Beech vs. Kenwood

SWAT07

Kenwood is not the same team they have been in the past. They are actually a team this time around. The past seasons have had entirely too many me players that only worried about where they may or may not get a scholarship offer too. This bunch of young men are special. They are Coach Bauer’s first 4 year Seniors at Kenwood. Kenwood will not overlook anyone this year. They are well conditioned and do not look to have the same late third and fourth quarter I quit mentality. Beech is a well coached and is tough at home. I do believe Kenwood wins this one.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL OF THIS IS TRUE ABOUT THE GUYS AT KENWOOD!! THEY DO HAVE ALOT OF TALENT BUT THEY ALSO SEEM TO CHOKE A LOT DURING THE SEASON. LAST YR THEY STARTED 5 AND 1 I THINK AND BLEW THE REST OF THE SEASON. I HEARD THAT THEY LOOK BIG BUT THEY ARE SOFT AT TIMES. THE DEFENSE DID A GOOD JOB FRIDAY AND OFFENSE MOVED THE BALL A LITTLE. THEY ARE WORKING ON THE 3RD OR 4TH OC IN 4 YEARS. IT ALWAYS TAKES 2 OR 3 YRS TO GET THE SYSTEM WORKING. I'LL PICK BEECH TO PULL IT OFF AFTER HALFTIME.

BEECH 14

KENWOOD 7

ARE YOU fricken nuts???

This could be a very good game. Beech is always a tough region opponent for anyone they face. However, I went to the Kenwood game last week and let me say this: THEY LOOK GOOD!!! Better than I saw them look at all last year. And this was just the first game. I'm sure the boys from Beech will bring it but if Kenwood has had a decent week of practice, this one could be over before the start of the 4th quarter. Good luck to both schools and hopefully I'll be there to watch.

Sloppy game for both teams. I am happy the Knights got the win. Purpledemon24 was almost proved right. The Knights almost self imploded in the second quarter and looked as if they would fall apart from exhaustion late in the game. The only reason the Knights won is the players willed themselves to the win. The coaching staff did a terrible job of rotating their players to keep the team fresh. The coaches need to go back and look at what was succcessful in game 1 against Henderson County, KY and compare with all the things they did different against Beech. It was very evident that the running game was not going to hit the middle because the backs were either to timid or the play calling was failing to exploit the middle of the line. When the coaches look at the tape they should be able to see the holes that were big enought to drive a semi through, yet the backs failed to cut into the hole. Team speed is a great tool and the Knights use it well. But other teams along the way will also have great team speed and shut the outside running game down just as Beech did. Knights, go back to the drawing board on the run game and use the middle of the field. Once you stink a defense into the middle your team speed will then be able to burn the corners.

neither team can pass at all

when your down 9 pts and line up in a smoke stack power I formation with less than 3 minutes to go in a game something is wrong...

i don't think they (beech) have a 2 minute offense installed at all and when they pass it appears as if the quarterback has his mind made up before he even throws?? kenwood creeped up all night on defense

while they both played hard... neither of these teams are playoff teams... if they are then this region is weak... i would doubt seriously whether or not they would could even win a first round playoff game if they do get in...

kenwood is typical of a clarksville area team... they have a lot to overcome without middle school football and the way people move in and out of the area... beech hasn't been well coached since he left for georgia! IMHO

when your down 9 pts and line up in a smoke stack power I formation with less than 3 minutes to go in a game something is wrong...

i don't think they (beech) have a 2 minute offense installed at all and when they pass it appears as if the quarterback has his mind made up before he even throws?? kenwood creeped up all night on defense

while they both played hard... neither of these teams are playoff teams... if they are then this region is weak... i would doubt seriously whether or not they would could even win a first round playoff game if they do get in...

kenwood is typical of a clarksville area team... they have a lot to overcome without middle school football and the way people move in and out of the area... beech hasn't been well coached since he left for georgia! IMHO

Comeback to the board in November and see where Region 6 stands then. If I remember right, as much as it pains me too say it, one of those Clarksville area teams, Clarksville High to be exact, made it to the quarter finals last year knocking off Maplewood and Springfield before losing to Hillsboro. Does not sound like a first round playoff loss to me. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, another region 6 team knocked off Stratford in the first Round and lost in the second to another region 6 team. Maybe Clarksville does have some issues with it's transient poulation and lack of Middle School Ball. At least we don't rely on open enrollment to ensure we are fielding good football teams.

Comeback to the board in November and see where Region 6 stands then. If I remember right, as much as it pains me too say it, one of those Clarksville area teams, Clarksville High to be exact, made it to the quarter finals last year knocking off Maplewood and Springfield before losing to Hillsboro. Does not sound like a first round playoff loss to me. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, another region 6 team knocked off Stratford in the first Round and lost in the second to another region 6 team. Maybe Clarksville does have some issues with it's transient poulation and lack of Middle School Ball. At least we don't rely on open enrollment to ensure we are fielding good football teams.

what was the score of the Hillsboro game??? because you make it to the quarterfinals does not mean you are a good football team, it can, but not necessarliy, you may be in a weak area? we will see, my only point is that neither kenwood or beech are very good... beating a metro team like stratford does nothing to prove you are a good football team... it is a long known fact that metro football isn't very good... there are always exceptions.... but as a whole it's true... metro coaches don't put in the time that midstate coaches do.... and neither do their players

who relies on open enrollment to field good football teams?? Murfreesboro area is only one I know of

The only two teams in the region that have a prayer at beating one of these two teams is going to either be Mt. Juliet or Clarksville. NEVERMIND, make that three teams because I'll give Rossview the benefit of the doubt and say that they could sneak up and beat somebody and get into the playoffs. THAT IS IT!!!!

Portland is a year away as I said and that certainly isn't going to change now that they are 0-1 in the region. The team that beat Portland is the worst team in the entire region in Northwest. The Vikings will beat Glencliff this next week to get to 2-2 (1-0 in the region). BAD NEWS IS THAT REALITY WILL SET BACK IN NEXT WEEK WHEN THEY LOSE TO KENWOOD BY 4TDS!!! Springfield is the worst 4A team in the state right now and will not win a game this year. They have too many off the field issues taking place and on the field they are inexperienced and going through changing to an entirely new staff for the most part this past off-season.

REGION 6-4A PICKS

Kenwood (#1)

Mt. Juliet (#2)

Clarksville (#3)

Beech (#4)

Rossview (#5)

Northwest (#6)

Portland (#7)

Springfield (#8)

The Knights are not going to have to throw it as long as they are hammering the football down teams throats on the ground. MJ is a top caliber team right now that should have a great year. Clarksville is the king of the region when you look at their total body of work over the last couple of years. Beech is a well coached team that will always be able to compete with teams in the region with their ability to run the football.