Who wins Lewis Co. VS Bye week?

bumpngo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

Will be a tough one to call but I will say LC late by 3.

From looking at the Panther's schedule, this could be the toughest week of the 2007 campaign! Come on Howenwald...........no wonder yall get bounced every year in the 2nd round! Next year......hire a consultant to help you schedule teams that.........(listen to this) .....will make you better!!! The goal is not to go 10-0 in the regular season then take up equipment 2 weeks before Thanksgiving! This year's non-region foes are: Mt. Pleasant, Wayne County, Waverly, and Ezell-Harding. An all-star team from these 4 schools would make the playoffs in 1-A! Go ahead.......tell me all about the rivalry between Wayne County and Lewis County!.....or for that matter even Mt. Pleasant! There is no reason you guys don't play Giles County, Tullahoma, McNairy Central, Milan, Jackson Southside, or even Columbia. Step out of 2A for a mid season test. Otherwise, hand those cleats in after week 11! GO PANTHERS!! The ADVISOR is everywhere!!!

From looking at the Panther's schedule, this could be the toughest week of the 2007 campaign! Come on Howenwald...........no wonder yall get bounced every year in the 2nd round! Next year......hire a consultant to help you schedule teams that.........(listen to this) .....will make you better!!! The goal is not to go 10-0 in the regular season then take up equipment 2 weeks before Thanksgiving! This year's non-region foes are: Mt. Pleasant, Wayne County, Waverly, and Ezell-Harding. An all-star team from these 4 schools would make the playoffs in 1-A! Go ahead.......tell me all about the rivalry between Wayne County and Lewis County!.....or for that matter even Mt. Pleasant! There is no reason you guys don't play Giles County, Tullahoma, McNairy Central, Milan, Jackson Southside, or even Columbia. Step out of 2A for a mid season test. Otherwise, hand those cleats in after week 11! GO PANTHERS!! The ADVISOR is everywhere!!!

So what you are saying is if LC was playing someone else, they could get past Goodpasture, something 5A schools can not do?

Advisor............agree with you. The players would, but the coach would rather pad his stats...lol ! After this year I think LCHS will start a slow decline for the next few years. Don't blame the players , they play who is scheduled.In defense for the coaches, it makes an impressive resume.

I've been hearing about this slow decline for about 15 years now, now I am beginning to wonder if I will live to see

So what you are saying is if LC was playing someone else, they could get past Goodpasture, something 5A schools can not do?I've been hearing about this slow decline for about 15 years now, now I am beginning to wonder if I will live to see

I think he's implying you team might be more competitive in the post-season if the played against better non-region opponents. It is a generally accepted theory in Tennessee High School Football. Would it help you beat Goodpasture? Probably not, but the score might not be 48-0.

The coach in lewis county knows all he want's to do his pad his stats. And for goodpasture i think there are some 5a teams that can beat them so don't go there chucky! Lewis county his not a power house like you think they are play somebody and go past the second round in the playoffs and then you can say your a powerhouse. PS get your heads out of the clouds your not a powerhouse football team never have been get past the 2round in the playoffs then you can brag.

bottomline , lewis will most likely go 10-0 and probably 2nd round, but you apparently haven't a clue of how solid this team really is, glad your not a supporter of our program because losers like yourself are negative and if this group of young men make it it will simply because they want it bad enough to find a way every game to be victorious, they just play the games they are able and as for people like you we could care less about, so for you and other unintelligent forms of life stand back and see us go... and if they never make it past the 2nd rd we still support and care about our program and our boys, so take a hike

So what you are saying is if LC was playing someone else, they could get past Goodpasture, something 5A schools can not do?I've been hearing about this slow decline for about 15 years now, now I am beginning to wonder if I will live to see

Lewis Co. might beat Goodpasture, if they work really hard and get better every week. It's not insurmountable. They have crushed everybody in preseason and regular so far.

Guest Advisor

Yep Ol' Chucky........that's precisely what the ADVISOR is saying!! That's why I am the ADVISOR!!!! Here's some breaking news...........although extremely good............Goodpasture is not Tennessee's best team. Remember, as good as they are........they are only 2A! Sooooo...................maybe Panthers might look at a good 3A or 4A team to play or maybe even a D-II team! When you say most 5A teams.........please allow for Ravenwood and McGavock....the 2 teams they have beaten this season.....are extremely average 5A squads. (refer to the Prep Performance Poll on the TSSAA website) Here's to ya Panthers!! The ADVISOR is a Howenwald Fan from a long distance away.......however.........just calling the spades............well..........spades!

Curiously..........why would your coach be interested in stats or padding the Ol' resume..........his been there for years....................what good's a resume? The ADVISOR remains confused!!!

Yep Ol' Chucky........that's precisely what the ADVISOR is saying!! That's why I am the ADVISOR!!!! Here's some breaking news...........although extremely good............Goodpasture is not Tennessee's best team. Remember, as good as they are........they are only 2A! Sooooo...................maybe Panthers might look at a good 3A or 4A team to play or maybe even a D-II team! When you say most 5A teams.........please allow for Ravenwood and McGavock....the 2 teams they have beaten this season.....are extremely average 5A squads. (refer to the Prep Performance Poll on the TSSAA website) Here's to ya Panthers!! The ADVISOR is a Howenwald Fan from a long distance away.......however.........just calling the spades............well..........spades!

Curiously..........why would your coach be interested in stats or padding the Ol' resume..........his been there for years....................what good's a resume? The ADVISOR remains confused!!!

He did try and schedule Columbia, could not even get a bite. Also refused to scrimmage us. Also tried Milan but their schedule was full. Lawrence County dropped us a few years back and are not interested in another series. Mt. Pleasant was a semi-finalist last year, I would think that is good competition. I would hope he will drop Wayne County after next year because there is nothing to gain in beating them each year and maybe their goons would stay off our threads.

Four out of region games...

Mt. Pleasant: If you don't think this was going to be a competitve matchup before it took place then you are being less than truthful.

Wayne County: Old rivalry.. hope it ends forever.

Waverly: Playoff team from last year, were expected to be very competitve this year. I guess Coach Sharp should have known they were going to lose 13 players to injury in the first two weeks?

Ezell Harding: Private school, great tradition, Class AA Playoffs.. So??

Padding his stats? Most ridiculous allegation I have ever heard. He takes it from a lot of us all the time for his absolute propensity to "call off the dogs." 35-0 Friday night against Richland with 10:00 left in second quarter and starters are out for the rest of the game. Will not run the score up, even if the other team might just need it.

Resume builidng? HA HA As someone has said.. this is plain goofy, Bobby was born here, he played here, he moved back here in 1988 and I am sure he will be here when he retires.

In the 2 years before he came, we were 4-16... Maybe a lot of you don't remember those years? Maybe success simply breeds contempt? For some schools and their followers, success breeds jealousy.. you can't beat us on the field and all you can do is sit here and play the doofus with your ignorant commentary. Go bother someone else!

I would rather be playing in the second round of the playoffs every year than getting ready for basketball season, have a happy day!