Freshman football

bipbopzot

The Rhea County Freshmen coaching staff is the best there is. Coach Nichols is a great coach he should take over the offense for the Rhea varsity. He could at least play with teams with a winning record.

Coach Nichols is a great coach. Ask any kid that has played for him and they will say he is one of the best ever. But he is retiring from coaching after this year according to Coach Nichols. I hated to hear that from him but hey now me and him can go golfing more often next year. And I hate to break it to you but the play book dosn't change much from freshmen to varsity.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok id like to say that Rodney Anderson from Ensworth High School is far and above the best freshmen athlete in the nashville area if not the state

Wow! Far and above? That's pretty strong words. Give us some insight on your thinking and how many freshmen teams you have seen play this year. No disrespect, just want to hear more.

Jefferson County Freshman are playing like a small college team! I know that I may be a former Patriot, so Im gonna be showing favoritism towards my old school, but I will say that if there is a freshman team out there that is better than the Patriots, I have got to see them play because they would have to be unbelievable!! JCHS has a few players that could very well be D1 prospects. Im looking forward to what these players will develope into over the next three years. If they live up to their potential, JCHS may be the next Maryville.

Jefferson County Freshman are playing like a small college team! I know that I may be a former Patriot, so Im gonna be showing favoritism towards my old school, but I will say that if there is a freshman team out there that is better than the Patriots, I have got to see them play because they would have to be unbelievable!! JCHS has a few players that could very well be D1 prospects. Im looking forward to what these players will develope into over the next three years. If they live up to their potential, JCHS may be the next Maryville.

Oh,my GOD!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I can't believe you made that statement !

It would be nice to be the Maryville of 5A football, but one great freshman clas does not a champion make !

Don't get me wrong stranger things have happened, but JCHS is in need of a QB for next year !

Rumor has it that some of the freshsmen may be pulled up to varsity soon, if not this week !

Lets just sit back and see what happens !

Rumor has it that some of the freshsmen may be pulled up to varsity soon, if not this week !

any word on what freshmen and how many? are they going to be playing significant minutes? i am very wary of pulling up freshmen, unless it is after their season is over and they are just standing on the sidelines to get a little friday night experience. i know they have a great class, but very rarely does bringing up a freshman play dividends. if they are playing mop-up minutes, i'm all for it, as long as they are still playing in their freshman or JV games and practicing with their classmates. if they are thrust in there "to make things happen," i don't like the decision. i can't remember a JC freshman making a significant impact in recent memory. its a lot to ask a 14-15 yr old kid to come in and give you a spark.

any word on what freshmen and how many? are they going to be playing significant minutes? i am very wary of pulling up freshmen, unless it is after their season is over and they are just standing on the sidelines to get a little friday night experience. i know they have a great class, but very rarely does bringing up a freshman play dividends. if they are playing mop-up minutes, i'm all for it, as long as they are still playing in their freshman or JV games and practicing with their classmates. if they are thrust in there "to make things happen," i don't like the decision. i can't remember a JC freshman making a significant impact in recent memory. its a lot to ask a 14-15 yr old kid to come in and give you a spark.

No word as of yet and it may never come.

Christian McFall got pulled up as freshman, as for significant minutes........not sure.

The last player to make am impact (significantor or otherwise)was Spencer Riley in 1991.