V-T Game

bigpoppa31

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well put Cap..and I would have to agree with your selection with no disrespect to Mason, because he is a great athlete and he would be an outstanding target as a TE or a wide out for that matter..but no matter it would be nice to see both on the field at the same time in some aspect. JMO

after tonights game.. I am doing a complete 180 on my opinion on the QB spot..just hope the coaches agree so we can get some continuity on this team.

after tonights game.. I am doing a complete 180 on my opinion on the QB spot..just hope the coaches agree so we can get some continuity on this team.

After tonight I would have to agree??¦although I do think that Mason can contribute in other areas. Bottom line IMO, either could do better than both??¦if you know what I mean!

I have to add that although it seems to be sufficient by the end of the game??¦this play calling is driving me nuts!!! It seems as if the play calling is geared more to wearing our opponent down instead of taking control of the game early. We don??™t look for the big play unless it??™s absolutely necessary. It??™s worked for us so far but it??™s way to conservative for my taste. Of course if I were calling the plays we probably wouldn??™t need a punter. Fourth and twelve...go for it!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> So I??™m probably not the best one to judge this tactic. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

After tonight I would have to agree??¦although I do think that Mason can contribute in other areas. Bottom line IMO, either could do better than both??¦if you know what I mean!

I have to add that although it seems to be sufficient by the end of the game??¦this play calling is driving me nuts!!! It seems as if the play calling is geared more to wearing our opponent down instead of taking control of the game early. We don??™t look for the big play unless it??™s absolutely necessary. It??™s worked for us so far but it??™s way to conservative for my taste. Of course if I were calling the plays we probably wouldn??™t need a punter. Fourth and twelve...go for it!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> So I??™m probably not the best one to judge this tactic. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Was there a score in this game?

I have a strong response to your post A269…but for the sake of not being a distraction I will wait till after the game. BUT….I will say that your “JUNIOR classification” argument is WEAK to say the least! What ever happened to the good-ol-days when the best man wins!!!? With that said….lets go kick some Bearcat tail!!!!!

Gee….I hope it stops raining for the game.

Actually cap it has been S.O.P. to let the more senior player start at THS since Powers, Keller, Crop, Dotson, and Hundley except when there is a decided edge. Also, Canty stepped into the West game early in the 1st series and continued the drive into the red zone when the qb got speared in the side of the head proving he could step into a bad situation in a huge game. He also led them on at least 3 more trips to the red zone and a few mini drives. The other qb has no such feathers in his cap. Flash forward to this season and Canty is at the helm for 80 or 90% of the offense generated in the DB game despite alternating on every series. At that point scoring a point for senority and time in the system, a point for proven leadership in a big game, and a point for actual offense generated and it's 3 to nothing or on a ten point must system it's 30 to 5 or so. Taylor may have potential but he would have to have that decided edge in a game. Canty should have taken most of the practice snaps after the DB game as he won the job in that game. If there still was doubt, the 1st series of the east game with Canty and a good drive and the 2nd drive with 3 procedure penalties in a row to begin should have sealed it at that point. Taylor simply isn't ready yet despite his potential. Last night was the same. We did not comment on this [at first] because we did not want to add controversey and there still is a disclaimer because the coach may have talked to them and may be trying to get the younger qb game ready with a plan to use Canty in a receiver position. Time is getting critical though.

well... what sealed the deal for me was (the jitterbug feet in the pocket and the questionable choices with the ball and lack of accuracy) 90% of the time there was no rush to speak of. Just plain and simple Mason just has a cooler head under pressure. granted he is a little more experenced , but not by alot.

Don,t get this wrong I am not slamming Taylor by any means, he just needs a little more seasoning. Everything just seems to flow better with Mason, the timing of the offence is better, I mean anytime you have two diffrent cadence there are going to be more penaltys it can,t be helped... well mabye it can ,but never the less the get my meaning. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And Cap... yes the the play calling..well you and I both know Stubbs ball is all about field position and Defence....like it or not it seems to work 90% time. But like you I believe this team could or should be a quick strike Offence if wanted. Time will tell... im just glad it was the bearcats and not south or the Hill we were playing last night that would have been ugly /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

well... what sealed the deal for me was (the jitterbug feet in the pocket and the questionable choices with the ball and lack of accuracy) 90% of the time there was no rush to speak of. Just plain and simple Mason just has a cooler head under pressure. granted he is a little more experenced , but not by alot.

Don,t get this wrong I am not slamming Taylor by any means, he just needs a little more seasoning. Everything just seems to flow better with Mason, the timing of the offence is better, I mean anytime you have two diffrent cadence there are going to be more penaltys it can,t be helped... well mabye it can ,but never the less the get my meaning. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And Cap... yes the the play calling..well you and I both know Stubbs ball is all about field position and Defence....like it or not it seems to work 90% time. But like you I believe this team could or should be a quick strike Offence if wanted. Time will tell... im just glad it was the bearcats and not south or the Hill we were playing last night that would have been ugly /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

That's what we mean by offense generated and a whole lot more. Many variables go into offense generated and Canty is getting it and the other is not. Still Coach may have some secret plans. He might even disguise some defenses and go tight man here and there. There has been receivers in the past that have hurt us with their height. Would like to see some well executed last second all-out blitzes and tough, tight man coverage here and there against certain qbs and receivers. Who knows?