room, hes a man on the field. He will play d-line at a d1 college and thats that. Hes the best defensive player in the region too. Oh and btw. The worst late hit i ever recieved in all my playing of football occured on the sidelines at cloudland last fall.

That was the latest and cheapest I've seen as well, and I know there WAS a flag on that play.

The main hit in question of Grooms' I'm sure was the one around midfield with about 1:30 left to go in the game. It was directly in front of the head official. There was no flag because there was no penalty. He blew the kid up. The whistle had not blown. So what do you want Spencer to do, stop playing becuase we were allready beat? I would never wish injury on any kid. So as a coach up that much w/ 1:30 to go if I had a kid I didn't want mixin it up with an All State M. LB I'd get him off the field. Yes, I said all state. Grooms will be all-state before he graduates.

Was the shot away from the play? Yes.

Was it a hard shot? Yes.

Would I rather see kids play to the whistle? Always.

Should kids stand around countin their change before the play's blown dead? Ask one who did!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the latest and cheapest I've seen as well, and I know there WAS a flag on that play.

The main hit in question of Grooms' I'm sure was the one around midfield with about 1:30 left to go in the game. It was directly in front of the head official. There was no flag because there was no penalty. He blew the kid up. The whistle had not blown. So what do you want Spencer to do, stop playing becuase we were allready beat? I would never wish injury on any kid. So as a coach up that much w/ 1:30 to go if I had a kid I didn't want mixin it up with an All State M. LB I'd get him off the field. Yes, I said all state. Grooms will be all-state before he graduates.

Was the shot away from the play? Yes.

Was it a hard shot? Yes.

Would I rather see kids play to the whistle? Always.

Should kids stand around countin their change before the play's blown dead? Ask one who did!

Look this is an old topic,lets let it go. The kid is a good player,period. If he could play center,guardx2,tacklex2,endx2,tb,fb,receiver and qb you would win alot of ballgames. He don't so you won't. IF he works hard and IF he maintains his grades he will have a shot @ playing @ the next level. BUT I still say just not @ an SEC school. Now can we move on?

I don't think nole is bashing him either. If the kid is a cheap shot type player then he is a cheap shot type player. There is really nothing you can say to defend him. I am from Hampton and I have been hearing about what Grooms did in the game. He must have acted awful. At least Cloudland got the win by a huge margin and Grooms got to go home with a loss. I am positive that when Cosby comes to Hampton he can pick on somebody his own size, and Hampton has a TRUE D1 prospect that can probably handle him. And what is all this crap about him winning defensive player of the year cuz Estep won it for the conference. Heck, I had never even heard of Grooms until last week...

Of course the kid is a bad player hes for cosby. thats wat they teach them down there at cosby. like last year down at cosby when hampton played them. that was the worst act of sportsmanship i've saw they had soon many things about hampton and how they wanted to take Townsend out of the game. and then they really did.. Wat round did cosby go to last year in the playoffs? Wat round did CLoudland go to in the Playoffs. Duh!!!!!!! Hampton will kill cosby and cloudland hampton beat both off them they killed them last year.

Of course the kid is a bad player hes for cosby. thats wat they teach them down there at cosby. like last year down at cosby when hampton played them. that was the worst act of sportsmanship i've saw they had soon many things about hampton and how they wanted to take Townsend out of the game. and then they really did.. Wat round did cosby go to last year in the playoffs? Wat round did CLoudland go to in the Playoffs. Duh!!!!!!! Hampton will kill cosby and cloudland hampton beat both off them they killed them last year.

That was your third post ever? Wow Joe Dirt, i would have never guessed. ha ha. Yeah they teach them to play dirty on the hill. Im guessing you never played football. I would go out on a limb tho and say you can light up some skynard on the 'ole six string. How do you figure we WANTED to take Townsend out? Youre a joke! Actually, every thing you said in this post was stupid. We had a shot to tie Hampton and the refs screwed us out of 15 seconds to end the game. Yeah they killed us. lol. THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN 'OLE BUDDY!!!f9d

Youre right. I cant go back an play but i just hate when people get on here and state false facts. Hampton did not kill us when i played, either year. And uh, i do believe its relevant that we beat cloudland. And saying grooms wont be all-state is ludicris. Hate him or love him, show respect and dont make yourself look retarded by saying that. He may get it this year but im sure he will get it before he graduates. Then when he graduates, that will make Cosby having the REGION DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR 4 years in a row.

That was your third post ever? Wow Joe Dirt, i would have never guessed. ha ha. Yeah they teach them to play dirty on the hill. Im guessing you never played football. I would go out on a limb tho and say you can light up some skynard on the 'ole six string. How do you figure we WANTED to take Townsend out? Youre a joke! Actually, every thing you said in this post was stupid. We had a shot to tie Hampton and the refs screwed us out of 15 seconds to end the game. Yeah they killed us. lol. THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN 'OLE BUDDY!!!f9d

That was after they allowed the clock to run down at halftime with 45 seconds left (Hampton's ball) and after they allowed a (what should have been... whistle broken) dead ball to be picked up and run into the end zone for a td. IF not for their help you would not have been close. Anyway, way to go landers!!!!! That cosby hospitality is something else???!!!!

That was after they allowed the clock to run down at halftime with 45 seconds left (Hampton's ball) and after they allowed a (what should have been... whistle broken) dead ball to be picked up and run into the end zone for a td. IF not for their help you would not have been close. Anyway, way to go landers!!!!! That cosby hospitality is something else???!!!!

HA HA. All i can do is laugh at you people. If the game was 20 years ago i could understand maybe not being able to remember exactly what happened. It was less than a year ago and I played!!!!! The refs screwed us at the end. End of story. Oh yeah, Cosby has the best fans in the world. You have to admit that the atmosphere at last years game was unbelievable.

HA HA. All i can do is laugh at you people. If the game was 20 years ago i could understand maybe not being able to remember exactly what happened. It was less than a year ago and I played!!!!! The refs screwed us at the end. End of story. Oh yeah, Cosby has the best fans in the world. You have to admit that the atmosphere at last years game was unbelievable.

When is the last time Cosby one a conf. title in football. You can keep Defensive player of the year in Cocke co, and we will keep the TEAM awards up here in Carter co.

actually at the game last year, i thought the atmosphere was not good at all. when we got down there i can honestly remember thinking "where are all the people at?" Then i heard some cosby person behind me say "this is the most people i have seen here in a long time." i just about had to laugh...