1A AP top ten

FCSprideatUT

Hampton has made the semi-finals in back to back years while only losing 3 games in the last two seasons and they are primed to return for a third straight year. They have a good team and good coaches. I like how physical they play football, the town that supports them and the kids commitment.

That being said, a team from region 1 or 2 has only made it to the blue-cross bowl twice i believe. I think Hampton is the best 1A team in East Tennessee. East Tennessee historically has not been great when playing teams from middle and west.

fair enough. I honestly hope we see you in week 4 and not because I think we are better than FCS or anything like that. I just know it will be a good game and would love to see a rematch...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair enough. I honestly hope we see you in week 4 and not because I think we are better than FCS or anything like that. I just know it will be a good game and would love to see a rematch...

I would love to have an excuse to head up to hampton and see yalls football field. Pujo said Hampton was running three and four wide in pre-season, it would certainly make the game interesting.

If Iwere ranking the teams right now, FCS would be at the top. Its a long season and things can change, but as for now #1.

Well thats where i would have them too, but of course rankings mean nothing. FCS wants to be there at the end of the year, the regular season rankings don't do much more than flatter a team. Jo Byrns can have it, didn't do them any good at the end of last season.

Well thats where i would have them too, but of course rankings mean nothing. FCS wants to be there at the end of the year, the regular season rankings don't do much more than flatter a team. Jo Byrns can have it, didn't do them any good at the end of last season.

Jo Byrns isn't interested in polls. We are interested in winning football games and that is what we're gonna do. All you people crying about the poll, good luck to you.

I've saw several different rankings and they all differ, its like you say, they mean nothing. Everyone has their own opinion. But when PUJO speaks ,people should listen.LOL LOL LOL

Jo Byrns isn't interested in polls. We are interested in winning football games and that is what we're gonna do. All you people crying about the poll, good luck to you.

My i guess i have struck a nerve... oh well. Good luck in an undefeated regular season, should be some real knock down drag out games you got there....

I think our folks know the only ranking that matters comes out after Dec. 7. I've refrained from posting on here 'till this comment, but it surprises me how many of ya'll are bickering over a week 1 poll. All of ya'll perennial powerhouses should know better and not worry about it so much. Truth be told and outside looking in, I wish the AP would stay out of it. It's not like The Tennessean or USAToday give the spread on the last page of the paper for HS games. Fan polls are cool...just shows support and spirit, kind of like 14 year old girls voting a hundred times for a boy band or rap song on TRL on MTV (which is how MTV went down the $h!tter along time ago!)...but it would be interesting to see a coaches poll towards the end of the season.

I think our folks know the only ranking that matters comes out after Dec. 7. I've refrained from posting on here 'till this comment, but it surprises me how many of ya'll are bickering over a week 1 poll. All of ya'll perennial powerhouses should know better and not worry about it so much. Truth be told and outside looking in, I wish the AP would stay out of it. It's not like The Tennessean or USAToday give the spread on the last page of the paper for HS games. Fan polls are cool...just shows support and spirit, kind of like 14 year old girls voting a hundred times for a boy band or rap song on TRL on MTV (which is how MTV went down the $h!tter along time ago!)...but it would be interesting to see a coaches poll towards the end of the season.

[/quote

The rankings have been around a long time even when I played ( JUST AFTER THE FACE MASKS WERE PLACED ON HELMETS ) probably less than 5% of the #1 ranked teams at the first of the year have won it all. Your right, it's for the fans but still part of the game.