Hickman County vs. Fairview

timxt

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hickman County looked great tonight beating Fairview 41-14 in front of a big crowd in Centerville. A lot of people had some doubts about these Bulldogs but they are looking strong so far. Congrats to Coach Swenson and his staff.

I predicted Hickman by 21 so, they paddeed it a little. I really think Fairview is in store for a down year from the past few years. We will see if they can pick it up or not. Good Luck to both teams.

Hickman County played extremely well tonight after allowing Fairview to run back the opening kickoff for a TD. The defense has only allowed 2 touchdowns in 2 games against Marshall Co. and Fairview, and they're playing a very physical brand of football. Fairview needs to thank Coach Swenson for showing some class and coasting from mid-third quarter on with his second string. The score could have been a lot worse. Great job Bulldogs! You deserve this season and so do the fans of Hickman County. Get ready Waverly. The Big Dawg is still hungry and the Bulldog Nation is headed your way next Friday! No excuses this year.

Hickman County played extremely well tonight after allowing Fairview to run back the opening kickoff for a TD. The defense has only allowed 2 touchdowns in 2 games against Marshall Co. and Fairview, and they're playing a very physical brand of football. Fairview needs to thank Coach Swenson for showing some class and coasting from mid-third quarter on with his second string. The score could have been a lot worse. Great job Bulldogs! You deserve this season and so do the fans of Hickman County. Get ready Waverly. The Big Dawg is still hungry and the Bulldog Nation is headed your way next Friday! No excuses this year.

You guys ought to name the score this week with all the guys we have down. We look like a MASH unit. Some played tonight but weren't near 100%. We haven't scored anything yet and if we don't get some guys back it may be a very long year. Be careful on your trip here.

I had feeling this type of result was going to occur this week. Fairview is really struggling to run this triple option offense. Feels like they are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. I would like to see them switch back to the Power I or go to the Shotgun Spread, which I think would open up the running game that has been lacking the first 3 games. Its not like a Fairview team not to run the football well. If Fairview spreads the field it would open up more running lanes by stretching the defense and if they crowd the box, the QB can play pitch and catch with the recievers.

They have a good QB with a terrific arm, but recievers have been inconsistent and the line has not fire off the ball or protected the QB like it is capable of doing. Fairview is not as big as it normally is which means everything has to be done correctly. Size shouldn't matter if you execute well. Let's just hope we put together some resemblance of a running game before the season is over.

I wasn't at the game tonight, but Hickman Co. is an up and coming 2A program. When they play Lewis Co. it is going to be some smashmouth football for the region title. Congrats to their first win over Fairview in a long time.

Fairview has to regroup or they won't be getting a win until game 7. The next 3 games are against Creekwood, DCA, and Lewis Co. The only one I forsee even being close right now is the Creekwood game. So the Yellow Jackets could end up having to win the last 4 games of the season to squeak into the playoffs.

heck yea

go dawgs

I had feeling this type of result was going to occur this week. Fairview is really struggling to run this triple option offense. Feels like they are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. I would like to see them switch back to the Power I or go to the Shotgun Spread, which I think would open up the running game that has been lacking the first 3 games. Its not like a Fairview team not to run the football well. If Fairview spreads the field it would open up more running lanes by stretching the defense and if they crowd the box, the QB can play pitch and catch with the recievers.

They have a good QB with a terrific arm, but recievers have been inconsistent and the line has not fire off the ball or protected the QB like it is capable of doing. Fairview is not as big as it normally is which means everything has to be done correctly. Size shouldn't matter if you execute well. Let's just hope we put together some resemblance of a running game before the season is over.

I wasn't at the game tonight, but Hickman Co. is an up and coming 2A program. When they play Lewis Co. it is going to be some smashmouth football for the region title. Congrats to their first win over Fairview in a long time.

Fairview has to regroup or they won't be getting a win until game 7. The next 3 games are against Creekwood, DCA, and Lewis Co. The only one I forsee even being close right now is the Creekwood game. So the Yellow Jackets could end up having to win the last 4 games of the season to squeak into the playoffs.

You mean put that QB back there where he can make even worse decisions. He's thrown 8 INTs in three games. The offense just needs to screw down and believe that they can run the veer! However, It doesn't work when your OL won't take a flat step and drive down. And what would happen if they started the SG spread. QB running for his life and throwing more balls up for grabs.

Fact is, Fview looked good on their first two drives then after a little adversity and their on-the-field leader going out concussed, they shut down. Give Hickman all the credit. They hit Fview in the mouth! and Fview didn't respond they earned that loss.

You are right that Fview is in for a long season if they don't find spark, but I don't think it requires changing the system. It requires a little heart in the face of adversity and everybody pulling the rope in the same direction (which includes parents and fans)

They'll right the ship, question is will it be sooner or later.

You guys ought to name the score this week with all the guys we have down. We look like a MASH unit. Some played tonight but weren't near 100%. We haven't scored anything yet and if we don't get some guys back it may be a very long year. Be careful on your trip here.

Give it up to Papatiger already setting the stage for a huge loss at the hands of the DAWGS....Man you are always full of excuses, I have never in my life seen a man who had so many excuses....you are already rolling over and not even going to put up a fight.....and you always play the we are hurt card....good night

I guess your next thing is "if Waverly was at full strength, they would be tough" give me a break....just take your lumps and move on with it.....be a man not a whining excuse making Papa!!!!!

Give it up to Papatiger already setting the stage for a huge loss at the hands of the DAWGS....Man you are always full of excuses, I have never in my life seen a man who had so many excuses....you are already rolling over and not even going to put up a fight.....and you always play the we are hurt card....good night

I guess your next thing is "if Waverly was at full strength, they would be tough" give me a break....just take your lumps and move on with it.....be a man not a whining excuse making Papa!!!!!

dawgsfan71, you can't even take a compliment without trying to start a ruckus. Whatever, you guys have the better team this year. Just hope no one else is injured this week. Have a safe trip.

But, if an upset occurs, I don't want to hear any excuses from YOU! It is Homecoming you know.

Face it........ The boys from Hickman county opened a can of Whup azz on Fairview,Compliments of coach Swenson and Co. Dont worry about it folksl.......Fairview will always make excuses...always ..If they cant cheat ,they will blame the downfall on anything they can think of .they do it everytime a team from Hickman county beats them, all I can say is they better start learning to like it............... it only getin worse. what is a Yellowjacket..... ? Ground dwelling pest that feeds on dead carcasses and trash.