Lincoln County @ Riverdale

StrengthandHonor

First, a bunch of points does not equal lot's of guys playing. The last time Rankin coached against Blackman and put 60 something on them, he still had every starter in the game half way through the 4th quarter. It was the biggest show of no class I had ever seen. He had a personal thing with the Blackman coach and it spilled over into his coaching.

Second, if you are a student of the game you know that defenses are usually ahead of offenses early in the season not the other way around. You would also know that defenses win championships. Again back to Rankins last year, what beat our high powered offense? Good defenseive coaching and playing. If you cannot score on a team, you cannot win. I would rather have a shutout and win than play 100 players. If you are the team that can only get 75 yards a game and you know you cannot move the ball, it will demoralize you. You said in a earlier post that Riverdale had a lot of problems. If you know what these problems are and how to fix them, maybe you should meet with coach A and help him out. Maybe you can compare the State Championship ring you won as a coach with his.

Third, you say that the offense should be getting better heading into the 4th game. If you have seen all three games you should have noticed that the offense is getting better. Is it where it needs to be? Not by any means. Has it improved since game one? Yes. The point output was not there but the improvement was. The line showed more intensity and blocked better. But the intensity was not sustained. The two turnovers were momentum killers.

Fourth, this team should have a sense of urgency before they get to the last four games, and I believe they do. This team knows what it wants and what it needs to do to accomplish it. They should stay hungry and improve each week.

Riverdale has won all three of their games by an average of two touchdowns when one point is all you need. Where would rather be at this time? 3 - 0 with an average point spread of two TD's, or 2 - 1 with anaverage point spread of two TD's? I will take the 3 - 0.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with another Riverdale fan, assuming you are one. One question for you though; who is the backup QB and how many snaps has he taken this year? Ok, that was two questions.

BTW, Rankin isn't here anymore and I don't think that I've ever made a post that suggested that Coach A should do something a certain way because Rankin did. That really sound like you are trying to manufacture dissent in the program that isn't there. Why would a Riverdale fan do that?

Bottom line, regardless of who is coaching, is that the offense hasn't been effective enough to allow us the opportunity to build our depth. That is a problem and we need to be looking for solutions. Thank goodness that the defense has over-achieved.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with another Riverdale fan, assuming you are one. One question for you though; who is the backup QB and how many snaps has he taken this year? Ok, that was two questions.

BTW, Rankin isn't here anymore and I don't think that I've ever made a post that suggested that Coach A should do something a certain way because Rankin did. That really sound like you are trying to manufacture dissent in the program that isn't there. Why would a Riverdale fan do that?

Bottom line, regardless of who is coaching, is that the offense hasn't been effective enough to allow us the opportunity to build our depth. That is a problem and we need to be looking for solutions. Thank goodness that the defense has over-achieved.

I am not only a fan, but a parent of a player. A booster that gives time, sweat, and money to support not only my son but all the young men.

Cody West, soph. No snaps in the regular season but plenty in the summer and every day in practice. You come to plenty of practices and I'm sure you knew this. I know it is not as same as in a game.

You are correct. You did not mention coach Rankin by name, but usually when there are complaints about what is happening with a new coach, it is compared to the old coach. If this was not inferred, then I apologize for reading that into it.

I have defended the program with every post and by no means am I trying to manufacture dissent in the program. I belive you are the one that said we have a lot of problems. That statement would cause more desent than anything stated about a former coach.

Why do you think the defense has over achieved? Do you not think this defense is as strong as they have played thus far? I do not think they have over achieved but played to their potential. I also believe they will continue to improve. I believe they are the best defense in the region, if not the state.

Bottom line is the offense needs to be effective enough to win. The depth will take care of itself. It always does.

Your passion and support for the program is appreciated. I hope you give as much time and money to the program as you do on here with your blogs.

Now back to the topic of this post. Do you think we will get a shut out this week?

I am not only a fan, but a parent of a player. A booster that gives time, sweat, and money to support not only my son but all the young men.

Cody West, soph. No snaps in the regular season but plenty in the summer and every day in practice. You come to plenty of practices and I'm sure you knew this. I know it is not as same as in a game.

You are correct. You did not mention coach Rankin by name, but usually when there are complaints about what is happening with a new coach, it is compared to the old coach. If this was not inferred, then I apologize for reading that into it.

I have defended the program with every post and by no means am I trying to manufacture dissent in the program. I belive you are the one that said we have a lot of problems. That statement would cause more desent than anything stated about a former coach.

Why do you think the defense has over achieved? Do you not think this defense is as strong as they have played thus far? I do not think they have over achieved but played to their potential. I also believe they will continue to improve. I believe they are the best defense in the region, if not the state.

Bottom line is the offense needs to be effective enough to win. The depth will take care of itself. It always does.

Your passion and support for the program is appreciated. I hope you give as much time and money to the program as you do on here with your blogs.

Now back to the topic of this post. Do you think we will get a shut out this week?

I always like a good shutout. I just don't normally talk to the other team about it before it happens. I'll tell you Saturday if I think we can get one.

I think the defense has over-achieved because of the staff turnover and having to replace some really good players from last year that were really special. I expected the defense to be good, in time...I didn't expect two shutouts in the first three games.

I always like a good shutout. I just don't normally talk to the other team about it before it happens. I'll tell you Saturday if I think we can get one.

I think the defense has over-achieved because of the staff turnover and having to replace some really good players from last year that were really special. I expected the defense to be good, in time...I didn't expect two shutouts in the first three games.

Not only really good players but a really good DC with a lot of fire. He was one of my favorites. I think this defense can be real special by the time the season is over. Finch has reeally stepped up in Boyken's absence. It will be good to get Paul back. Grimes has really taken his game up this year also.

OK...where to start...I like our coaching staff i like how the kids are well coached...i have heard a lot of good things about coach creasy from people outside of RIVERDALE and i like how our defense looks I would not say that our defense has over achieved i dont think the offenses have been that good team 1 oakland ran awing T and we all know that type of offense even prior to coach A has never done well against us we have always controlled that type of offense 2. was antioch who had a very good player but really wasnt very strong although in the end we may find out they were pretty good come playoff time 3. Blackmans offense just wasnt any good they showed flashes but for the most part they didnt really do much and our defense had some to do with that but i think their offense wasnt ready for us. We are gonna have to wait until the last 4-5 games to really see what we have defensivly

Offense we have ot take care of the ball while i beleive we are well coached but if we dont get better we will not win the state and i can assure you that our players are not working their butts off just to win a few playoff games like they did last year they work to win state it is an ugly monster but that is the way it is

our coaches are good our kids are prepared and they know what to expect in each game there hasnt been a game yet where the kids didnt know what they were doing and that is the coaches job while i am not a fan of the wing T the kids are prepared.

well riverdaleman you do have it in you to give a compliment to coachA & his teaching...WOW now see it didn't hurt so much...

No as to the upcoming game...keep the wins coming... nice job warriors!! keep the holes 4 VAN HOOSE to run through.. keep the QB focused nice job (smith) & the kicker great job (missing just one...the pros wld love those stats) anyways tighten things up & get fired up!!

well riverdaleman you do have it in you to give a compliment to coachA & his teaching...WOW now see it didn't hurt so much...

No as to the upcoming game...keep the wins coming... nice job warriors!! keep the holes 4 VAN HOOSE to run through.. keep the QB focused nice job (smith) & the kicker great job (missing just one...the pros wld love those stats) anyways tighten things up & get fired up!!

Ive never had any complaint about coach A me not likeing our offnese doesnt mean i dont like the coaches or coach A. (other than the games we lost last year but i am sure he was more mad at himself than i was)

as for the holes that are open for vanhoose what if mcclain or lee was getting to run the ball like that how many yards do you think they would get i think in the last game if it had been one of those 2 it would have been TDs instead of 20 yard gains becasue they have the speed and vision to take it to the house hoose is looking for someone to hit LOL (i do like that though LOL and i love his work ethic)

Anybody know the prognosis on Boykin and Sherrill? When will those guys be back.

With a little luck we'll have really nice weather Friday night.

Where are all the Falcon fans?

I can't speak for everyone, but I suspect that the title of this thread makes LC folks disinclined to post - your comment concerning shutouts was noted and appreciated.

The Falcons have some talent this year - I've only been to one game (Blackman) and hopefully that one was a terribly off night for LC. If their heads are in the game they'll give the Warriors some competition.

Ive never had any complaint about coach A me not likeing our offnese doesnt mean i dont like the coaches or coach A. (other than the games we lost last year but i am sure he was more mad at himself than i was)

as for the holes that are open for vanhoose what if mcclain or lee was getting to run the ball like that how many yards do you think they would get i think in the last game if it had been one of those 2 it would have been TDs instead of 20 yard gains becasue they have the speed and vision to take it to the house hoose is looking for someone to hit LOL (i do like that though LOL and i love his work ethic)

vanhoose does a GREAT job...at least he covers that ball so no fumbles...he might only make 20 yards (can even beleive i just said that ... only 20 yards) but at least the ball is always covered by both arms so making it very hard for the other team to create a fumble. others have a tendency to fling the ball around giving the opportunity of a fumble. also he is healthy.. & always willing & ready... pound it vanhoose..pound it... that is why our team is so hard to defend this year bc of the different styles btween joey, jeremy & vanhoose those backs are great each with their own style. o-line just keep making the holes. & d-fense keep holding the other team down..

hey everyone! I had the privilage of living in M'Boro for 9 years! Followed region 4 5-A for all of them. Lived in Riverdale zone, saw them win state in 97,01,04, and Oakland in 98. Really miss living in M'Boro. I feel that is some of the best high school football in our awesome country! Sounds to me that if the Warriors cut out the mistakes they will be just fine! Remember its all about these young men. I know they will keep working hard to improve the offense by cutting out the mistakes and also take one game at a time they will be fine. Coach A is a class act! And if I may say so I liked coach Rankin and all the other coach's on the previous staff. What a privilage to see for those 9 years! So getting back to the R'Dale v.s. L.C. game I pick R'Dale to win!