FCS @ Clay County

Both sides just move on. Good job to Clay County, you suprised them and sent a message to the rest of the region that you aren't a mercy rule team.

Good job to FCS, you woke up in time to win the game and mabey learned something for the rest of the season. it's always a good thing to play your one bad game of the season and escape with a win, just don't let it happen again.

Now, since this board is already turning into FCS fans getting defensive, one Clay County fan accusing FCS of recruiting, and my personal favorite the two guys arguing about livingston academy (who by the way i loved watching the Bluecross bowl two years back), can we just move on to the next weeks games?

Clay County plays Red Boiling Springs in a battle of the bulldogs and as much as i want the Red bulldogs to put a W on the board we will just have to see how that plays out.

FCS renewes an old rivalry from the 90's when they visit DCA.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volzchump...TNDeveloper...Pujo....Orangecrush....whoever you are today that's pretty funnyright there...I don't care who you are. Make fun of LA all you want if it helps you get past all this. Why throw LA in this is beyond me. But now you throw RBS...and MJCA into the mix. Glad to know all FCS fans aren't like you guys.

Disect LA all you want to your not going to find out anything we don't already know. All I can say is that you don't hear me crying and making excuses like you and your co-horts have after a game. BTW the game was at LA and Kingston just kicked our tails good. But I would like to think that the shoe will be on the other foot in the near future. LA's next game will be at Knox Catholic the no. 1 team in the state. Pretty much the same results from Friday night. Then YAI ..Austin East..Scott Co. ..AC ..Stone..and close out with Fulton. Have you possumtowners ever heard of Knox Fulton. So yes 1 win in the last 13 is not to surprising. But our kids just keep fighting and competing.

Good luck to FCS hope they can win a gold ball. I was just excited for a group of kids from Clay Co. that don't have much in way of material things going against a 1A powerhouse like FCS that has everything for it's athlete's. Sorry if you fans took that any other way. It was like David vs. Goliath.

I'll see what I can do there Volzchump about getting our coach to schedule FCS or even scrimmage them next fall. After all surely you guys can beat LA everybody else has.

Did I yank your chain,don,t think so juicy.

No you didn't but I yanked yours. After all you were one of the first I noticed to slice the Dawgs up by saying the record won't change much. Try not to be so positive next time in your predictions. Maybe Clay has found a good coach that knows how to win. He didn't win last week but the Dawgs improved 300%

Has the record changed much after two games,If I need a answer I will be glad to pull your chain.

Pull all you want but I don't have the answers. I do have plenty of opinions ...but you know what they say about them. I thought that you were making the assumption that since the Dawgs were pounded the last few years that it would pretty much be the same this year. Sort of like FCS did last week. WAKE UP ...Clay Co. has what they call a football coach. Do you know what one of those are. I know you and the last coach were sort of good friends...maybe you and the new one can become even closer.

Pull all you want but I don't have the answers. I do have plenty of opinions ...but you know what they say about them. I thought that you were making the assumption that since the Dawgs were pounded the last few years that it would pretty much be the same this year. Sort of like FCS did last week. WAKE UP ...Clay Co. has what they call a football coach. Do you know what one of those are. I know you and the last coach were sort of good friends...maybe you and the new one can become even closer.

Your last coach was a blow hard and no we were not friends,and I would wait a little longer before saying Celina has them a coach.

yes clay county played a heck of a ball game, but we have 2/3 of our running attack out on the side lines. alsup just had knee surgery about 4 days ago and is gonna be out for a little bit. we had a sophomore quarterback playin for him thats never started at that postition in a varsity game. markham is rehabin his knee should be back in a couple of weeks. our defense shut them down the whole game and couldnt get by our defensive line. fcs made little mistakes and we also had injurys. we have 4 starters out right now and once we get them all back we will be a tough team i still dont think clay county wouldve had a chance with all of our starters. they have gotten a lot better over the last 2 years the new coach must have made a change for the better. they played us tough but couldnt get any offense going. good luck with your season clay county

I just want to say Rickaway showed alot of heart and character that game. After losing Markam and Alsup and have to the load put his back he really stepped up 4 touchdowns and 249 yards

WHAT.....either you're kin to him or you weren't at the game.......how bout the 2 fumbles inside the 10 yd line...one for a clay co TD.....and if the Clay Co. coach hadn't gone for 1st down on his side of the 50 the momentum would STILL be with his team and FC would have a big ole "L"......that was brilliant

WHAT.....either you're kin to him or you weren't at the game.......how bout the 2 fumbles inside the 10 yd line...one for a clay co TD.....and if the Clay Co. coach hadn't gone for 1st down on his side of the 50 the momentum would STILL be with his team and FC would have a big ole "L"......that was brilliant

That's what happens when you stick ( HIT ) people with the ball. They want to crawl up under a rock. Rickaway is a great runner..but he's like most if you hit them they shy away. While watching the replay Clay Co. DEE was popping him pretty good and he wasn't running it up in there like he normally would.

I made a comment about coach Brown going for it on 4th down in an earlier post. It was no doubt a gutsy call. But I think he figured if I punt it FCS gets it on his 30 or it could have been blocked or whatever if we don't make it what's 20 yards. After all the DEE is popping them pretty good. But what if they make the first down. Momentum stays with Clay. That's just my evaluation..and I am in no way an a authority on football...but I was just trying to figure his logic which I think is right on. What did Clay Co. have to lose. They wasn't even supposed to be in the game especially the way FCS beat them in previous years.

You couldn't have caught them at a better time coach but the news spreads fast. TC..Watertown..GV..and Monterey won't get caght with their britches down. But what else is new I'm sure you have been there and done that before. Good Luck to you and the players.