Is Grace Christian for real?

Lord Vader

Its not all about facilities. CAK has terrible football facilities. They practiced on the game field up until this year and practice on it again because it was such a bad field players were getting hurt. CAK has no film room, and their weight room is about the size of a janitors closet. CAKs locker rooms were not built for football and all have the half locker type lockers where they cant even fit their helmets and shoulder pads. CAK does however have a nice stadium I will say, but you cant blame an unsuccessful team on bad facilities because CAK certainly looks like they will be a power this year and they dont know good ones at all. I think the glaring issue at Grace is stability. Grace needs to get a coach and keep him there. New coaches with new systems every year make it nearly impossible for a team to settle down and play. The biggest issue for them is the fact that they have had 3 or 4 coaches in the 5 or 6 years they've been around.

CAK has been a power in 1-A since the 03 season and probably will be from now on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace Christian, as always, was a very gracious host. First class treatment in the pressbox and on the field.

In the early part of the second quarter, it appeared the Rams might run away with it, but the Unaka front and linebackers made some critical stops.

The second half was a tough fight, but again the Unaka Defense was tremendous. Conditioning seemed to be the biggest difference in the latter part of the game.

The Rangers will have to bring more diversity to their offense, but even there, the hustle and fight were very inspiring. It was the third consecutive game in which the Defense had to hold the line to preserve victory. Jacob Estep was steady as usual. Jeremy Sommers, Josh Peters, Hunter Taylor, Nathan Shoun, Brent Perry all had sacks; I think there were more. About the best Defensive effort I've seen the Rangers play in recent years. Again, Grace Christian has a Very Athletic team!

Freshman, Devyn Aldridge was sensational at Defensive End. He made three consecutive plays during the final Grace Christian drive to help seal the deal. Hunter Taylor punted very well. Great tackling by Unaka, especially in the second half, against a Dangerous team.

i agree what where and how do you get more diversity.fill us in great krich.

i agree what where and how do you get more diversity.fill us in great krich.

Well, you and I both know I'm anything but Great. Also, I'm not pre-supposing I have the answers, nor do I desire to be on record as criticizing the Ranger Braintrust. They actually ran a lot more plays last week than in week one or two, and they're doing a commendable job, but this is not the most athletic team around. Medina and Carpenter were huge losses, athletically speaking, on both sides of the ball. That, plus this is Hunter Taylor's first season at quarterback. So, I'm certainly NOT suggesting Unaka convert to a West Coast Offense, or anything similar. But the Rangers know, and you and I know, they'll need more of a threatening approach, and I think we started to see it last week.

Like I stated, the hustle and fight are in place, but the defenses are loading up on the line of scrimmage, especially in the middle. Now, having said that, it was for Exactly That reason, that Unaka was able to get Jeff Peters in isolation for the winning score: The Rams crowded the line, and actually blitzed on the play, only to have Jeff one-on-one with a defensive back. He tore through the tackle and headed to the endzone with the winner.

And, ALL teams, by now, are attempting to add more offense, more plays (diversity), and I think we'll see Hunter become much more of a threat with his strong arm as the season progresses.

how bout the green kid from grace . he is looking pretty good also a leader on and off the field

Green is looking to be a leader on and off the field. he leads in tackles and has alot of heart. he's given several bone crushing tackles and has really stepped up this year. i expect alot of him this season. he's already set the precedent. we'll just see if he keeps it up. good luck green.

u kno wat?? grace stinks! if u add all of grace's scores for the past seasons they have not even added to 63 pts. northe greene suxs they like start fith grader or somethin. good win for the rams but it stops there

what school are you from? and what gives you the right to say that grace stinks? grace has had a football program for only 5 years. alot of schools dont even have a .500 season after 10 years. lighten up man. give grace a chance. dont hate on them just because they beat North Greene. that was a decent game and grace did alot of things right. their QB wasnt even touched that night except on his QB sneak. so dont hate man.

what school are you from? and what gives you the right to say that grace stinks? grace has had a football program for only 5 years. alot of schools dont even have a .500 season after 10 years. lighten up man. give grace a chance. dont hate on them just because they beat North Greene. that was a decent game and grace did alot of things right. their QB wasnt even touched that night except on his QB sneak. so dont hate man.

Great post sunshine1076, couldn't have said it better myself.