FridayMainEvent

Pick the Winner  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Winner

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35-7 cascade Nick Batts two td runs... and no I dont have any inside info thats just my prediction and the middle school is going to beat forrest mark my word

Has Batts been approved to play for Friday? If so, you might want to up that score for Cascade. I saw this kid last night and he is the real deal! One of the best talents I've seen at this level.

I sure wish something could be done to speed the process of getting Nick Batts approved to play Varsity ball this season! For those who were at the J.V. game in Huntland last night they can attest to the amount of talent that isn't being seen on the field this season. I heard last night that if the principal at Central would write a letter to TSSAA everything would be completed. I don't understand why anyone would prevent a kid from enjoying his senior season of Football. If I had been blessed with Nick's talent, I'd want to go somewhere to showcase my talent also. Let's face it, College isn't cheap and if you have an opportunity to get yours paid for, you'd be a fool not to do all that you can to make that happen. Trust me, if there is a college scout that wants to see a true gem, you need to make plans to attend a Cascade JV game this season. This kid is unbelievable! Ask Mount Pleasant fans about the 60 yard run in the scrimmage when he stiff-armed a couple kids to their backside. Ask the Huntland fans in attendance about the first two carries by number 3 last night that went for 70 yards each and two touchdowns. Ask them about the interception and lateral while in the grasp of a couple of defenders. Ask them about the second interception where he broke at least 10 tackles and drug half of Huntlands team 30 yards down the field.

I'm sure those reading this are saying that I only want to see him play to help our team. You would be wrong. I enjoy watching the kid play. It is amazing. If he was given clearance to play for any team, I'd go watch just to see what he did. If I had known about Nick while he was at Shelbyville, I would of went to see him play there. I grew up with his Dad and Nick is not only a phenominal athlete, he is also a class act. He'll stop and talk to anyone and it's always yes sir, no sir. Good Luck, Nick, you have the whole school and community behind you, so keep your chin up! WE DO LOVE WATCHING YOU PLAY, even if it is only for the JV team!

Shelbyville's Mr.Embry isn't going to send any letter on the behalf of Nick Batts to the TSSAA. Nick transfered stating the reason was to play football for Cascade. Because of that he is ineligible this season. Nick and his parents were all told this by the Shelbyville staff prior to his transfer. If he wanted to play football he should have stayed at Shelbyville!

Nick could have followed his teammates to a division one a scholarship! Jared Frazier at Tennessee, Jonathon White at Vanderbilt, Barry Stewart at Miss.State, Twilley at East Tennessee State. Not to mention all the young ladies playing basketball and soccer . I am not sure if anyone from Cascade has every recieved a scholarship from division one A !

Cascade 11, please do not make Mr. Embry of Shelbyville Central out to be the bad guy in this Nick Batt's situation. Rules are meant to be followed and that is simply what he and the TSSAA have done. If every player that was part of a program that was down or being rebuilt decided to jump ship for his/her own betterment, there would be total chaos. In today's society, it seems that many people, and especially athletes, feel they are above the rules. It is important that TSSAA stands by their eligibility requirements.

Nick IS a good kid but it is a shame that he has foresaken his senior season of football with lifelong friends to chase his own glory. He could have been playing at Shelbyville and contributing to the team effort. He would have shined this year in Region 5-4A and gone on to bigger and better things afterwards. And Cascade 11, if you knew much about football in Bedford County, you should have known about Nick's talent and come to watch him at Shelbyville.

I'm sure a lot of the women's college basketball scouts go and watch your team that has managed one football victory in the last three years, but I doubt many football recruiters do. Where the young man chooses to attend shouldn't be a problem for you folks in Shelbyville. Bottom line, it's wrong for your principal to hold a grudge against a 16 year old kid because he doesn't want to play ball at your school!!!!! Things eventually have a way of balancing out, so I'm sure that unwillingness to cooperate will catch up sooner or later. The only person getting hurt by this is the kid. Trust me, we are rich in talent at Cascade and we'll do just fine whether Nick is allowed to play or not.

Cascade 11, please do not make Mr. Embry of Shelbyville Central out to be the bad guy in this Nick Batt's situation. Rules are meant to be followed and that is simply what he and the TSSAA have done. If every player that was part of a program that was down or being rebuilt decided to jump ship for his/her own betterment, there would be total chaos. In today's society, it seems that many people, and especially athletes, feel they are above the rules. It is important that TSSAA stands by their eligibility requirements.

Nick IS a good kid but it is a shame that he has foresaken his senior season of football with lifelong friends to chase his own glory. He could have been playing at Shelbyville and contributing to the team effort. He would have shined this year in Region 5-4A and gone on to bigger and better things afterwards. And Cascade 11, if you knew much about football in Bedford County, you should have known about Nick's talent and come to watch him at Shelbyville.

I never claimed to be an authority on Football in Bedford County. I'm not making my observations based on what Nick can do for us. I'm basing them on what I've seen from the young man, both on and off the field. I do know enough about football in this area to know that Shelbyville football has been in a mess for sometime and when Nick decided to go to Cascade last January he was trying to get himself into a situation to get noticed. You can sugar-coat the situation all you want, but with most picking Cascade to make a serious run this year, it is a smart decision to put yourself in a position to be seen. I'd love for the TSSAA to allow Nick to return to Shelbyville and play there this season if playing at Cascade isn't a possiblility. That is the part you don't understand. He deserves a chance and I'm sure when the decision was made to go to Cascade he never expected the roadblock put down from Shelbyville. As far as I'm concerned, send him back to Shelbyville, send him to Riverdale, send him to Alcoa..........wherever...........just let the kid play!

I try not to respond to such post, but Cascade 11 is correct. The issue is letting Nick play, not where. I have seen Nick play baseball for the past 8 or 9 years and he has never been one to float his on boat. His mother and him have traveled hundered of miles and he has always been a team player and aways humble. I guess it is ok for a Cacade player to transfer to Central and play baseball, where nothing was said. Isn't is amazing that all sorts of players have been brought in to play basketball and nothing is said. And Cascade 11 is correct in saying that the principle's feeling were hurt and he is holding a GRUDGE, not only for loosing players but coaches to Cascade. Maybe he should try to find out why players and coachers alike are leaving or wanting to leave. " ONE MANS TRASH IS ANOTHERS GOLD."