9/7 White House at Alcoa

timbdp

QUOTE(Mannythemanager @ Sep 6 2007 - 02:33 PM) How much of a metaphorical 'David vs. Goliath' is this? I mean, is it really gonna be that bad? Am I jumping ship when I say that I think that this will be a 'good game'? Should I even come all the way out to east TN just so I can watch my Blue Devils get powned? Decisions, decisions... I honestly think its will a close game.. but thats not the general consensus on here, but its ok.. How big of an upset would it be if White House pulled this one out? Are we talkin' Michigan/Appalachian St.??Michigan/Appalachian St it's not...why would anyone think that a veteran White House team is an underdog to a "very" young Alcoa team? Alcoa has a lot of talent, but they also have some holes to fill. I saw alot of bright spots last week and I was very proud of their effort however the team is taking it one game at a time and not looking over any team as they pursue another state title. Coach Rankin knows the White House program well and will have his team prepared, but the young guys (frosh and sophs) will have to step up and mature as the season progresses and they enter regional play. As I see it I think that Randall will have a break away game, I look for both Brian and Sam to make plays and they will pound the ground game(Troy and crew). I look for a very hard hitting game, but White House will have to deal with alot of speed at so many positions. With that said I think your trip up East will be well worth your time and money.We r far from veteran, we r jus as young as alcoa.

How many freshmen and sophomores will play for White House on Friday?

QUOTE(Mannythemanager @ Sep 6 2007 - 02:33 PM) How much of a metaphorical 'David vs. Goliath' is this? I mean, is it really gonna be that bad? Am I jumping ship when I say that I think that this will be a 'good game'? Should I even come all the way out to east TN just so I can watch my Blue Devils get powned? Decisions, decisions... I honestly think its will a close game.. but thats not the general consensus on here, but its ok.. How big of an upset would it be if White House pulled this one out? Are we talkin' Michigan/Appalachian St.??Michigan/Appalachian St it's not...why would anyone think that a veteran White House team is an underdog to a "very" young Alcoa team? Alcoa has a lot of talent, but they also have some holes to fill. I saw alot of bright spots last week and I was very proud of their effort however the team is taking it one game at a time and not looking over any team as they pursue another state title. Coach Rankin knows the White House program well and will have his team prepared, but the young guys (frosh and sophs) will have to step up and mature as the season progresses and they enter regional play. As I see it I think that Randall will have a break away game, I look for both Brian and Sam to make plays and they will pound the ground game(Troy and crew). I look for a very hard hitting game, but White House will have to deal with alot of speed at so many positions. With that said I think your trip up East will be well worth your time and money.We r far from veteran, we r jus as young as alcoa.

How many freshmen and sophomores will play for White House on Friday?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just parker (wr/s) best player, also akers (startin dt/te) strongest person on team, allen (fb/lb) leadin rusher from last year, edgar(would've been great), poindexter, this is not good. 5 starters gone for a majority of the season. but if a team has depth, it's us. we gotta show it this week. WH-28 Alcoa-20

edgar doesn't even go to white house anymore.

I just hope this game lives up to the hype.

I watched White House play Portland. I liked the "W".

I just would have liked to see them dominate the Panthers a little more. The turnovers decided that game.

I will still be there in my Blue and White rooting them on.

I just love the game.

Love prep.

Love the smack.

And Love the smell of hotdogs and popcorn.

Don't get no better than this!

I'm ready for some football!!!!

BDP

I'm thinking that they only have 3 or 4 seniors that start. but they played alot of sophomores last year and their playing alot of sophomores this year.. Some names of starters and people who get considerable amount of playing time:

Payne(Jr.), Payne(Jr), Barrett (Jr.), Boone(Jr.), Parker(Jr.), Allen(Jr.), Gosset(Jr.), Littles(Jr.), Ausbrooks(Jr.), Duty(Jr.), Neal(Jr.), Neal(Jr.), Mosley(Jr.), Light(So.), Greenwade(So.), Dixon(So.)

Thats 16 out of 22 starting postions.. pretty significant to me.

I'm thinking that they only have 3 or 4 seniors that start. but they played alot of sophomores last year and their playing alot of sophomores this year.. Some names of starters and people who get considerable amount of playing time:

Payne(Jr.), Payne(Jr), Barrett (Jr.), Boone(Jr.), Parker(Jr.), Allen(Jr.), Gosset(Jr.), Littles(Jr.), Ausbrooks(Jr.), Duty(Jr.), Neal(Jr.), Neal(Jr.), Mosley(Jr.), Light(So.), Greenwade(So.), Dixon(So.)

Maybe I'm wrong. But I believe Demarcus and Demarius Payne are both Sophmores

No there both Juniors. I remember back in the pee wee days when all them boys used to play together and they won their regional championship. All of those Juniors i listed have been playing ball together since they were 5 or 6 years old. Very tight knit group. Been playing together a long time. I'm so restless abt this game and I DONT EVEN PLAY ANYMORE!!!! HAHAHA 1 MORE DAY!!!!!!

That's exactly why I have been saying since March that White House would have a fine football team as usual this season HOWEVER it's just one year too early for all of the "big expectations" and in 2008 there's no doubt in my mind that White House will win Region 4-3A and contend for a state title. That's why I didn't personally pick them to win Region 4-3A.