Knox Area Rankings

easttnref

You must not have been at the same Beech-Oak Ridge game that I went to. Oak Ridge put a lot of pressure on Beech for most of the game. It was a lot closer game than the 2-0 score implies.

"Totally dominated" is not a fair description of the game at all.

Be that as it may, in my experience, Beech has never been a strong team. Perhaps their team is much stronger this year - only time will tell. I do not expect to see Beech come out of their district. This is not a "good" loss for Oak Ridge, no matter how close they played them.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering since you had an earlier thread on good up and coming new players if you happened to notice the younger ORHS players battling the seasoned Collierville team pretty evenly. They were outstanding and are surely exciting to watch. Look for good things to come from this group.

Yes, I did see them. I don't know many of their names so I didn't list them. you are more then welcome to post them since you most likely know them. I did know the keeper, who was not a starter last year, Jennifer Lee and Catheriine Grabenstein and those two got alot of playing time last year so I would not consider them newcomers. You say seasoned Colleriville team...are they an upper classman filled team or young? No one has answered that for me so any information will be helpful.

money now come on

maybe he needs the girls to play different positions because the team is lacking in certain areas it will help the girls become total players or better all around just give the guy a chance it is early in the season and you are throwing him under the bus because some girls aren't playing the same position they play in club

If you had heard some of the comments made by the coach, including early in the summer, i.e. " ______ is a bank player, that is why I won't cut her or any players"

Maybe you could define that better for me? For the record my daughter plays competitive, so it has nothing to do with money for me, it has to do with having the right team chemistry, team strategy, team training to provide an opportunity to win. Also, when a coach tells the girls beofre a game, " Let's see how many parents we can make mad in this game"

Will leave that up for your interpretation.

If you had heard some of the comments made by the coach, including early in the summer, i.e. " ______ is a bank player, that is why I won't cut her or any players"

Maybe you could define that better for me? For the record my daughter plays competitive, so it has nothing to do with money for me, it has to do with having the right team chemistry, team strategy, team training to provide an opportunity to win. Also, when a coach tells the girls beofre a game, " Let's see how many parents we can make mad in this game"

Will leave that up for your interpretation.

sounds like something to go to the administration at the school with if it is true

sounds like something to go to the administration at the school with if it is true

If this is true, I would follow wbcsoccer's advice and take it to the administration. This is not the place for those accusations, which could be quite serious.

Please refrain from doing so in the future.

I was there. Saw 6 games (including one each of Houston and Collierville). What's your point?

"Collierville did beat a tired Farragut team"...Traveling 6 hours to play a full weekend of soccer, sleeping in a hotel with 3 strangers, eating your food out of a box and playing every twelve hours is something teams are accustomed to doing, weekend after weekend, year after year.

This is the 3rd or 4rth post defending Farragut's losses on the fact that they were tired. They suited 37 players. Most teams suit a little more than half that. It was probably the West Tennessee teams that should be tired but no one has "copped out here on the west" with these type of posts. We won, we lost, or we tied. No comments on the refs, the field, etc.

It was a good tournament. Congratulations to Houston on their accomplishment. The weather was great (minus the brief lightning delay) and it was a good time for all. Move forward.

"Collierville did beat a tired Farragut team"...Traveling 6 hours to play a full weekend of soccer, sleeping in a hotel with 3 strangers, eating your food out of a box and playing every twelve hours is something teams are accustomed to doing, weekend after weekend, year after year.

This is the 3rd or 4rth post defending Farragut's losses on the fact that they were tired. They suited 37 players. Most teams suit a little more than half that. It was probably the West Tennessee teams that should be tired but no one has "copped out here on the west" with these type of posts. We won, we lost, or we tied. No comments on the refs, the field, etc.

It was a good tournament. Congratulations to Houston on their accomplishment. The weather was great (minus the brief lightning delay) and it was a good time for all. Move forward.

Cheers to you Canes for pointing out what some forget to take into account when a team travels from across the state to participate in this tournament and others. It's been a good tournament with pretty good competition. Perhaps the term "strangers" is a bit strong for teammate, but I understand your point. It's typically not their sister they're sharing a room with.

You must not have been at the same Beech-Oak Ridge game that I went to. Oak Ridge put a lot of pressure on Beech for most of the game. It was a lot closer game than the 2-0 score implies.

"Totally dominated" is not a fair description of the game at all.

I was at the Beech/Oakridge game and thought Beech had excellent ball movement and had a purpose with all there passing. Oakridge seemed not to know what to do with the ball. As for tired legs, Beech also played 4 games. Beech was also missing 4 of there starters because of injuries and had 5 starting freshman. No one is giving this team much credit. People may be will be surprised by this team will play this year. It doesn't matter how you do against one team, but how consistent you are. Time will tell if this team is for real and if Oakridge is..