South Pittsburg @ CopperBasin

Geno

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I meant about the house rules was that the coaches can agree to do away with the mercy rule if both coaches agree, right? If Vic is winning at the half then he puts in his JV and lets the teams play as long as they are not doing more than swapping touchdowns. It seems to me, rather than shortening a game, it would be better for both teams involved for the dominating team to sub in JV players to give them work, allow the losing team to feel better about themselves, etc. Vic can keep the mercy rule off the table if he is careful and allow some younger players to see some good playing time.

I don't think the rules allow the coaches to do that. They could agree to let the clock run in the first half if they wanted too. I don't think the zebras would let them get around the mercy rule. They would just say schedule a JV game. They get paid the same either way so they are ready to go home as early as possible.

The JV will get playing time. They are getting some extra reps this week. We were supposed to have a JV game Monday but Jasper cancelled

This is the type game where legends are made. If this "bubba" truly wants to become a legend then this young ladd should try and leave a lasting mark on the young ladds from the opposing team.

If he shows up to play then i do believe he will probably leave a good mark he just needs to keep his head on like he did against MC he is #40