FridayMainEvent

Pick the winner.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about making the trip up to McEwen Friday night. Somebody tell me how's the best way to get from Wartrace to McEwen?

Hey Boxman, I've got a link posted to mapquest directions from Cascade High School to McEwen High School on the Cascade website. Just go to the [forum] tab and you'll find it there. Once you click on the link, at the top click on [printer friendly version]. You can then print it out and take it with you. Looks like about a two hour drive so plan to leave early. Click on my signature to get to our website.

McEwen is a very good football team, they always seem to be well coached. McEwen usally has a strong running game, should be the same this year. Cascade has big play capability, and a smothering defense. I like both teams. But I think Cascade has to many athletes this year. It will be a close and low scoring game

Cascade 14

McEwen 12

McEwen is a very good football team, they always seem to be well coached. McEwen usally has a strong running game, should be the same this year. Cascade has big play capability, and a smothering defense. I like both teams. But I think Cascade has to many athletes this year. It will be a close and low scoring game

Cascade 14

McEwen 12

I don't see anyway possible McEwen holds Cascade to 14. I think you saw Cascades lowest scoring output of the season last week at least up to the JB game.

Cascade should win, if they get there new transfer Nick Batts eligible from Shelbyville they won't lose a game! He has a ton of speed and should look great at the single A level.

I agree he is the key factor in their offense. No offense to any other player because they are all great athletes and all do their own thing well, but Batts is a ball player. He will be a huge addition to their offense and defense if needed. He is a great kid as well. Go Champs!!!!

Cascade should win, if they get there new transfer Nick Batts eligible from Shelbyville they won't lose a game! He has a ton of speed and should look great at the single A level.

He looks good at any level if he has a decent line to block for him. Even the best backs are only as good as their blocking allows them to be. The kid has enough talent to play at the next level and the exposure he will get from a winning program is what drove him to make the transfer I'm sure.

I agree he is the key factor in their offense. No offense to any other player because they are all great athletes and all do their own thing well, but Batts is a ball player. He will be a huge addition to their offense and defense if needed. He is a great kid as well. Go Champs!!!!

The Batts kid is a great athlete on either side of the ball but I believe he will make his greatest contribution on the defensive side. He will add that extra punch that it takes to put this team in the Boro come Nov. Don’t get me wrong… he can play offense but I’ve seen him hit a few people and once he hits you… you don’t want him to do it again.

i dont really know how cascade looks, i havnt been around to have a chance to see what they got this year. my brother and parents tell me that cascades better than last year... im very excited to see them in action this friday at mcewen. if you play for cascade you know who this is... i just want to let yall know im still your biggest fan, even though i play on saturdays now, i miss all those friday nights with yall...yall are still my boys. ill be there friday night, so lay a hat on someone. goodluck

cascade- 28

mcewen-0

I just wanted everybody to know that I have total faith in our Cascade team as it is now. However, even the seniors on this team feel that Nick Batts on offense will be the difference in state playoffs or not. All of the boys are in total support of this transition and have welcomed him. He is a good kid, no attitude. Had he shown up with attitude, he would have left feeling sad, because this team is ONE unit. They play together, win together and have lost together. They truly are one, and cheer the other on. There is no inner fighting on this team. When Carcuff came last year, the guys pulled him in and within a week he was hanging out on the weekends with various players on offense and defense. I hope for these guys sake that they take it all the way, because these guys have hit it hard all summer and Coach Austin has been there every day to manage the weights and running! Cascade is in the best shape it has been in in years, and if Coach Parker can't pull this season out this year in playoffs, he needs to retire, because even though there are still awesome players coming through the ranks for the next two years, the quality and QUANTITY of talent that is at Cascade now will probably never be repeated. HISTORY IN THE MAKING!! GO CHAMPS and the best of luck Friday night at McEwen.

I just wanted everybody to know that I have total faith in our Cascade team as it is now. However, even the seniors on this team feel that Nick Batts on offense will be the difference in state playoffs or not. All of the boys are in total support of this transition and have welcomed him. He is a good kid, no attitude. Had he shown up with attitude, he would have left feeling sad, because this team is ONE unit. They play together, win together and have lost together. They truly are one, and cheer the other on. There is no inner fighting on this team. When Carcuff came last year, the guys pulled him in and within a week he was hanging out on the weekends with various players on offense and defense. I hope for these guys sake that they take it all the way, because these guys have hit it hard all summer and Coach Austin has been there every day to manage the weights and running! Cascade is in the best shape it has been in in years, and if Coach Parker can't pull this season out this year in playoffs, he needs to retire, because even though there are still awesome players coming through the ranks for the next two years, the quality and QUANTITY of talent that is at Cascade now will probably never be repeated. HISTORY IN THE MAKING!! GO CHAMPS and the best of luck Friday night at McEwen.

Perfectly said, I couldnt have said it any better. Good luck to the entire team and especially the seniors. The boro would be a great accomplishment. Take it one game at a time. We believe in you guys!

Go Champs