9/7 White House at Alcoa

timbdp

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to add that I was not impressed with Gaines at LT. He looked like Tarzan, played like Jane. Looked big (not fat though) and slow. Doesn't get good pad leverage consistently and looks very high in his stance. His footwork left a lot to be desired as well. The kid he was going against beat him several times by getting lower than he did and shedding the block. And he was probably giving up 100 lbs. and 6".

I was anxious to see him play tonight and very disappointed. Maybe he just had a bad game, but I would be shocked if he gets any D-1A offers unless he gets an extreme sense of urgency about him and works on his technique.

This is true. Portland is a "very average at best" Class 4A school that had their opportunities tonight. I don't know whether the rivalry had something to do with it or whether White House is just "overrated" by many on this website. Next week will help the people gauge just how good the Blue Devils truly are because they are going on the road to play an Alcoa bunch that will be quite angry coming off of their big loss tonight against Maryville (THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE).

Alcoa: 35

White House: 21

White House will have to play alot better to win against Alcoa next week. Once they start firing on all cylinders you will see a different team. Might be next week . Might not. But once they get rolling i wouldnt want to play defensive against them.

Well now if Coach Dawson wants my opinion then here goes. The defense stinks. You could not stop a simple sweep. All the great players on this team and you cannt stop something that simple dang great coaching there ole boy. Now as far as offense goes you run payne when anyone can see dixon is a better back and this would keep payne fresh for defense. I guess macon county was smart when they got rid of you...lol....Oh and you would be better off keeping your kid from sneaking out with last years tail back insteed of reading what fans are saying on a site like this.

i agree with you to a point about our defense. But, on the other hand they did create alot of turnovers when they needed them. But they gave up a ton of rushing yards on the sweep. The offense didnt exactly set the world on fire either, but they will. I do hope our defense can step up next week against Alcoa because they will have ALOT better athletes on the field then what we saw tonight.

Sumner County

I dont know what was wrong with the defense but it seemed they where running into the heavy side of the line at will. The one thing about this group of boys is they will knock the snoot out of you. Its going to be a real shame if this group doesnt do something special because of a couple bad coaches.

Sumner County

I dont know what was wrong with the defense but it seemed they where running into the heavy side of the line at will. The one thing about this group of boys is they will knock the snoot out of you. Its going to be a real shame if this group doesnt do something special because of a couple bad coaches.

Not making excuses for WH, but a well-executed option attack is hard to stop. While Portland may not have had unbelievable talent at the skill positions, their technique and execution was pretty good and they had smart players who knew their roles. I thought their 2nd string QB stepped into a difficult situation and played pretty well until the game was out of reach. And their downfield blocking was good as well. I think the WH defense would have looked more dominant against a traditional I-Formation team. But you have to give them credit for creating some key turnovers. Difference in the game, IMO.

Sumner County

Im not gonna say anything bad about the coaches because i dont know them, and im not a coach, but i would like to see Gaines play some defense every now and then, and i would like to see Aussie out there some too. I understand that hes the backup QB , but i think he could help us on defense also. It looks to me that our defense is a little undersized. Parker had quite a few tackles tonight along with an interception, and also Chad Neal had 2 ints. Its a good thing we have alot of depth after losing Allen , Edgar, Akers , and Poindexter. Im a huge WH fan , and i pull for all the kids, and i hope we bounce back next week with a great effort. Im thinking we will. Ill go with WH 30- Alcoa 23.

Here's the deal: I'm a WH football alumni; 3-year starter both ways; and a big supporter of the guys on the field. They seemed like they were nervous, complacent, i don't know, and really don't care to be honest. These guys know they didn't perform tonight. But I would much rather them do what they did tonight against a very average Portland team then against Alcoa. I don't want to say that "I know for a fact that these guys will bounce back from this one" or "They will be fine. The reason they played like this is ______ (fill in the blank with some lame excuse)" The bottom line is that no one can tell if a teenager who has alot a pressure to win, which is alot if you play under the miscroscope that is White House, can respond or even wants to respond. But I know these young Men, I have played with them. I know they got alot of heart and alot of guts. They will respond. They will have a great week of practice this week and they will give Alcoa their best shot. I encourage everybody, mainly fans from White House, to refrain from any 'trash talking' on here this next week. Everybody knows we're the underdogs here. We aren't going down to Nashville to play the Titans, Alcoa is just another storied programs like ours. Give them the respect they deserve because they more than deserve it. For god sakes, we're still living in 1997, THE LAST TIME WE DID WHAT ALCOA'S DONE! We are having a celebration to commemorate those guys and even though they deserve it, I mean come on. We need to be focusing on this years team, which has as good of an oppurtunity to do just that, win a state title. I say these things for two reasons: 1) I'm tired of WH fans getting on here and disrespecting the game. We won't beat Alcoa by more than a TD. We barely beat PO buy a couple of TDs. I was in the stands and I heard this moron, who i've had multiple encounters with while i played for WH say, 'Yeah, i can wait til next week when i get to see our boys whoop those Alcoa boys effin a**' I mean give me a break. 2) These men need our support and not our judgment, especially from those of us who have no idea whats goin on. And for the parents who have players on the team who are reading this, you REALLY have no idea. The last thing we need to do is get on here and criticize these coaches and players. This was there first game, they're young, they NEEDED this to happen. Good luck Devils, Good luck Tornadoes. I personally wish both teams an excellent week on practice.

Nice post Manny, but you continue to show WH arrogance. Aside from the title in 97, what has WH done compared to Alcoa? Alcoa has 4 State Titles since the turn of the century to include the last 3. They've also made three state semi-finals since 97...WH has only 2. That's a pretty good record, but it is not on the same level as Alcoa. If I'm not mistaken, the only team that has beaten them the last 3+ years is Maryville....and it was very close each time. WH has been a consistantly good/great program since Porter arrived, but they are not a "storied program" across the state...just in y'alls own mind.

Miracles do happen, but I just can't see WH going on a 3+ hour road trip and beating Alcoa at their place. I could see it happen if Alcoa overlooks WH, though. To a power house school in East Tennessee, WH (and their supposed "storied program") is not threatening. It will actually be a let down, like most opponents would be, after playing Maryville. Alcoa doesn't have to even bring their A game...they just need to bring their B game...but if they don't, then that might be a scenario where WH comes out with a win.

If I'm not mistaken, the only team that has beaten them the last 3+ years is Maryville....and it was very close each time.

Fulton got a W on Alcoa last year in a game Alcoa probably should have won. I seem to Remember Ben Stiller starting a thread over the winter about how WH was going to kill Alcoa. I hope someone doesn't "bump" that old thread (or was it two Ben?) to the top of the boards. It might just Tick off the Tornadoes even more. I hear that WH has some boys that like to hit. I don't know if they can hit what they can't catch. Alcoa has some speeeeed. Drive safely and be sure and check out some of the sights in Blount County while your up here. Townsend, Great Smoky Mtns. National Park, Cades Cove, Shields Stadium at MHS....(sorry about that last one)

Im not gonna say anything bad about the coaches because i dont know them, and im not a coach, but i would like to see Gaines play some defense every now and then, and i would like to see Aussie out there some too. I understand that hes the backup QB , but i think he could help us on defense also. It looks to me that our defense is a little undersized. Parker had quite a few tackles tonight along with an interception, and also Chad Neal had 2 ints. Its a good thing we have alot of depth after losing Allen , Edgar, Akers , and Poindexter. Im a huge WH fan , and i pull for all the kids, and i hope we bounce back next week with a great effort. Im thinking we will. Ill go with WH 30- Alcoa 23.

they should play gaines on defense but not put light in at all he stinks