FCS @ Clay County

I haven't heard a clear cut problem with Markham but he is on the sideline wearing bluejeans, just like the Alsup kid that they have at Quarterback. I imagine it might have been a little harder to stuff that run game with all three of them wearing pads.

I agree that no one should under estimate their opponents and that was not a good thing if they did. You keep saying that FCS never thought that Clay County would be in the game, well i don't know any reason to think that they should have. I can look back on it and say "wow they are better than i thought" but i doubt even clay county fans would have said that they could put up 25 of FCS.

Target? what target? I mean c'mon last year was FCS's shot, this year it is all Gordonsville, or Jo Byrns. Oh Mt. Pleasant, yeah this is their year. It's no fun being the target, we will let somebody else do that this year.

Well anyways, i honestly do wish clay County the best for the rest of this year. It only goes to help the case of 4-1A being the Toughest region in 1A.

I met John 2 yeras ago when he was an 8th grader. He is a fine young man and I wish him the best.

As for the 25 points you speak of....several people from Clay Co. told me that they thought they could beat FCS which I thought was pretty funny but low and behold they knew what they were talking about. Like I said 2 or 3 plays was the difference. The one that comes to mind was when Clay went for the first down on their own 10 yard line and came away empty. I thought it was a very gutsy call by coach Brown but I'm sure he thought he could make it. Of course you didn't know that since you were probably in your dorm room getting ready for sat UT and Southern Miss. All you heard from someone was that you had 6 turnovers but Clay Co. caused a few of those.

Like I said Friendship was very lucky to get out with a win.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't have a whole lot to say about the FCS games or make excuses for their showing, but, Juicy continues to say that FCS was lucky to win. Clay Co. had 4 total yards of offense and 1 first down at halftime, but 12 points. FCS fumbled the ball in the endzone on a good play by the linebacker for the 1st TD. Next, a punt by Clay Co. hit a FCS player in the head off the bounce, which they recovered on the 10 yd line. QB made a good throw on 4th down to connect for the 2nd TD. Next, in the 3rd Quarter FCS fumbled on a good play by Clay Co., which they recovered on the FCS 10 yd line again. First play they scored. At this point in the game Clay Co. had 18 points on approximately 30 total yards of offense and 1 first down. In the 4th quarter Clay Co. put together a good drive that ended in a TD. All in all the FCS defense dominated the game the whole night, but turnovers and injuries were costing them. Clay Co. played a great game and are 1000 times better, but to say that they should have won or that FCS was lucky is ridiculous. Hats off to Clay Co. and I wish them the best because they will surprise some people this year. If FCS can get healthy and work on the mistakes, then they will be fine.

I usually don't have a whole lot to say about the FCS games or make excuses for their showing, but, Juicy continues to say that FCS was lucky to win. Clay Co. had 4 total yards of offense and 1 first down at halftime, but 12 points. FCS fumbled the ball in the endzone on a good play by the linebacker for the 1st TD. Next, a punt by Clay Co. hit a FCS player in the head off the bounce, which they recovered on the 10 yd line. QB made a good throw on 4th down to connect for the 2nd TD. Next, in the 3rd Quarter FCS fumbled on a good play by Clay Co., which they recovered on the FCS 10 yd line again. First play they scored. At this point in the game Clay Co. had 18 points on approximately 30 total yards of offense and 1 first down. In the 4th quarter Clay Co. put together a good drive that ended in a TD. All in all the FCS defense dominated the game the whole night, but turnovers and injuries were costing them. Clay Co. played a great game and are 1000 times better, but to say that they should have won or that FCS was lucky is ridiculous. Hats off to Clay Co. and I wish them the best because they will surprise some people this year. If FCS can get healthy and work on the mistakes, then they will be fine.

So what's your point !!!! Do you win if you have the most yards or more points ? You just said for yourself that Clay Co. caused the mis q's by FCS. I don't consider that luck myself. That's what you call making plays. Clay Co. just didn't make enough of them.

Clay Co. scrimmaged LA back in the early part of the year and each team ran 10 plays. 9 of those plays LA smashed their mouth's pretty good but on the 10th play the QB hit his receiver for a TD. So having the most yards means nothing. Making plays and scoring points is how you win. And FCS finally did in the later part of the game.

Did you see the game ? I did. And if Clay's DE's hadn't of squeezed down on 2 QB bootlegs......they probably win the game.

I wasn't at the FC game Friday night but was not surprised that the defending STATE runnerup's & Region 4 CHAMPS FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN struggled with Clay Co early. FC lost a ton of Sr. leadership from last years team on both sides of the ball and are a relatively young team that seem to be searching for some leadership among the current players. They will improve as the season progresses and will be alot deeper as a result when their starters heal and return for the 2nd half of the regular season & the playoff stretch. They've had several injuries in the past month at the skilled positions with Markham (rb), Alsup(Qb), and several starting linemen getting injured during the preseason.

I've stated in previous post that Clay Co. is a program where the right coaching staff could do big things in 1A despite being in Region 4. They have always had good athletes and in years past (1980's) they were a perenial 1A playoff contender. During those days no one wanted to go on the road to Celina come November. They had rabid fan support, big physical teams and a great coaching staff and a winning tradition. They were actually a better 1A program (when there were only 3 classes and no DivII) during that span than anyone (including Hartsville) in Middle Tennessee other than maybe G-ville under Medley. At some point in the late 80's or early 90's Celina's coach got sick, resigned, and eventually passed away and the program fell off. Now apparently it is on the way back!!! Congrats to the new staff on a good game plan and great execution against FC!!! The only way to answer whether it was luck will be to back it up against other playoff contenders in Region 4 and earn a spot in the playoffs. One thing is for sure, no one will overlook you now when preparing.

As for FC, alot of lesser coached teams would have left Celina with a loss Friday night. It would have been easy to fold up the tents after getting behind early 12-0 on the road with so many quality starters sitting out (please refer to TC 2006--by the way congrats to coach Webster and Watertown 2006 and 2007--thought he said he'd get you "next year") and just blame it on injuries. A lesser coached staff might have said "oh well we'll get em next year" or just accused the competition of recruiting new or better players.

The Commanders didn't!! Somehow they managed to pull together, dig deeper, and found a will to win and keep the dream alive!!! Congrats to both Celina and FC on a good game!

So what's your point !!!! Do you win if you have the most yards or more points ? You just said for yourself that Clay Co. caused the mis q's by FCS. I don't consider that luck myself. That's what you call making plays. Clay Co. just didn't make enough of them.

Clay Co. scrimmaged LA back in the early part of the year and each team ran 10 plays. 9 of those plays LA smashed their mouth's pretty good but on the 10th play the QB hit his receiver for a TD. So having the most yards means nothing. Making plays and scoring points is how you win. And FCS finally did in the later part of the game.

Did you see the game ? I did. And if Clay's DE's hadn't of squeezed down on 2 QB bootlegs......they probably win the game.

Juicy,

Sorry things have started so slowly for your team(s). Maybe if you had traveled to Kingston rather than Celina your beloved Livingston might have fared better than the blowout that occured last Friday. Or maybe if your administration and parents had gotten behind their former coach they would not have fallen off the face of the earth in football and you would be interested in what LA did rather than CC and FC. Either way LA is very weak 3A team that apparently should have been scrimaging and scheduling some 4a and 5a teams and trying to improve rather than playing the little ole 1A and 2A teams like Clay Co, TC, G-ville, SC etc. You would think you guys could fare better against the bigger boys than your recent showings against us poor little 1A's and 2A's.

Also with your teams record you might want to invest in some season tickets at Clay Co, Smith Co, G-ville, TC or FC cause their teams gonna win and be playing long after the Hogeye have started basketball practice!

Yes, I was at the game and at no time did I worry about the out come because it was apparent that Clay Co. could not move the ball on FCS. My point is this. Clay Co. made plays on defense, mainly because they sold out all night long with their blitzing. This is why the outside backers you speak of squeezed in on the QB keepers. They did it all night, but it is a matter of time before a good team starts ripping off big plays, which is why the Bulldog opportunistic defense gave up 41 points. Also, FCS was not lucky to win, which you stated earlier. Clay Co. played with tremendous effort and capitalized on FCS turnovers, but the better team over came 6 turnovers (1 in the endzone and 2 inside the 10) and still won by more than 2 td's, without 6 starters.

Like I said Friendship was very lucky to get out with a win.

I can agree with you on most things but on this we are appart.

Oh, and for the record, i was not in my dorm room preparing for the UT Southern miss game, i was at a frat house preparing for the Ut Southern Miss game. I will be venturing down to possumtown to watch some of the games but i looked at the schedule and saw clay county. They score last year was 76-6, heck FCS scored 42 points in the second quarter along and 69 by half. What possible reason would i have had to come home and watch that?

It turned out to be a closer game than anticipated. FCS still won. Your continued use of the word lucky is annoying. How does a team give up 6 turnovers (three of them inside their own ten from what orangecrush says) and then win by three touchdowns? How is that lucky?? How?

Regardless, i honestly don't care about this game anymore. FCS won. The way i was taught is that you try to win every game by a point, anything more is just bonus. FCS won, great job to FCS players and coaches for overcomming what i am sure was a very frustrating evening. Focus on your next game.

Good job to Clay County, as much as i think there was luck involved for you i gotta admit that i would have thought FCS could have given you ten turnovers and it still would have been a slaughter. Take the same mentality from this game against the Waterwings and Montery and you may very well earn yourselves a playoff spot. Best of luck.

Juicy,

Sorry things have started so slowly for your team(s). Maybe if you had traveled to Kingston rather than Celina your beloved Livingston might have fared better than the blowout that occured last Friday. Or maybe if your administration and parents had gotten behind their former coach they would not have fallen off the face of the earth in football and you would be interested in what LA did rather than CC and FC. Either way LA is very weak 3A team that apparently should have been scrimaging and scheduling some 4a and 5a teams and trying to improve rather than playing the little ole 1A and 2A teams like Clay Co, TC, G-ville, SC etc. You would think you guys could fare better against the bigger boys than your recent showings against us poor little 1A's and 2A's.

Also with your teams record you might want to invest in some season tickets at Clay Co, Smith Co, G-ville, TC or FC cause their teams gonna win and be playing long after the Hogeye have started basketball practice!

Juicy, maybe LA should start recruiting!!!

Volzchamp, can't stand it when someone might have different or maybe even a better opinion of the game than you..I wasn't there, so don't ask. But, you play both sides of the ball. So what if the defense makes plays for your offense, isn't that part of the game. I bet if FC forced 6 tos, you'd be WOW we really stuck it to em on defense, right? And why drag LA into this??? Just hope FC's program doesn't fall by the wayside, things could come full circle.

Volzchump............I believe that's how your neighbors from the east refer to you. Yes LA has a very young team. They also have played the hardest schedule the past 2 years than all the 3A teams in the entire state. And it pretty much seems to be the same ole tune this year. I wish your team played this schedule ......then we would see just how good you all are. Don't down grade LA just because you almost got your tails beat by a team you beat by a score of 118 to 6 the past 2 years.

As for playing those teams like TC. We all know much tradition they have had over the last 40 years or so. Even when they moved up to 3A they competed with the bigs and won. So they have always fielded good teams thru out the years. We'll see how well you fair with them. Also GV called wanting to scrimmage after White Co. canceled. We'll see how well you fair with them. And the best for last Smith Co. Why don't you all play them ?? I believe they would take you guys to the wood shed for a good whipping. But we will never find out will we.

I wish you all would make up some more excuses why you played so bad at Clay Co. That has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard.... here'sa school that has access to the best things you could offer an athlete ....and last year winning the Silver with most of the main players back...whining about this and that playing against a school with 30 or less players...with only 3 coaches and should have got beat.

Ponder on this for a minute.....it wasn't that you lost so many players from last year...that 2/3 of your back field didn't play or that you beat this same school 76 to 6 just last year.....I believe that it was the new coach and how he got his kids believing that they could actually win. Know that's is football to me. Sort of reminds me of the Movie Hoosiers!!! Give those kids and their coaches some respect ...I believe they earned it don'r you.

Volzchump............I believe that's how your neighbors from the east refer to you. Yes LA has a very young team. They also have played the hardest schedule the past 2 years than all the 3A teams in the entire state. And it pretty much seems to be the same ole tune this year. I wish your team played this schedule ......then we would see just how good you all are. Don't down grade LA just because you almost got your tails beat by a team you beat by a score of 118 to 6 the past 2 years.

If you wanna throw around stats lets look at these LA 27 Competition 110 thus far in the season. Or how about this one 1-12 over your programs last 13 games. Witha record like that I'm surprising RBS isn't calling and trying to get you guys on the schedule, what with you love of playing down in classification and all.

As for playing those teams like TC. We all know much tradition they have had over the last 40 years or so. Even when they moved up to 3A they competed with the bigs and won. So they have always fielded good teams thru out the years. We'll see how well you fair with them. Also GV called wanting to scrimmage after White Co. canceled. We'll see how well you fair with them. And the best for last Smith Co. Why don't you all play them ?? I believe they would take you guys to the wood shed for a good whipping. But we will never find out will we.

FC played a preseason schedule tht included White House Heritage (undefeated), Sycamore 2-1(3A), and Warren Central KY (4A). In their regular season they will play at least 9 teams that will have a better winning percentage than LA and possibly 10 if RBS and MJCA win more than their game against each other.

I wish you all would make up some more excuses why you played so bad at Clay Co. That has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard.... here'sa school that has access to the best things you could offer an athlete ....and last year winning the Silver with most of the main players back...whining about this and that playing against a school with 30 or less players...with only 3 coaches and should have got beat.

You asked what happened at CC and we simply gave you answers as to why FC trailed early but won by 16. There were no excuses from my post on Clay Co. In fact I mentioned their program and how good it was in the past and that I thought their coaches had a good game plan and the kids executed it well and that they had things back on track apparently. Now if you would like for me to disect your teams gme plans I can but you probably wouldn't like the answers.

Ponder on this for a minute.....it wasn't that you lost so many players from last year...that 2/3 of your back field didn't play or that you beat this same school 76 to 6 just last year.....I believe that it was the new coach and how he got his kids believing that they could actually win. Know that's is football to me. Sort of reminds me of the Movie Hoosiers!!! Give those kids and their coaches some respect ...I believe they earned it don'r you.

Most definitely they earned FC's respect!!!