Cascade vs Clarksville Academy

FridayMainEvent

Pick the Winner  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Winner

I'm guessing your a politician or lawyer the way you twist words around. I don't have any problem with any of the kids at Shelbyville. Like I said, some may get noticed during games that recruiters are at to watch the other team. Recruiters go to see kids because those kids and usually there schools are having outstanding seasons. That is the point that you people are missing! Why gamble on being seen when you can be the one they are coming to see. If you rush for 1000 yards for a 2-8 team or 1500 yards for a 9-1 or 10-0 team who do you think is going to get the most press and attention drawn to them? Surely you can let common sense dictate your opinion on this matter.

As I've stated many times already, whether Nick plays for Cascade or not shouldn't be an issue for you or anyone else at Central and nothing you say is going to convince me differently. What this kid does at Cascade and with the rest of his life will not factor into anybody at Shelbyvilles future plans so the best thing you can do is take care of your school and let us take care of Nick now that he is a member of the Cascade family. The information I got is that Embrey is the only one who still factors into this equation from your part of the county so I'm not wasting anymore of my time addressing you Cascade bashers! Trying to use logic against you Embrey supporters is giving me a headache so I'm done with this argument.

Well it looks as if Cascade's run for the region champs hopes has taken a hit.. Looks as if the only way they could win the region was to go out and recruit a kid in hopes of him being the difference in 2nd place and 1st place.. this plan has obviously backfired against the champions and looks as if they will still be the 2nd place CHAMPIONS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks as if Cascade's run for the region champs hopes has taken a hit.. Looks as if the only way they could win the region was to go out and recruit a kid in hopes of him being the difference in 2nd place and 1st place.. this plan has obviously backfired against the champions and looks as if they will still be the 2nd place CHAMPIONS

Cascade doesnt follow in the footsteps of Shelbyville. We dont recruit lol. Second place may or may not be where we end up but I know one thing is for sure is after we win this week that will be more wins than Shelbyville has had in three years. If you want to take shots at our team I can play that game as well. We dont cheat to win and we also dont get rid of good coaches either. The reason you have had coaches and players go to Cascade for football is because they are treated better here. If you dont have a certain last name or you are not in the political game you dont play at Shelbyville. You guys let Cascade do the winning because they have that covered. Enjoy your one win season.

Cascade 11,

Don't let these poster get to you! If the kid is as good as everybody is saying, he will get a look at the next level. Even if he never takes a snap with the varsity his senior year. The kid needs to blanket his film and start filling out recruitment forms. Also he needs to get a documentation on his variables, ( 40 time Bench,Squat, Vertical Jump,etc..) Any film ( JV or Varsity) a scout will take a look at the kid. I say he needs two things to make it, talent and grades. With APR hitting so many of the universities his grades may be even more important than athletic ability, I know most of you think I am crazy for that last statement, but it is the truth, the NCAA is taking a hard stand with the APR. "Developed last year, the NCAA's new academic standard awards APR points based on how many scholarship student-athletes meet academic eligibility standards. A cutoff score of 925 means an estimated 50% of those student-athletes are on track to graduate. Starting this year, (2007) NCAA schools that regularly fall below the 925 score can lose scholarships, face recruiting restrictions and miss postseason play."

So tell the kid to keep his head up, because he still has a chance of playing at the next level. I know the Coaching Staff will have him prepared, so will the Teachers at Cascade when it comes to Academics. Good Luck this Season and Good Luck on Friday

Oh how ludicrous!!!! Don't even assume that Cascade recruits players. It's funny to me that most of the kids I talk to say they wished they had come to Cascade alot sooner than they did. Come out of you glass house. Cascade11 is correct. If Nick wants to transfer back, I am sure they would let him. It is about Embry getting his delicate feelings hurt. Cascade is a better school and I am not talking about sports.

Here's a little fuel...

cascades ACT scores (as of 2005)

Composite: 19.5

English: 19.2

Math: 18.9

Reading: 19.8

Science: 19.5

Central ACT scores (as of 2005)

Composite: 20.9

English: 21.3

Math: 20.2

Reading: 21.1

Science: 20.6

cascade has a graduation rate of 88.2% and Central has a graduation rate of 80%; what does this all mean? I don't know...is there a football game Friday? I get the feeling the game has been called and instead there will be a town hall meeting.

Here's a little fuel...

cascades ACT scores (as of 2005)

Composite: 19.5

English: 19.2

Math: 18.9

Reading: 19.8

Science: 19.5

Central ACT scores (as of 2005)

Composite: 20.9

English: 21.3

Math: 20.2

Reading: 21.1

Science: 20.6

cascade has a graduation rate of 88.2% and Central has a graduation rate of 80%; what does this all mean? I don't know...is there a football game Friday? I get the feeling the game has been called and instead there will be a town hall meeting.

Finally, someone who actually wants to talk about the game!

Finally, someone who actually wants to talk about the game!

melton, I hope last week's game didn't hurt CA's confidence too much. They need to forget about that game and move on. All they need to do is practice and play hard and everything else will fall in to place. They seemed to keep a pretty good attitude during the entire JB game so if they keep playing hard they'll be able to wins some games and maybe steal a playoff spot from somebody.

Cascade doesnt follow in the footsteps of Shelbyville. We dont recruit lol. Second place may or may not be where we end up but I know one thing is for sure is after we win this week that will be more wins than Shelbyville has had in three years. If you want to take shots at our team I can play that game as well. We dont cheat to win and we also dont get rid of good coaches either. The reason you have had coaches and players go to Cascade for football is because they are treated better here. If you dont have a certain last name or you are not in the political game you dont play at Shelbyville. You guys let Cascade do the winning because they have that covered. Enjoy your one win season.

Treyvols99, why all the hate.

Cascade needs to focus on their season and not worry so much about someone being "cleared" to play.

It's things like this that takes the focus off the game and makes it more possible for a team to slip up and upset the Champions.

By the way, Cascade has had a number of one win seasons over the years if you're counting!!!!

Enough already!!

Shelbyville's Mr.Embry isn't going to send any letter on the behalf of Nick Batts to the TSSAA. Nick transfered stating the reason was to play football for Cascade. Because of that he is ineligible this season. Nick and his parents were all told this by the Shelbyville staff prior to his transfer. If he wanted to play football he should have stayed at Shelbyville!

How many girls basketball players have transferred to shelbyville to play? HUH???

What about the 2006 baseball team, how many transfers did they have? HUH???

Just getting back on, been out of contact for a few days! WOW how this has taken a life of it's own. I know that Mrs. Edwards went to Central within the last week and spoke directly to Central coach and asked that he release Nick, for Nick's sake, for what was/is best for the child. Central Coach is being a ###### by holding a kid back from a promising future. As an educator, I am not sure how he can go to work every day, encouraging students to further their education and become responsible citizens (I'm a teacher and at least that's what I do!) and then purposely hurt a child's chances at college. NICK PHYSICALLY LIVES IN CASCADE SCHOOL DISTRICT. END OF STORY. GROW UP COACH AND CONCENTRATE ON TRYING TO WIN A FEW GAMES THIS YEAR INSTEAD OF PICKING ON A KID THAT HAS DONE NOTHING TO YOU. And, in defense of my earlier post, I could claim on my taxes about 10 kids from the Central team, just because of the groceries I am out, so in no way have I or will I ever slam on those kids. They really can't help that they have a spiteful man for a coach, and many of these kids agree that Nick should be released to play. If you were to take a poll in Central's locker room, the vote would go in favor of Nick being allowed to play at Cascade. Maybe Coach needs to establish a democracy and let the votes fall where they may!