Who wins Lewis Co. VS Bye week?

bumpngo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is simply amazing how many twist and turns, that we see the opinion of all except our own. Our schedule is prepared by the coaches and staff, they asked camden( they declined ),as did waverly this i know for a fact, and for various reasons i am sure . but just to satisfy others to see us lose, i cannot blame Lewis county coaches for the schedule, 10-0 if that be the end result is better than 8-2 , look and you will see. keep your eyes closed and be blind. lewis county has not done anything wrong, except win and make the opp. upset...

It doesn't hurt my feelings at all. The proof is in the pudding. How many Gold Balls are in your trophy shelf?

I understand that it's tough to get some folks to play you. When Harpeth was winning that region in the late 90's, they had similar issues except they always had 2-3A schools in county that they played and 4A Hickman. They also couldn't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

It is simply amazing how many twist and turns, that we see the opinion of all except our own. Our schedule is prepared by the coaches and staff, they asked camden( they declined ),as did waverly this i know for a fact, and for various reasons i am sure . but just to satisfy others to see us lose, i cannot blame Lewis county coaches for the schedule, 10-0 if that be the end result is better than 8-2 , look and you will see. keep your eyes closed and be blind. lewis county has not done anything wrong, except win and make the opp. upset...

Camden already had their schedule filled with the likes of Trenton, Westview, Milan and Jackson Northside. Don't look like they took the easy way out.

LC should go 10-0 with this schedule this year. Easily. Heck, if you don't go 10-0 you could even consider it a failure with that schedule. Hickman County looks like the only competition you will see. And to me, it's still debatable as to whether that is even stiff... You guys don't exactly play anyone, and if there is a region that's weaker than 7AA, it's 6AA.

By the way, Waverly didn't decline. You play them two weeks from Friday.

Camden already had their schedule filled with the likes of Trenton, Westview, Milan and Jackson Northside. Don't look like they took the easy way out.

LC should go 10-0 with this schedule this year. Easily. Heck, if you don't go 10-0 you could even consider it a failure with that schedule. Hickman County looks like the only competition you will see. And to me, it's still debatable as to whether that is even stiff... You guys don't exactly play anyone, and if there is a region that's weaker than 7AA, it's 6AA.

By the way, Waverly didn't decline. You play them two weeks from Friday.

waverly, misprint(OOPS) , but camden declined early , last fall after the restructure, and just because our region is weak is defintely not our fault, the other programs are responsible for that, buliding their program and being tougher opponents, people are wanting us to fill bad about a good season and some solid athletes, who worked since last fall and if you where there you seen the only loss 6-0 in the regular season. this yr. we are completley different, as a team and we are not going to take crap over being tough!!! as for the two and out, no one can say that about this group of guys until the third game.. Have a Great Day!!

waverly, misprint(OOPS) , but camden declined early , last fall after the restructure, and just because our region is weak is defintely not our fault, the other programs are responsible for that, buliding their program and being tougher opponents, people are wanting us to fill bad about a good season and some solid athletes, who worked since last fall and if you where there you seen the only loss 6-0 in the regular season. this yr. we are completley different, as a team and we are not going to take crap over being tough!!! as for the two and out, no one can say that about this group of guys until the third game.. Have a Great Day!!

I'm not dissing the team; LC is a good team. Shame about the competition is all I'm saying.

I'm not dissing the team; LC is a good team. Shame about the competition is all I'm saying.

i agree competition is weaker than ordinary, but Lewis County is not responsible for other programs, we also did not put us in 62a we are placed here. As for as being a fan/alumni it would be awesome to have tight played 4qtr football to build into the playoff season

Why would Camden and Lewis want to play each other when they've already played 4 years in a row and split those? Speaking for Coach Ward, I'm sure he was looking for new competition that would further the Lions post season efforts. Camden and Lewis co have had some epic battles that have been great and have established a great rivalry, but playing new offenses and teams with different defensive skeems can only help both clubs. Pretty good chance we'll meet up somewhere in the playoffs anyway...so why not look for fresh meat?

Why wouldn't Camden and Lewis County want to continue a series that is evenly matched and prepares them for playoffs?

Region schedules are set. Non region scheduling is where Lewis County is lacking imo. Ezell and Waverly are both down this year and then 2 good 1A schools in Mt Pleasant and Wayne County who will get more out of the contest than Lewis will.

donhaney's comparision to Vanderbilt isn't apples to oranges. Vandy's not that good to start with and MTSU leads that series. UT plays Cal, Notre Dame, UCLA, Miami on a regular basis. They have a series with Oklahoma coming up. The Lady Vols try to schedule everyone in the top 10 to get prepared for the tournament instead of a bunch of directional schools outside of conference.

It's a cupcake schedule, regardless of who put it together.

Advisor,

What would a 5-A school gain from playing a 2-A school. If they win they are suppose, to if they lose it is a huge disaster. Isn't that why back in the day the TSSAA created classification. If not then go back to open classification and let everybody play everybody, and have the sportswriters vote on the state champion!

Just a thought!

Why wouldn't Camden and Lewis County want to continue a series that is evenly matched and prepares them for playoffs?

Region schedules are set. Non region scheduling is where Lewis County is lacking imo. Ezell and Waverly are both down this year and then 2 good 1A schools in Mt Pleasant and Wayne County who will get more out of the contest than Lewis will.

donhaney's comparision to Vanderbilt isn't apples to oranges. Vandy's not that good to start with and MTSU leads that series. UT plays Cal, Notre Dame, UCLA, Miami on a regular basis. They have a series with Oklahoma coming up. The Lady Vols try to schedule everyone in the top 10 to get prepared for the tournament instead of a bunch of directional schools outside of conference.

It's a cupcake schedule, regardless of who put it together.

I still say why would they if they can get other teams with different offenses and defenses? Playing each other has obviously not really helped considering the quarterfinals is as far as either has gone (and that was only Camden). I agree completely...beefing up non-region opponents is the only thing that will help both teams considering the weak regions both play in. Like I said we might meet up in the playoffs...I'm hoping we will be ready after playing this schedule.

yes i agree,it would be nice to play a few powerhouse teams,i mean atleast we could do is before the season starts schedule a real good team like lipscomb or cpa in a scrimage game

,i mean if you lose it doesnt count on your record,its just better experiecne for the players and the coaches,plus i think the panthers would enjoy a challange like that,but the panthers have been working there butt's off this season and hopefully that will make them better off in the playoff's

I don't blame you Don. I've seen your basketball team play!

It's tough to compare rural closed zone schools to the privates playing in the same division. No comparison. I applaud Lewis County for building a tradition with the hand that is dealt them. That is unlike any private school or open zoned public like Alcoa.

Still, a tougher non conference schedule wouldn't kill you. Most 5A schools like Columbia aren't going to drop down and play a 2A public very often, but there are plenty of 3A schools that would like Giles County, Marshall County, Cheatham, Creekwood or Sycamore that are not that far away. Strength of schedule will only help playoff bound teams later on down the road.

I know this is about football but I"d like to reply to the comment about our basketball team. Just to let you know our girls team made it to the quarter finals in the region last year and we did beat giles co,page,franklin road academy with only 1 senior on the team that didn't even play alot due to torn knee.