South vs Greeneville

EastTnFootball10

I have to say it was one heck of a game. There is no doubt that these two teams are two of the best in East Tn. The thing I do hate to see is very loyal fans and students tanrnish this great game bickering after its over. We all love our team and most can compliment another team when they are better. So please (and I am not pointing any fingers) let the bickering stop.

It was a good game, bad calls were made or not made on both teams. Since this is the first time our kicker has ever played football, we were afraid he would get nervous. There are a lot of facts about each team that is know by their fans. That makes us worry for our players and teams. But we make posts with that knowledge, and it makes no sense to anyone else.

And yes KEVO was a great player with a heart bigger than most. With that said we Greene Devil fans know that we would do almost anything if only he could play agian.

Enough said. Go Devils, Go Rebels (until we meet agian)lol

Oh get over yourself...nothing we say can have any effect on the outcome of this game or its significance.We all pretty much agree that we got to see 2 amazing QB's lead 2 great teams to what probably is the best game we will see all season. If we can't argue calls and question officials or AD's or field conditions or just call each other a moron on Saturdays and Sundays without upsetting you then maybe you are visiting the wrong message board. Sorry if it offends you but its our party and we'll whine and moan and gloat if we want to....its HS football baby /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> If you hate the bickering so much then go find a nice scrapbooking site.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Barb,

Can you recommend a good scrap book site???? By the way you or others on this site do not upset or insult me. But when I hear players and other that view this site, but do not post. Call us that support them and post (including me) idiots. I thought you might want to know about it. But carry on, didnt mean to step on anyones toes.

Oh get over yourself...nothing we say can have any effect on the outcome of this game or its significance.We all pretty much agree that we got to see 2 amazing QB's lead 2 great teams to what probably is the best game we will see all season. If we can't argue calls and question officials or AD's or field conditions or just call each other a moron on Saturdays and Sundays without upsetting you then maybe you are visiting the wrong message board. Sorry if it offends you but its our party and we'll whine and moan and gloat if we want to....its HS football baby /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> If you hate the bickering so much then go find a nice scrapbooking site.

barb you confuse me some time, an some time i think your two people. One day you give good info an other times you act like a high school kid just playing around on here?

barb you confuse me some time, an some time i think your two people. One day you give good info an other times you act like a high school kid just playing around on here?

Playing is exactly what it is....if my opinion mattered or any of you actually cared what I had to say I would be getting PAID for it...not posting it for free. This is a site for rabid fans, monday morning QB's and coach wannabe's to voice opinions and yank each others chains. We say what we think about the games and occasionally point out each others personality flaws. This is a place for bickering...always has been at least for the 5 years I have been posting on here. Its not harming anyone... at least I haven't heard of anyone getting beaten up or hanging themselves because someone called someone an idiot...anyway, if FIG42 is so politically correct that he feels he has to be the voice of reason on the High school football message board, then he probably has too much time on his hands and should take up needle-point or something.

Fig42...www.scrapbooking.com

I have extra supplies if you need them. I gave it up to pursue a career in mud-wrasslin' /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yes i played football an i fully understand its ok to play if your hurt or sick but you can DIE from dehydration, it happens every year to high school football players, an i hate to say it but it could have happens Friday. Playing with a broken finger or with a cold is ok but playing when there is a darn good chance you are going to dehydrate is stupid.

Kevo, of course you are correct in stating that playing dehydrated is stupid...and Barb is correct also. Stacy started dealing with this subject 2 years ago along with the staph (MERSA) issue well before they become front page issues and I might add well before this summers record heat. They are supplied bannanas and pedialyte and the trainers have been hot on this subject since 2 a days began. This was a big factor in the win against SHHS. You almost have to make some of these guys eat the bannanas and drink the electrolytes and if you don't see it go down there's a good chance they give it to someone else. Many of the guys understand it some don't. One thing's for sure...Blake understands it now. It's not good enough to drink water during the game it has to be done all day AND during. When the tools are provided and you think all bases are covered then someone slips through the cracks it's tough to explain. Stacy was not to blame. He preches long and hard on this issue. It's an individual thing. Ultimately, yes it is the coaches responsibility as is everything else in the football world but he has and continues to make strides in this area. Did he make a bad decision in letting Blake play? I don't think so. A portion of the responsibility has to reside on the player and the home. It can be a fine line sometimes I have to agree and no one believed it to be of the magnitude it was. Some players are just prone to some difficulties and it takes extreme situations to bring about the devil. This is the most field time the player has seen at South so there was no track record to go by.

Kevo, of course you are correct in stating that playing dehydrated is stupid...and Barb is correct also. Stacy started dealing with this subject 2 years ago along with the staph (MERSA) issue well before they become front page issues and I might add well before this summers record heat. They are supplied bannanas and pedialyte and the trainers have been hot on this subject since 2 a days began. This was a big factor in the win against SHHS. You almost have to make some of these guys eat the bannanas and drink the electrolytes and if you don't see it go down there's a good chance they give it to someone else. Many of the guys understand it some don't. One thing's for sure...Blake understands it now. It's not good enough to drink water during the game it has to be done all day AND during. When the tools are provided and you think all bases are covered then someone slips through the cracks it's tough to explain. Stacy was not to blame. He preches long and hard on this issue. It's an individual thing. Ultimately, yes it is the coaches responsibility as is everything else in the football world but he has and continues to make strides in this area. Did he make a bad decision in letting Blake play? I don't think so. A portion of the responsibility has to reside on the player and the home. It can be a fine line sometimes I have to agree and no one believed it to be of the magnitude it was. Some players are just prone to some difficulties and it takes extreme situations to bring about the devil. This is the most field time the player has seen at South so there was no track record to go by.

I have played at a school were on game day the coaches have a cooler full of that power aid an everyone that played got a bottle an were told to drink all day up until the game, we were able to get out of class to go get more an we were able to drink in class to. It really helped we never had any problems like that or cramps.

Playing is exactly what it is....if my opinion mattered or any of you actually cared what I had to say I would be getting PAID for it...not posting it for free. This is a site for rabid fans, monday morning QB's and coach wannabe's to voice opinions and yank each others chains. We say what we think about the games and occasionally point out each others personality flaws. This is a place for bickering...always has been at least for the 5 years I have been posting on here. Its not harming anyone... at least I haven't heard of anyone getting beaten up or hanging themselves because someone called someone an idiot...anyway, if FIG42 is so politically correct that he feels he has to be the voice of reason on the High school football message board, then he probably has too much time on his hands and should take up needle-point or something.

Fig42...www.scrapbooking.com

I have extra supplies if you need them. I gave it up to pursue a career in mud-wrasslin' /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I am really starting to like u barb even though u gave me a bunch of heck earlier this week. What is it with the people coming on here and saying if u would please calm it down just a bit i have tender ears and eyes. This is the second time someone from greeneville has said this or tried to cancel a topic. For crying out loud people its a message board and i am pretty sure there is nothing that states u can't give or let ur opinion be heard

I am really starting to like u barb even though u gave me a bunch of heck earlier this week. What is it with the people coming on here and saying if u would please calm it down just a bit i have tender ears and eyes. This is the second time someone from greeneville has said this or tried to cancel a topic. For crying out loud people its a message board and i am pretty sure there is nothing that states u can't give or let ur opinion be heard

You are right there is nothing that says you cant express ur opinion. And I have found it quite humorus that some people call people idiots and morons.

I think I probably made a mistake posting what some players and other folks are saying about some posts. For that I am sorry and did not mean to step on anyones toes. I think I had already posted that, but maybe I didnt.

Thanks for the addy Barb:

I have played at a school were on game day the coaches have a cooler full of that power aid an everyone that played got a bottle an were told to drink all day up until the game, we were able to get out of class to go get more an we were able to drink in class to. It really helped we never had any problems like that or cramps.

That's wonderful. Stacy might very well go to that extreme, I'm not sure. I agree...cramps was never an issue when I played. But neither was shoulders. When I played it was blown knees. Back then the "Crackback" block was common. Hence the knee injuries. It was a dirty tactic but it was legal and everybody did it. Knees are not the norm these days but shoulder injuries seem to be epidemic. Something different in the way we tackled and blocked was different then I think. We had one guy that got cramps but it would be whole body cramps. It was scary to see. I think it may have been his diet or possibly another underlying issue. Our guy went home yesterday and is resting fine. I talked to him today. For those of you concerned just to let you know. Not many can contend with that team we played Friday night...good luck.