McCallie vs. BA

BLUEMOM

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sincerely impressed with McCallie's win over Franklin. Not as much that they beat them, but the decisiveness of the victory. So, I will not muster the guts to predict a BA win. However, I will predict that McCallie will not win on the ground, if they win. Opponents have rushed the ball 34 times this year against BA for -41 yards. McCallie should do better than our other opponents, but I predict several big completions will be necessary to sustain drives. We have been suspect on pass coverage. The pass rush is very good, but the coverage is a little soft.

BA drew closer to solving the passing problem last week. Nelson, who is a sophomore, was 8 for 11 for 85 yards, 2 TD, 0 int. All of this happened without our opponent worrying about Chris Jordan. The improvement was encouraging.

Our big "Ace in the hole" should be McCallie's confusion at our offensive scheme

Good assesment. It was really interesting to see the BA team grow up over the course of the Ravenwood game.

..and your last line was pretty dang funny!

Wow, I haven't seen McCallie this year to dispute your speed assessment. However, I will be surprised and disappointed if you are correct. It is the McCallie tenacity and execution that usually gives us fits. If we have to deal with a speed superiority, it could be big trouble for us.

Believe me, I am by no means saying McCallie will have the speed to run circles around BA all night. I said I think they have more overall team speed. What McCallie usually lacks in size they make up for in quickness. BA will have a pretty big size advantage of both sides of the line of scrimmage. McCallie will have to play a near flawless game to come out on top, imho. If not, it will probably be a long night for the boys in blue.

Believe me, I am by no means saying McCallie will have the speed to run circles around BA all night. I said I think they have more overall team speed. What McCallie usually lacks in size they make up for in quickness. BA will have a pretty big size advantage of both sides of the line of scrimmage. McCallie will have to play a near flawless game to come out on top, imho. If not, it will probably be a long night for the boys in blue.

Well, I was trying to make myself feel better by thinking of the numerous track state titles, most importantly, last year. However, I was just taking a mental inventory. Other than Chris Jordan, of course, the QB and three top wide receivers are baseball players .

I agree with you. McCallie for obvious reasons wants to beat Brentwood badly. But given a choice McCallie would much rather beat Baylor just as Baylor wants to beat McCallie. That is the rivalry in Chattanooga. In this game though even with all the emotions involved I see Brentwood winning in a not so close match. BA by 14.

I think McCallie would prefer to beat Baylor for a 10th or 11th year as opposed to beating BA. Ask any inside the McCallie walls when asked about potter and they might just say, "who"? He is not missed much around the big blue walls. Although opinions may differ.

21-6, BA wins.

McCallie was up 6-0 at half time. McCallie came out on their first possesion moving the ball really well. They threw a deep pass and the ball was tipped by a BA corner right into the hands of a McCallie WR and that was their only score of the night (they also missed a FG in the 1st half). BA was dominant in the 2nd half, especially defensively. Chris Jordan had all 3 TD's. McCallie did a good job containing BA's running game (even stopping them cold on the goalline once) and proved to be a very tough team. They have a quick athletic QB, but he does not look to be a very good passer, having made some terrible throws including a couple of INT's. BA's defense is just an absolute nightmare. Their offense isn't overwhelming, but it's good enough. They pound you hard with that big OL & plenty of Chris Jordan and their QB makes enough plays in the air to keep the defense honest.

Next week BA @ Smyrna. This will be the best match up in the state of TN this year.

Why the best game?

Smyrna lost tonight!

Wow, I can't believe Smyrna lost tonight! I just thought that with the defending 5A & Div II-AA State Champs (both ranked #1 in their polls heading into this weekend) it would be arguably the best game in the state this year. I certainly did not expect Smyrna to lose tonight. It will still be a great game, but I would have loved to see an undefeated Smyrna team heading into that game.

21-6, BA wins.

McCallie was up 6-0 at half time. McCallie came out on their first possesion moving the ball really well. They threw a deep pass and the ball was tipped by a BA corner right into the hands of a McCallie WR and that was their only score of the night (they also missed a FG in the 1st half). BA was dominant in the 2nd half, especially defensively. Chris Jordan had all 3 TD's. McCallie did a good job containing BA's running game (even stopping them cold on the goalline once) and proved to be a very tough team. They have a quick athletic QB, but he does not look to be a very good passer, having made some terrible throws including a couple of INT's. BA's defense is just an absolute nightmare. Their offense isn't overwhelming, but it's good enough. They pound you hard with that big OL & plenty of Chris Jordan and their QB makes enough plays in the air to keep the defense honest.

Next week BA @ Smyrna. This will be the best match up in the state of TN this year.

That is a pretty darned on the money description and assessment, regarding McCallie / BA.