FCS @ Clay County

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss something? I can't believe no one has had any comments on the FCS/Clay County game Friday night.

Attention Region 4 1A the Clay Co. Bulldogs are for real and FCS almost found it out the hard way. After 3 and a half quarters FCS was shocked but finally pulled away for the win. I watched the replay today and was really impressed with the way coach Brown and staff have the Dawgs playing. Clay had 2 or 3 plays that if had gone their way could have won this game. It really amazes me how much the Dawgs have improved over the last 2 years. The athlete's have always been there .......I guess the Dawgs have finally gotten a coach that will get Celina football back to where it used to be.

Aren't you lucky.

I don't want to get in a spitting contest with you FCS fans but you all are the ones that got lucky. Apparently your team came in here thinking that it was going to be like it has been the last few years. Seems to me you came to a gun fight carring a knife. Lucky for you the Dawgs ran out of bullets.

Attention Region 4 1A the Clay Co. Bulldogs are for real and FCS almost found it out the hard way. After 3 and a half quarters FCS was shocked but finally pulled away for the win. I watched the replay today and was really impressed with the way coach Brown and staff have the Dawgs playing. Clay had 2 or 3 plays that if had gone their way could have won this game. It really amazes me how much the Dawgs have improved over the last 2 years. The athlete's have always been there .......I guess the Dawgs have finally gotten a coach that will get Celina football back to where it used to be.

FCS gave Clay County 6 turnovers (one of them was in the endzone for a clay county touchdown) and Wasn't the score 41 - 25? To me that sounds like you got all the plays that you could have possibly needed to win the game.

You didn't get killed by an FCS team that is missing 2/3rds of its running attack, good for you. That is far cry from being able to challenge for the region title, or even a playoff spot. This region is crowded this year, and i don't see any room in the playoffs for a black and gold bulldog.

FCS gave Clay County 6 turnovers (one of them was in the endzone for a clay county touchdown) and Wasn't the score 41 - 25? To me that sounds like you got all the plays that you could have possibly needed to win the game.

You didn't get killed by an FCS team that is missing 2/3rds of its running attack, good for you. That is far cry from being able to challenge for the region title, or even a playoff spot. This region is crowded this year, and i don't see any room in the playoffs for a black and gold bulldog.

Nobody said anything about Clay making the play-offs. I was just saying for 3 and a half quarters the Dawgs stuffed your running game up your nose. Rickaway finally broke a long one. You have to expect that from a back as good as him. What's wrong with John Markham... I thiught he was the heir apparent when Rickaway graduates.

Like I said you all got the WAKE -UP CALL that might help you guys get that gold ball. Don't never under estimate your opponent. I mean come on you guys never thought that you would be in a game with Clay Co. after the way you handled them in the past. If you didn't then I feel sorry for you because somebody will hit that TARGET that's on you back.

Nobody said anything about Clay making the play-offs. I was just saying for 3 and a half quarters the Dawgs stuffed your running game up your nose. Rickaway finally broke a long one. You have to expect that from a back as good as him. What's wrong with John Markham... I thiught he was the heir apparent when Rickaway graduates.

Like I said you all got the WAKE -UP CALL that might help you guys get that gold ball. Don't never under estimate your opponent. I mean come on you guys never thought that you would be in a game with Clay Co. after the way you handled them in the past. If you didn't then I feel sorry for you because somebody will hit that TARGET that's on you back.

I haven't heard a clear cut problem with Markham but he is on the sideline wearing bluejeans, just like the Alsup kid that they have at Quarterback. I imagine it might have been a little harder to stuff that run game with all three of them wearing pads.

I agree that no one should under estimate their opponents and that was not a good thing if they did. You keep saying that FCS never thought that Clay County would be in the game, well i don't know any reason to think that they should have. I can look back on it and say "wow they are better than i thought" but i doubt even clay county fans would have said that they could put up 25 of FCS.

Target? what target? I mean c'mon last year was FCS's shot, this year it is all Gordonsville, or Jo Byrns. Oh Mt. Pleasant, yeah this is their year. It's no fun being the target, we will let somebody else do that this year.

Well anyways, i honestly do wish clay County the best for the rest of this year. It only goes to help the case of 4-1A being the Toughest region in 1A.

You tell us,since you just joined less than an hour ago.

Actually, I just re-joined due to some technical difficulty. Hadn't been on in so long, couldn't remember password and couldn't get it because e-mail changed. Anyway, just couldn't believe no one had taken the chance to do a little ribbing of FCS about that game. My hat off to Clay County. They played a great ballgame. Bravo to those boys and their new coach. FCS made a lot of mistakes, but even so, the bulldogs played great. FCS went in over confident and it almost bit them in the butt. No other region team should overlook Clay County that's for sure. For the record, my blood runs Green and Gold...but again...kudos Bulldogs!

Actually, I just re-joined due to some technical difficulty. Hadn't been on in so long, couldn't remember password and couldn't get it because e-mail changed. Anyway, just couldn't believe no one had taken the chance to do a little ribbing of FCS about that game. My hat off to Clay County. They played a great ballgame. Bravo to those boys and their new coach. FCS made a lot of mistakes, but even so, the bulldogs played great. FCS went in over confident and it almost bit them in the butt. No other region team should overlook Clay County that's for sure. For the record, my blood runs Green and Gold...but again...kudos Bulldogs!

It's good to see somebody from FCS give the Dawgs their props. I think the Dawgs should be proud of their effort against one of class A best teams. Coach Brown should be commended for getting his players to believe in his system and believe that they can play with the state's best teams. I still believe that they have a shot at the play-offs if they can stay healthy.