Boyd Buchanan @ Grace Academy

reaction

Boyd should win this one by a bunch. They are coming together nicely and seem to be playing well after the loss of their starting QB in the first week. This should be one of Boyd's biggest wins of the year (points wise). But then looking at their schedule they only play one or two other teams that they have a good chance of beating handily. The rest of their games are against pretty stiff competition.

As for facilities, Grace's are pretty poor. They are below the standards of what most teams that have been around for a while are used to. However; they are a new program that is adding on a little as they go. They probably have to do it this way since just building a nice new facility would take a lot of money, money they probably don't have for such at the moment. But also, lets not forget that Boyd's visiting section was once pretty poor itself. Not as bad as Grace's maybe but until last year people hated coming to Boyd due to the seating. Boyd has improved their facilities and visitors section. I am sure in years to come Grace will as well.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who made the completely ignorant post about basketball? I know that Coach Brown and Coach Mattheis have always gotten along really well and if the schedule would allow it, BBS would play Grace.

District 5AA is a NINE team district meaning that EIGHT OF THE TEN HOME AND HOME DATES are already taken. Coach Brown and Coach Eller at Hixson are great friends so they play home and home each year and Gordon Lee has requested to continue the home and home series with Boyd, which Boyd agreed to. So, your implication that BBS is dodging Grace in basketball is absurd and spoken out of ignorance (lack of knowledge).

Another thing, why would BBS avoid Grace last year. Boyd won 18 games playing in AA and had their best season in a few years. Lost to Howard by 5 in the region tourney. Howard went on to state so we were all proud of Boyd.

Anyway, thought I would help clear that up and give some knowledge about scheduling. With the ten home and homes taken, that leaves two tournaments to play in, thus making Grace and Boyd difficult to schedule.

As for the football game, Boyd wins but maybe not as easily as most think. Grace is coming along nicely. As for the facilities, give them time. Grace is a class act and will eventually get there. Boyd's facilities were awful for years so we have no room to talk facilities.

I don't think anyone from BBS on here has criticized Grace for their facilities. We understand what it's like. They're doing what they can, and I'd bet Grace is planning for future growth. The conversation is about logistics for this game, and how the location will handle the BBS crowd. This is not a Silverdale, Temple or Copper Basin crowd coming. I agree with BUC4LIFE...Finley Stadium should be considered. Boyd has done that in the past...we played a home game vs. Baylor at Finley a few years ago because the BBS facilities were inadequate at the time.

There is not anything wrong with Grace's facilities. They are fine. The next thing you know coaches will be on here complaining that they do not have air conditioned boxes like they do at Baxter Stadium at South Pittsburg

Ahem....Baxter Stadium is at Jasper

And anyway Grace doesn't have coaches boxes period

Here's a picture at Beene Stadium showing the newly enclosed and air conditioned coaches boxes plus some new paint and trim. Eat your hearts out

I don't think anyone from BBS on here has criticized Grace for their facilities. We understand what it's like. They're doing what they can, and I'd bet Grace is planning for future growth. The conversation is about logistics for this game, and how the location will handle the BBS crowd. This is not a Silverdale, Temple or Copper Basin crowd coming. I agree with BUC4LIFE...Finley Stadium should be considered. Boyd has done that in the past...we played a home game vs. Baylor at Finley a few years ago because the BBS facilities were inadequate at the time.

The SP crowd managed to make it through last years game and many years at the Swamp. So just get tough and take your lawn chairs . Of course you guys made up for it by having great food at the concession stand

The weird thing now is, it looks like the visitor side bleachers holds more people than the homeside.

On Boyds satdium the visitors and home stands both hold 1100 each. We knew the schools we were now having to play by the TSSAA muliplier were twice our size and we needed to be able to accomodate that. I'm pretty sure we are the ONLY stadium around that the visitors side holds as many as the home side.

Reaction, I think if you look at the stands the visitors are taller, but the home side is wider. The visitor bleechers are way nicer than the home side and give a much better view of the field because thay are at a steeper angle. We didn't have room on the home side to build like the visitors side without teearing down the maintenance shop.

If you remember, we built the visitors bleechers a year earlier than we did everything else. That was the year after Walker Valleys band filled the place up.

Who made the completely ignorant post about basketball? I know that Coach Brown and Coach Mattheis have always gotten along really well and if the schedule would allow it, BBS would play Grace.

District 5AA is a NINE team district meaning that EIGHT OF THE TEN HOME AND HOME DATES are already taken. Coach Brown and Coach Eller at Hixson are great friends so they play home and home each year and Gordon Lee has requested to continue the home and home series with Boyd, which Boyd agreed to. So, your implication that BBS is dodging Grace in basketball is absurd and spoken out of ignorance (lack of knowledge).

Another thing, why would BBS avoid Grace last year. Boyd won 18 games playing in AA and had their best season in a few years. Lost to Howard by 5 in the region tourney. Howard went on to state so we were all proud of Boyd.

Anyway, thought I would help clear that up and give some knowledge about scheduling. With the ten home and homes taken, that leaves two tournaments to play in, thus making Grace and Boyd difficult to schedule.

As for the football game, Boyd wins but maybe not as easily as most think. Grace is coming along nicely. As for the facilities, give them time. Grace is a class act and will eventually get there. Boyd's facilities were awful for years so we have no room to talk facilities.

Good post preecherman. I don't think anyone is critisizing Grace for their current facilities. They will improve with time. I just don't understand why we don't move the game to Finley or Boyds field THIS year. Maybe by next year they can improve them more to accomodate a crowd like we will bring. I would like to see the game, just not from behind a chain link fence in a lawn chair.

I also agree that Grace will be tougher than most on here are giving them credit for. I watched Silverdale in the jamboree and was impressed with them. Grace didn't give up and fought back against them and won the game. We better not overlook them.