Baylor vs MBA

bigred4life

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had read it but just read it again and still don't get it. Just read a few fans that said good things that their players did in the first game. From reading on other schools threads this is nothing. No real boasting and no dissing on other teams. Whatever.

If, you have been reading this thread than you would understand my comments!

Where are you coming from. The guy that wrote about Tyler Massey was answering someone else's question about his college plans. Everything was quoted from the Chattanooga paper for information. You must just have a problem with Baylor. Nothing any different from any other thread about making game predictions. Go Lions!

If, you have been reading this thread than you would understand my comments!

Where are you coming from. The guy that wrote about Tyler Massey was answering someone else's question about his college plans. Everything was quoted from the Chattanooga paper for information. You must just have a problem with Baylor. Nothing any different from any other thread about making game predictions. Go Lions!

That is the point, everyone in the Chattanooga Area and the writers on this thread are advid Baylor supporters. I have nothing personal against Baylor but if you were at the Jamboree Red Band dismantle Baylor and the local media insist on lifting up Baylor and not teams like LFO, Ringgold, Ridgeland all from Georgia, but reside in the Chattanooga Area. So as I stated earlier, if Baylor is not as good as everyone thinks they are it will be a long ride home! It is just that simple. MBA by 12

That is the point, everyone in the Chattanooga Area and the writers on this thread are advid Baylor supporters. I have nothing personal against Baylor but if you were at the Jamboree Red Band dismantle Baylor and the local media insist on lifting up Baylor and not teams like LFO, Ringgold, Ridgeland all from Georgia, but reside in the Chattanooga Area. So as I stated earlier, if Baylor is not as good as everyone thinks they are it will be a long ride home! It is just that simple. MBA by 12

man i know you're right, i was at the jamboree watching, and i saw a very average baylor team, granted they didn't try a whole lot on offense, but the only play they scored on, Red Bank had 10 men on the field, and they player who was missing was the SS, Red Bank torched them running up the middle repeatedly, and it didn't matter that Baylor put men in the holes, they couldn't tackle RB's RB....they also threw the ball to Tim Benford consistantly without trouble...now onto MBA...i don't have a clue about them so i'll go with what usually's true...they'll probably be able to run the ball...which was a problem in their scrimage, and i doubt they got much of a test in their first game...MBA probably won't throw the ball too much, so baylor can relax there...i think it'll be a very close game...this could be Baylor's wake up call for the season, or it could be the start of a very long road trip (they go on the road the next 4 games)...who knows what'll happen....should be a good one...but my prediction is MBA 10 Baylor 7

This should be a good one--good D2 matchup; second only this week to the BA-McCallie matchup with its Potter story line.

To those of you referencing the Baylor-RB game; while it was only a jamboree game, RB is clearly better. But then I think RB is clearly better than MBA. I am not sure the Baylor-RB game tells us much about the Baylor MBA game.

I look for a low scoring affair through the first 2.5 quarters then I think Baylor adds some creativity to its offensive balance. It will be MBA's bigger O-line against Baylor's smaller D-line. I think Baylor wins it late 27-21 because Baylor has one thing that MBA does not have--Tyler Massey. At this level, with good coaching and good schemes at both schools, playmakers at QB often make the difference.

Wow McCallie guru I looked at the McCallie vs BA thread and saw nothing from you on there. Interesting that you put your thought into Baylor and not McCallie. Anyway I don't put alot of belief into jamborees. Only one quarter and sometimes it takes more than that for a team to get in the groove. They don't even kickoff, etc so you don't even get a perpective for the full game but whatever. Baylor was a very sound team last year and it sounds like they are better this year...or time will tell. We had a very disappointing season last year but have alot of high hopes for this year. I am still sticking with my heart on this one. MBA 28 Baylor 25.

man i know you're right, i was at the jamboree watching, and i saw a very average baylor team, granted they didn't try a whole lot on offense, but the only play they scored on, Red Bank had 10 men on the field, and they player who was missing was the SS, Red Bank torched them running up the middle repeatedly, and it didn't matter that Baylor put men in the holes, they couldn't tackle RB's RB....they also threw the ball to Tim Benford consistantly without trouble...now onto MBA...i don't have a clue about them so i'll go with what usually's true...they'll probably be able to run the ball...which was a problem in their scrimage, and i doubt they got much of a test in their first game...MBA probably won't throw the ball too much, so baylor can relax there...i think it'll be a very close game...this could be Baylor's wake up call for the season, or it could be the start of a very long road trip (they go on the road the next 4 games)...who knows what'll happen....should be a good one...but my prediction is MBA 10 Baylor 7

how's baylor's line looking?

Baylor's offensive line looked really good in their first game driving St. Anne's- Belfield off the line of scrimmage. All five starters on the line for Baylor are juniors two of which started last year in Joe Scott (OC) and Tyler Watson (RG) so expect good things coming from the offensive line in the next couple of years barring any injuries. Defensively the line is undersized but very fast especially the nose guard who was disrupting the backfield for STAB all night last week. My prediction is Baylor- 35 MBA- 14

Good luck Baylor