South vs Greeneville

EastTnFootball10

That's better.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You sound almost coherent now...except LSU will own Tebow /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are u kidding me if this game was any indication of the lsu-florida game the score may be a little closer; but remember the gators were without there #1 wr andre caldwell. That will be a deciding factor in the lsu game but i guess it didn't matter about us playing wk and troy b/c we put up more points on ut then any of the other two games. The defense will get better and the offense well can they get any better?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow hush Greeneville just out played south don't even start blaning the game on the officials take the loss and get better and i would bet u all wont go all the way b/c the earlier post on here about south and maryville u all don't have a chance even on mr footballs best day

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well it just may be a duck. The officiating was the pits! I've watched the film, HAVE YOU? I never took anything away from the Green Devil's win but those refs stunk it up! Did this change the game? Only if you consider morale. Just one more thing the Rebs will have to improve upon going forward. The line you say O and D again watch the film my friend. If you didn't record it there are quite a few copies floating around. As with any loss there are many improvements to be made. The Rebs have taken there knocks before, accepted defeat and have risen from it and that's what South's gonna do again! (And I believe that is what Greenville did last night!)

Oh for whoever made the post about the 15 minute wait for the injured south player and how it was difficult for GHS kicker mentally to pull it together...First of all he did and he put the icing on the cake! I would suggest that perhaps you may want to discuss this with the GHS AD. Again pathetic that it took 20 minutes to get an ambulance there! I sincerely hope that NONE of your players or any players on a visiting team have a LIFE THREATING injury because they will be gone before help arrives! Food for thought my friend.

Again, any Greenville fans NOTHING taken away from your win! Best of luck for the rest of the season!

GO REBS!!!!

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well it just may be a duck. The officiating was the pits! I've watched the film, HAVE YOU? I never took anything away from the Green Devil's win but those refs stunk it up! Did this change the game? Only if you consider morale. Just one more thing the Rebs will have to improve upon going forward. The line you say O and D again watch the film my friend. If you didn't record it there are quite a few copies floating around. As with any loss there are many improvements to be made. The Rebs have taken there knocks before, accepted defeat and have risen from it and that's what South's gonna do again! (And I believe that is what Greenville did last night!)

Oh for whoever made the post about the 15 minute wait for the injured south player and how it was difficult for GHS kicker mentally to pull it together...First of all he did and he put the icing on the cake! I would suggest that perhaps you may want to discuss this with the GHS AD. Again pathetic that it took 20 minutes to get an ambulance there! I sincerely hope that NONE of your players or any players on a visiting team have a LIFE THREATING injury because they will be gone before help arrives! Food for thought my friend.

Again, any Greenville fans NOTHING taken away from your win! Best of luck for the rest of the season!

GO REBS!!!!

I dont think they were complaining because of the 15 min injury time out????? From what i have read that whole incident could have been avoided any ways.

How?

well if you were dehydrated in last weeks game then it should not have happened this week. If he had a virus an was puking up an craping his brains out an losing all those liquids then he should not have been playing, an the coach should not have let him play if he was that sick. I guess winning was more important at that point in the game?

well if you were dehydrated in last weeks game then it should not have happened this week. If he had a virus an was puking up an craping his brains out an losing all those liquids then he should not have been playing, an the coach should not have let him play if he was that sick. I guess winning was more important at that point in the game?

Kevo, you make it sound like he has a disease. We've had 98 degree heat up until a week ago. Remember? People play hurt on a regular basis. This guy is one of those guys that leaves it all on the field. Go to any major college on gameday and see how many players have an IV stuck in their arm. For that matter come to South on gameday. You know I said very few of our defensive players showed up...well he was one. He could not have attempted to play at the level he played if he was ill to the point of disaster. I'm not trying to be argumentative but did you play football? Did you ever play hurt or sick? I did...alot. My son has. In fact, I don't know anyone that hasn't. I mean the coach came to me and said, "Are you gonna make it? You gotta make it...we got to have you. stink it up and go!" C'mon bro'...this is a mans' game. I mean 2 of the Dads' are Doctors...12 of the Mothers are nurses...we didn't just get off the boat.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well it just may be a duck. The officiating was the pits! I've watched the film, HAVE YOU? I never took anything away from the Green Devil's win but those refs stunk it up! Did this change the game? Only if you consider morale. Just one more thing the Rebs will have to improve upon going forward. The line you say O and D again watch the film my friend. If you didn't record it there are quite a few copies floating around. As with any loss there are many improvements to be made. The Rebs have taken there knocks before, accepted defeat and have risen from it and that's what South's gonna do again! (And I believe that is what Greenville did last night!) Oh for whoever made the post about the 15 minute wait for the injured south player and how it was difficult for GHS kicker mentally to pull it together...First of all he did and he put the icing on the cake! I would suggest that perhaps you may want to discuss this with the GHS AD. Again pathetic that it took 20 minutes to get an ambulance there! I sincerely hope that NONE of your players or any players on a visiting team have a LIFE THREATING injury because they will be gone before help arrives! Food for thought my friend.Again, any Greenville fans NOTHING taken away from your win! Best of luck for the rest of the season!GO REBS!!!!

Well i sure hope u all have better officiating at the rest of ur games b/c if not oh the humanity. Its not the officiating that lost the game get off there back they called it down the middle

Kevo, you make it sound like he has a disease. We've had 98 degree heat up until a week ago. Remember? People play hurt on a regular basis. This guy is one of those guys that leaves it all on the field. Go to any major college on gameday and see how many players have an IV stuck in their arm. For that matter come to South on gameday. You know I said very few of our defensive players showed up...well he was one. He could not have attempted to play at the level he played if he was ill to the point of disaster. I'm not trying to be argumentative but did you play football? Did you ever play hurt or sick? I did...alot. My son has. In fact, I don't know anyone that hasn't. I mean the coach came to me and said, "Are you gonna make it? You gotta make it...we got to have you. stink it up and go!" C'mon bro'...this is a mans' game. I mean 2 of the Dads' are Doctors...12 of the Mothers are nurses...we didn't just get off the boat.

Well its a good thing he is ok but 2 weeks in a row hopefully this isn't a continual thing!!!

These aren't men Comp...and kids die every year from dehydration and heat stress. They all think they are supermen at that age and its up to the adults to keep them safe. South is lucky he didn't go down early in the game.

GO REBS!!!!

As far as the ambulance goes, I'm suspecting that they had to call it in and then the ambulance had to arrive?

As far as getting there quick, Washington County has a 10 minute ambulance service, county wide. You could be deep in Harmony or Fall Branch, and it will be there in 10. Sullivan has a 12 or 13 minute service. No idea about Greene County. Again, ambulance might have been off somewhere else on a call, who knows. But I always thought they kept an ambulance at the game "just in case" something goes bad. Anyway, hope he is doing OK.

As far as the ambulance goes, I'm suspecting that they had to call it in and then the ambulance had to arrive?

As far as getting there quick, Washington County has a 10 minute ambulance service, county wide. You could be deep in Harmony or Fall Branch, and it will be there in 10. Sullivan has a 12 or 13 minute service. No idea about Greene County. Again, ambulance might have been off somewhere else on a call, who knows. But I always thought they kept an ambulance at the game "just in case" something goes bad. Anyway, hope he is doing OK.

Yeah the trainers worked on a him good 5-10 minutes before they called the paramedic from the sidelines...you could hear the ambulance leave the garage from the stadium....it just over on Summer street like a mile from the field. Response time was very good but yes there is usually an ambulance at the field. As far as the comment about the 15 minute wait,Reb425, it was in response to your whining about .....Quote.... " Tough game for our mighty Rebels last night. Hats off to a VERY tough opponent! Disappointed with the play calling! It appeared from the stands that the boys were ready to go for it on 4th down but coach opted to go for the field goal. Too bad all that pressure was put on that kid".

Yes i played football an i fully understand its ok to play if your hurt or sick but you can DIE from dehydration, it happens every year to high school football players, an i hate to say it but it could have happens Friday. Playing with a broken finger or with a cold is ok but playing when there is a darn good chance you are going to dehydrate is stupid.

I have to say it was one heck of a game. There is no doubt that these two teams are two of the best in East Tn. The thing I do hate to see is very loyal fans and students tanrnish this great game bickering after its over. We all love our team and most can compliment another team when they are better. So please (and I am not pointing any fingers) let the bickering stop.

It was a good game, bad calls were made or not made on both teams. Since this is the first time our kicker has ever played football, we were afraid he would get nervous. There are a lot of facts about each team that is know by their fans. That makes us worry for our players and teams. But we make posts with that knowledge, and it makes no sense to anyone else.

And yes KEVO was a great player with a heart bigger than most. With that said we Greene Devil fans know that we would do almost anything if only he could play agian.

Enough said. Go Devils, Go Rebels (until we meet agian)lol