Shannon MS at JCM

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More info on the QB. This is from last week. The more I look the worse my stomach feels.

#

MICHAEL LEDBETTER

Shannon l Football

# By the numbers: Ledbetter completed 26 of 31 passes for 339 yards and five touchdowns (four to William Green) as Shannon beat West Point 36-35. Ledbetter and Green also hooked up on the winning two-point conversion with 11 seconds remaining.

# Coach-speak: "When Michael's healthy, I think he's one of the better quarterbacks in the state," Chad Cook said. "He's been in this offense since seventh grade. He can read defenses."

# The 411: Ledbetter, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound C-L Top 125 senior, passed for 1,198 yards in 2006 before a season-ending knee injury in Week 8.

# Born: Sept. 19, 1988, in Tupelo

# TV show: Family Guy

# Movie: Titanic

# Restaurant: McDonald's

# NFL player: Michael Vick, Falcons

# Celebrity dream date: Beyonce

# QB High: Ledbetter is the latest in the long line of standout quarterbacks for the Red Raiders, a list highlighted by Romaro Miller and Ken Topps. "I've got a lot to live up to if I want to match or go beyond what they did when they were playing," Ledbetter said.

I graduated from Shannon back in 1978, in fact my father was the head coach there for years. I keep up with them pretty well.

I would say you are going to have your hands full with the Red Raiders. They are always explosive on offense, and this year is no exception. I think they returned something like 9 of 11 starters on defense. They should go far into the playoffs this year, as they do most years.

Shannon is an established program with a winning history. I would love to come see that just to visit the home folks!

For what possible reason could we be playing this game? Why schedule them?? The YANKER is concerned!! A powerhouse team from another state is not what we need just before our game with Liberty!!! What do you think VG?? I AM THE WORRIED YANKER!!!!!

I have no idea how we ended up playing Shannon or why Shannon would be coming to Jackson. If they are a good team I will look on the positive side and say that playing good competition will only make us better.

I graduated from Shannon back in 1978, in fact my father was the head coach there for years. I keep up with them pretty well.

I would say you are going to have your hands full with the Red Raiders. They are always explosive on offense, and this year is no exception. I think they returned something like 9 of 11 starters on defense. They should go far into the playoffs this year, as they do most years.

Shannon is an established program with a winning history. I would love to come see that just to visit the home folks!

Thanks for that info Riverdale. I`m still looking for a website that might have some info on their past records. In my search, I have found that there are several former Shannon players currently playing college football. Any more info on the team or links to websites would be greatly appreciated. Do you know what the website is for the Mississippi equivalent of the TSSAA is? As a fan, all I know about them is what has been posted on this thread.

Thanks VG

I have no idea how we ended up playing Shannon or why Shannon would be coming to Jackson. If they are a good team I will look on the positive side and say that playing good competition will only make us better.

In a typical year, this would probably be one of those "great interstate matchups" that everyone would be looking forward to. JCM just happens to be a little less "JCM-like" this year. This isn't the JCM team with Borner, Hogsett, and company.

This link may help:

http://hsmississippi.scout.com/

The link in the previous post is a good one. There are forums just like on CoachT, and a lot of good information is on there.

I don't know if Shannon has a web site devoted to past teams. They have at least one state championship and several deep trips into the playoffs over the past 10-12 years. Always seem to have a great QB and good skill people. They moved from 3A to 4A several years ago.

They are ranked pretty high in the latest polls.

Mississippi has some pretty good teams, most notably South Panola. I think they have the current longest winning streak in the nation at over 60 games and at the 5A level. Shannon is not at that level, but they are certainly a top team in MS 4A. JCM better be in shape!