Volunteer?

AnswertheBell

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened????

This season has not turned many heads as of yet. Can they turn it around?

Its going to take some work but this team can turn it around. If you saw the game at Cocke Co. tonight the

stupid mistakes were "killers" dropped and or missed passes. Fumbles by the QB, little things that amount to

big things like running the ball to the 2 yard line and not being able to score, missed field goals. Coach Rider

needs to get tough. The majority of this team has played togather and the guys from the 8th grade Church Hill

team had not lost but one game(that was the championship game in the 8th grade, ended the season as co champs

with Vance Middle School) then losing last week and this week also leaves a bad taste. They can turn it around

and win out the rest, with a lot of hard work. Go Falcons

The Falcon Faithful have got to be pulling their hair out.

I think they are off to a terrible start and have majorly underachieved in their first two ballgames. These two should have been in the W column. With Boone and G'ville coming up, they really need a win against the Trailblazers to right the ship.

7 or games to go and you are well coached. But Tthis league is starting to look very tough across the board. Good luck.

I think the coaching is terrible,the offensive line couldn't block my sister,I don't know who they can beat this year unless they make some changes.The league is real weak this year.You have to admit this is some of the best talent Volunteer has had in yrs.and they can't beat East or Cocke Co.That is COACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think everybody needs to keep their mouth shut about the players and coaches. If you claim to be a Falcon Fan and want to make comments like that you should probably sit with the visitors. And the league is not "weak" this season. Balanced maybe, but not weak.

It's awfully easy to sit on your rear and question things others are doing. Go Falcons!!!

I think everybody needs to keep their mouth shut about the players and coaches. If you claim to be a Falcon Fan and want to make comments like that you should probably sit with the visitors. And the league is not "weak" this season. Balanced maybe, but not weak.

It's awfully easy to sit on your rear and question things others are doing. Go Falcons!!!

I agree with "Boonie's" call on this, if we are Falcon Fans we need to support them,win or lose. Why this talanted

team is not able to make it work. In looking at the scores from last night the Falcons are not the only team having

problems. There may need to be some changes made but that is the coaches decision and not all the arm chair

coaches if those of us who question had all the answers they would be on the field coaching and not complaining.

This is a balanced league this year no one team is running away with far out scores. Give the Falcons a chance I

believe they care enough to turn this around starting with next week. GO FALCONS !!

We will be okay.....does anyone remember how we started last year???? We've got 2 of the best coaches in the area in coach Rider, and coach Hastings. Don't turn this into an Elizabethton type thread where all we do is bash the coaches and players the whole year.... The players, and coaches need our support. Even though I still have a knot in my stomach after watching last nights game, I will say that as far as exciting games go (take away penalties), the last 2 weeks have been two of the most exciting close games I've seen in a while, very close the whole game. I feel that we out played East and Cocke County, but we just have to correct the mental mistakes we are making, we'll be fine.

Go Falcons!!!!

We will be okay.....does anyone remember how we started last year???? We've got 2 of the best coaches in the area in coach Rider, and coach Hastings. Don't turn this into an Elizabethton type thread where all we do is bash the coaches and players the whole year.... The players, and coaches need our support. Even though I still have a knot in my stomach after watching last nights game, I will say that as far as exciting games go (take away penalties), the last 2 weeks have been two of the most exciting close games I've seen in a while, very close the whole game. I feel that we out played East and Cocke County, but we just have to correct the mental mistakes we are making, we'll be fine.

Go Falcons!!!!

good post

I agree with "Boonie's" call on this, if we are Falcon Fans we need to support them,win or lose. Why this talanted

team is not able to make it work. In looking at the scores from last night the Falcons are not the only team having

problems. There may need to be some changes made but that is the coaches decision and not all the arm chair

coaches if those of us who question had all the answers they would be on the field coaching and not complaining.

This is a balanced league this year no one team is running away with far out scores. Give the Falcons a chance I

believe they care enough to turn this around starting with next week. GO FALCONS !!

Well,I didn't mean hurt you guys feelings,but I think you all need to wake up.I've seen enough Volunteer football to say its a different year but the same ole thing.The others teams in the league maybe having trouble this year,but the Falcons go thorough it every year.I hear the same thing every year, give the Falcons a chance,well ok I have. ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!

After watching last nights game, I think that:

1) Volunteer is a decent team.

2) Volunteer had chances to make plays, they didnt and Cocke County did.

a) They dropped at least 4, maybe 5 passes that would have been good for a 10+ yard gain.

Before the final drive in regulation, Volunteer had around 5 plays inside the 10 and gained minimal yardage

c) Volunteer's offense was very ineffective on third down - especially third and short.

d) Cocke County was +2 in turnover margin - and frankly should've been +3, as the lone Cocke County fumble/turnover appeared to be recovered out of bounds.

3) Volunteer should be ok in terms of the Regional race. They endured a slow start last year as well and the Five Rivers Conference isnt as strong.

As an aside, does anyone know what Coach Rider was so upset at and drew the flag at halftime?