FridayMainEvent

Pick the winner.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the game last year.... cascade just ran all over us. I don't know how their line will be this year compared to last years but on the cascade website they look like they have some good sized boys.... the full back maybe #5 was pounding the ball on us. McEwen is a pretty good team, good enough to fight for third against eagleville, forrest, and whh....that's about it. I would say we have an decent shot in the game tonight if we can get off to a great start....driving 2.5-3 hours takes the wind out of anybody no matter what time you leave... If McEwen 1)keeps cascade from making the big plays tonight 2) and moves the ball through the air some (I don't think the running game will no wear near as affective be that effective against the size of the cascade defense) spread them out a little and pick out the weakness....Being one dimensional will not cut it against a team that has a bigger, faster, better defense than your offense... I'm not counting us out, but it will take more than just running through the tackles tonight....good luck McEwen

Cascade 28 --------McEwen 13

Thanks to whomever painted the baseball room connected to the stadium, it hasn't got it's final coating but it, the painted goalposts and the steel pole lights help out alot....I love not having to look at unpainted block on the side of a stadium.....I noticed we have newer speakers, maybe that will eliminate some of the static.....

I went to the game last year.... cascade just ran all over us. I don't know how their line will be this year compared to last years but on the cascade website they look like they have some good sized boys.... the full back maybe #5 was pounding the ball on us. McEwen is a pretty good team, good enough to fight for third against eagleville, forrest, and whh....that's about it. I would say we have an decent shot in the game tonight if we can get off to a great start....driving 2.5-3 hours takes the wind out of anybody no matter what time you leave... If McEwen 1)keeps cascade from making the big plays tonight 2) and moves the ball through the air some (I don't think the running game will no wear near as affective be that effective against the size of the cascade defense) spread them out a little and pick out the weakness....Being one dimensional will not cut it against a team that has a bigger, faster, better defense than your offense... I'm not counting us out, but it will take more than just running through the tackles tonight....good luck McEwen

Cascade 28 --------McEwen 13

Thanks to whomever painted the baseball room connected to the stadium, it hasn't got it's final coating but it, the painted goalposts and the steel pole lights help out alot....I love not having to look at unpainted block on the side of a stadium.....I noticed we have newer speakers, maybe that will eliminate some of the static.....

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I'm going to try and get through Nashville traffic before I stop to eat on the way up this afternoon. I figured I'd stop off in Dickson that way I would be west of Nashville before 5:00 pm. Any good restaurants in Dickson? O'Charleys, Chili's, Ruby Tuesdays, OutBack??? Something along that line?

There is an O'Charleys on the way from Chapel Hill to McEwen at the Dickson exit on 40. Not sure if you will be coming that far down the interstate. We travel on 7 to Dickson from here. Good luck tonight Cascade.

There is an O'Charleys on the way from Chapel Hill to McEwen at the Dickson exit on 40. Not sure if you will be coming that far down the interstate. We travel on 7 to Dickson from here. Good luck tonight Cascade.

Thanks alot, I went on and googled that up and it is located to the left after I get off at exit 172 so we'll probably eat there. Thanks and good luck to you guys tonight! I'm hoping Nan can keep me updated on your game.

Thanks alot, I went on and googled that up and it is located to the left after I get off at exit 172 so we'll probably eat there. Thanks and good luck to you guys tonight! I'm hoping Nan can keep me updated on your game.

Thanks alot, I went on and googled that up and it is located to the left after I get off at exit 172 so we'll probably eat there. Thanks and good luck to you guys tonight! I'm hoping Nan can keep me updated on your game.Thanks alot, I went on and googled that up and it is located to the left after I get off at exit 172 so we'll probably eat there. Thanks and good luck to you guys tonight! I'm hoping Nan can keep me updated on your game.

There's an O'Charleys off 172 on I-40 and on the other side of 172 exit there's a Ruby Tuesday, Cracker Barrel and there's a great Chinese place there too. On into Dickson there's an Applebee's, Shoneys and the usual burger joints.

PS- I wouldn't go through Nashville. Take Hwy 96 through Franklin and get on the interstate, go ten miles then to 172. That's the quickest way. Believe me, I used to live in Unionville.

I'm going to try and get through Nashville traffic before I stop to eat on the way up this afternoon. I figured I'd stop off in Dickson that way I would be west of Nashville before 5:00 pm. Any good restaurants in Dickson? O'Charleys, Chili's, Ruby Tuesdays, OutBack??? Something along that line?

O'Charley's, Ruby Tuesdays, Cracker Barrel are all at the Hwy 46 exit (Dickson-Centerville Exit off I-40), as well as the usual complement of fast-food. Applebee's is a little further in towards town on Hwy 46. Shoney's is located right before Hwy 46 dead-ends into 70. More fast-food along that strip. No Outback yet. Also a couple of good Tex-Mex places in town (on par with El Mexico) and, of course, there is a Whitt's along the way. Should be no problem finding someplace to eat. Be aware, last time I went home (Dickson), there were traffic delays on I-40 at Kingston Springs due to bridge construction. May be done by now.

O'Charley's, Ruby Tuesdays, Cracker Barrel are all at the Hwy 46 exit (Dickson-Centerville Exit off I-40), as well as the usual complement of fast-food. Applebee's is a little further in towards town on Hwy 46. Shoney's is located right before Hwy 46 dead-ends into 70. More fast-food along that strip. No Outback yet. Also a couple of good Tex-Mex places in town (on par with El Mexico) and, of course, there is a Whitt's along the way. Should be no problem finding someplace to eat. Be aware, last time I went home (Dickson), there were traffic delays on I-40 at Kingston Springs due to bridge construction. May be done by now.

Thanks for the info and warning......

Hey brent, i live off of medical center pkwy in the boro. I dont gett off of work till 4:30. What time do you think would be the best time to leave if kick off is at 7:30 with traffic and all considered?