Page at David Lipscomb

vandy1

Rezoning this and rezoning that..blah..blah...blah... I have an extremely simple yet immensely complex formula which could be used in determining all future athletic champions in tennessee high school/youth/college sports. we would start by combining all age levels into one classification from pre first through college. we next combine all sports. bonus points will be given for younger age groups and contact sports will be deducted points when hitting people from non-contact sports. so for example when the 7 yr old dixie puffs bowling team plays the UT vols football team their will be points taken away if the vols commit a late hit against the puffs after they release the ball. Of course based on last weeks performance against cal there is no danger of anyone from UT actually hitting anyone. All scores are the recalculated based on socioeconomic status with bonus points going to anyone living in Williamson county. Of course the most important part of the formula hinges on bulldog69's opinion of who he thinks should be champs. This is all put into the computer and then discarded. CoachTposters then vote on who is the most disadvantaged by their circumstances and award a baseball/football/basketball/golf/frisbee/lawn darts/bocce/volleyball/crosscountry/synchronized ice dancing trophy to the winner

What would happen to your private world.

Let's see....mustangfunk never has rebutted the "unfairness" of ALL privates playing each other....or better yet...just play MBA or BA ....just once in a while...why can't you just discuss that?? ....get to the point and no abusing the English language by over using too many subordinate and insubordinate clauses with dangling prepositional phrases. You use these attempts at grandiose verbage by overkill which really masks your inferiority complex.....I use these series of dots so you can peruse the content.

I grade your post above as C-........content lousy....grammar pitiful...and effort mediocre. Please ask for some money back from DL...you got short-changed.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings from the East, Vandy1, 5-3A fans, and you too Big Country.

Applogies in advance for the intrusion. I wast just keeping up w/the goings on outside of our neck of the woods, and read through this thread. Open Zone is just a peice of the success puzzle.

Knox Co. schools did away with Middle School ball 15 or so yrs. ago. Communities/parents ran with it. Over time coaching, players, programs got better. Talent was identified, families made decisions, etc. Kids that grew up playing for the Baby Roadrunners wound up becoming Falcons, and visa verse. Over time that talent chased bigger stages. Examples are Aaron Douglas/Brent Burnette @ Mville, Sommer @ Alcoa, Tait brothers @ Catholic are all products of the Knox Rec programs

Best recruiter in the Knox Co. was Buck Coatney @ Fulton about 8-10 yrs ago. Fulton now sells it's self. Along the way, Stanton Stevens became a good one too, and subsequently Austin East's program sold on it's own. Same scenario w/ Knox Central, Alcoa, Maryville, etc. Now, kids that live outside the zone pay, $1800, and $400 at Mville, and Alcoa respectively.

The real key is not the argument about who pays, subsidizes. The key, IMO, is the privatization of youth ball. The coaches, parents (of course for the most part), have created an environment where the fundamentlas are nailed down earlier, and players know the systems. Burnette to Douglas on a seam route was tossed a zilllion times....before high school.

Good luck to both Page and DL.

ruse?

I have an idea that would really be fair for everyone. I'm sure no one will disagree with this because the idea is absolutely brilliant!!! First, we don't keep score of any of the games. Second we don't have playoffs. Third, the schools with the highest average per capita income of the parents sends the TSSAA a check each year. Last we rotate the 5 state championship trophies amongst all schools, so eventually everyone gets one state championship trophy from each classification. Since this will eventually bore everyone to death, football will get disbanded as a sanctioned sport, and we can replace it with kickball. Now, talk about a sport that is fair to all......

Nope nope just wouldn't work. Privates would get their championship and then try to buy everyone else's

Privates would get their championship and then try to buy everyone else's

Great comeback line! While I don't agree with the argument, its a great line. Can I use it elsewhere?

This is my last comment for this thread. What a waste of space on Coach T this week. I hope tonight's game is a whole lot better than this thread this week. Someone else will have to start the Lipscomb-Stratford thread for next week's game.

You beat me to the punch on the East Tennessee Schools. The Publics do much better than the privates. Consider Fulton, Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Dobbyns Bennett, Science Hill..some of which is due to the potential of Open Zoning. Consider Shelbyville Girls Basketball....I do know people who chose to move to Shelbyville for their daughters to play basketball (I don't know if that still is the case today)

The school systems does impact those folks who are looking to buy a home. I've had people to choose Franklin High School over Centennial due to preceived better athletic programs. I've had people to choose Centennial over Page for Band purposes and yes I have had people to choose to live in South Nashville because they were going to send their kids to Lipscomb and some even to Father Ryan and FRA.

Re-classification will come up for the 2009 season. If the public and privates do not split, Look for David Lipscomb to move up to 4A based on today's enrollment. Lipscomb will join Hillsboro, Stratford, Maplewood, and Whites Creek in region 5.

Lipscomb plays stratford next week and next year.

Hillsboro & Maplewood are both teams that THIS YEAR (I can't look into the future right now) would give Lipscomb some matchup problems with their size and team speed. It would be very similar to Fulton in the title game last year. THAT IS WHY I ALWAYS SAY THAT I WISH THAT CHEATHAM COUNTY WAS IN REGION 4-3A & PEARL COHN WAS IN REGION 5-3A. A possible matchup between Pearl Cohn-Lipscomb would have made for a very good region rivalry over 4 YEARS!!!! It would have been much better than some of the games that those two teams play in where they are heavy favorites to cruise to easy victories (SUCH AS TONIGHT FOR EXAMPLE).

As for Whites Creek & Stratford I see Lipscomb having their way with both of those teams. Next week Lipscomb will destroy Stratford. The Spartans are undisciplined and just not very good this season. Under Johnson they ran on talent alone and you saw the success. It wasn't coaching and anyone who's seen Marshall Co. over the last two years would tell you the exact same thing. Smith has been put in a bad situation and things improved somewhat last season but still Stratford has a ways to go to be considered "an elite Metro School" on the gridiron anytime soon.

As for tonight's game: Lipscomb wins 35-7 behind a strong defense that will limit Lankford & Neel for the Pats. Offensively look for Lipscomb to run the trap, belly, buck sweep, draw, and toss sweep with their trio of backs (Holt, Moneypenny, & Davis) and look for all of them to hit paydirt at least once in this one. If Simpson hits him look for Rogers to maybe have a big play or two through the air tonight as well. ROLL ON MUSTANGS!!!!!

Here we go...Will Bulldog volley back? or Will Bomb Squad come swooping in. Or perhaps the stories of McAngus Burgers and leprechauns will make their way onto this thread....or will coachhard come in and shut it down. Bulldog can bring out the best in people.

Great comeback line! While I don't agree with the argument, its a great line. Can I use it elsewhere?

This is my last comment for this thread. What a waste of space on Coach T this week. I hope tonight's game is a whole lot better than this thread this week. Someone else will have to start the Lipscomb-Stratford thread for next week's game.

Golly geez...vandy1....you were the guy egging this on and now you think it is a waste of space. I was happy with one small remark like last year.....but it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway...Good luck to Page tonight....and here's to a hard fought game with no serious injuries to either team.