V-T Game

bigpoppa31

Reread the post. The 50 to 20 yrs, ago refers to us that post under this name. The other board posters are referred to separately in a seperate sentence and we noticed that you jumped on them too. We confer and although one writes the post it is by concensus. We rarely post, never make predictions, never bragg, and never trash a program. We have been gone so long from the program that we are emotionally detached and also consider ourselves purists. We don't have a dog in the fight. We get the impression that the other posters are 10 yrs. and less out of the program and we don't know them. Yes some of us are old. I have 2 seeing eye dogs and a wheelchair with a honda moter and that has a nitrous button. There is a dozen of us locally and many more out of state however it is the locals that decide when, where and what we post. There is generally 6 of us at a game but almost always there is at least 2 of us at a game. There was a long drive on the first series and a shorter drive at the end of the 1st. half. Canty was the qb on both and there were no other drives in the first half and although he made mistakes at the end of them he had the chemistry with the team to produce those drives. But we don't want rehash this because of the controversy and this seems to be more about you than anything else. Your west, johnson city was way off so it is obvious you make serious misjudements yet anyone that dares to disagree with you incurs emotional wrath. We had a long talk this evening and regret a short post that we made. We just have that feeling that the coach has long range plans for Canty on offense and defense where he can make a big impact on both and are hoping that Taylor will make strides quickly. The post we made wanted Canty to start and stay out there. But we pose this question; is it critical that we beat jc? Would it be more important to develop Taylor at qb and Canty as a receiver on offense and a smart defensive player that can read the qb and step in front of a receiver on a slant in when the qb thinks we're blitzing? We pose to you that in the south game and the playoffs if they develop, the team will be a more dangerous team. Food for thought!! Oh by the way, just kiddig about the dogs and the chair. Once again we want to remind you that we posted to let Canty know that we respected him, appreciated him, and supported him while knowing the prevailing opinion and felt he deserved that support.

WHAT THE HECK!!!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> What is this…the Borg off of Star Track?!!! Does anybody else find this post strange? This crap sounds like an episode off of Heroes or something. Why don’t you grow a sack, give us a brake with the freaky posts, and just tell me what U think about the situation and cut out all this “WE” crap! Don’t your friends have computers? I’m sorry that just strikes me as weird. And please don’t think I’m attaching you. It just sounds like you…or “WE” is just taking these boards a little too serious. If you think that last little spill about “WE” impressed anybody or gave your words more credit I’ve got news for ya. In fact it had quiet the reverse affect…for me anyway. “50 to 20 years out of the program”, “We have been gone so long from the program that we are emotionally detached”, “We don't have a dog in the fight”….you weren’t being purists when you made these statements if you thought that they would qualify you as knowing what you are talking about. I too am 20 years out of the program and I do have a “dog in this race”, and have had one for the last five years and haven’t missed a game since the 03’ season. I have gotten to know and understand Coach Stubbs (maybe not personally but professionally) and I’ve grown to admire his accomplishments year after year. I have watched he and his staff grow the Tennessee High football program to a level in MANY ways that I don’t think it has ever been (his record speaks for itself). If you or “WE” are an ex-THS coach you have to stand in admiration because with the exception of a very few...the THS record book belongs to STUBBS BALL and this ex-Viking has no problem admitting it!!! By having a “dog in the race” for this period of time, I not only know what goes on in the games and in the huddle, but also the practice field and the locker-room and in the classroom. I have also been VERY cordial with MANY of the players and their families and have followed there sports carriers (for lack of a better word) since they have been in elementary school. I’ve watched many of them go from boys, to the young men that they are now not just on the field but in their everyday lives. If you or “WE” have read any of my post history you have probably come to the conclusion that I’m not the most “politically correct poster” and I say what I mean and mean what I say. If I feel even my own team is slacking in an area I have no problem in expressing my opinion….I simply call it like I see it. So whose opinion is better educated mine or “WE”??? It’s up to the readers to determine. Does it matter to me what they or “WE” think about my posts….absolutely. Will it hurt my feelings if they or “WE” don’t like or disagree with my post? What do you...excuse me..."WE" think!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to answer a few points that Old Vike brought to light.

Your west, johnson city was way off so it is obvious you make serious misjudements yet anyone that dares to disagree with you incurs emotional wrath.Sometime my posts are wishfull thinking and if you read the follow up post on the SHHS vs MoWest thread you would see that. I will say that every game has to be played and not even ???WE??? has a crystal ball.

We just have that feeling that the coach has long range plans for Canty on offense and defense where he can make a big impact on both and are hoping that Taylor will make strides quickly.Hello??¦you think!!! I asure you that the coaching staff have plans to make their team better whatever it takes??¦I don??™t think it has anything to do with Mason specifically.

But we pose this question; is it critical that we beat jc?

My answer to that is YES it is critical. Maybe it??™s not critical in winning the Conference Championship??¦but is that truly our goal? I feel that in order to truly compete outside our conference and be a real contender for (what I feel to be the ultimate goal) a State title, then it is critical that we compete and even win games with SHHS and DB. Why else (from a coaches point of view) would we have them on our schedule?

Would it be more important to develop Taylor at qb and Canty as a receiver on offense and a smart defensive player that can read the qb and step in front of a receiver on a slant in when the qb thinks we're blitzing? We pose to you that in the south game and the playoffs if they develop, the team will be a more dangerous team. Food for thought!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I??™m not sure if ???WE??? even realize it??¦but THAT IS WHAT I??™VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG!!! For some reason the word Moron is bouncing in my head??¦.and no I??™m not calling ???WE??? a moron??¦but if the shoe fits. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hellooo...If WE and the rest can stop this PI%%ing contest for a sec..mabye someone could shed some light on Taylors concussion sustained Monday in practice... am told by a couple people he might be out for a good while ..I think a kids health is a little more important than who's opinion is the best or worst ...Jeez! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I feel this has been one of the main concerns for the coaching staff and probably a big reason they haven??™t committed one way or the other up till now??¦Taylor is injury prone??¦always has been. I??™m still trying to get a good answer on what happened with the concussion??¦but I have to admit that it sounds a little weird to me. Bottom line is that this is going to give Mason the perfect opportunity to prove his case??¦.center stage against Unicoi. It don??™t get much better than that. This debate may be over after this game??¦at least I hope it will. We need as much momentum as possible if we intend on having a chance against SHHS. If you think Jones from Virginia High was a work horse wait till you see Solomen. If you haven??™t seen this kid play you will be impressed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope Taylor is ok. I know it's never a good time for injury...but this is probably the worst time for him to be out with injury if he wanted to contend for the starting position.

I feel this has been one of the main concerns for the coaching staff and probably a big reason they haven??™t committed one way or the other up till now??¦Taylor is injury prone??¦always has been. I??™m still trying to get a good answer on what happened with the concussion??¦but I have to admit that it sounds a little weird to me. Bottom line is that this is going to give Mason the perfect opportunity to prove his case??¦.center stage against Unicoi. It don??™t get much better than that. This debate may be over after this game??¦at least I hope it will. We need as much momentum as possible if we intend on having a chance against SHHS. If you think Jones from Virginia High was a work horse wait till you see Solomen. If you haven??™t seen this kid play you will be impressed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope Taylor is ok. I know it's never a good time for injury...but this is probably the worst time for him to be out with injury if he wanted to contend for the starting position.

Yea..I hope he is OK also. Not to sound cold or anything, but I hope the debate is over also after this game or at least till next year.

Yea ..I ve seen him play first hand and he,s the real deal, best back we'll will see this year for sure.

WHAT THE HECK!!!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> What is this…the Borg off of Star Track?!!! Does anybody else find this post strange? This crap sounds like an episode off of Heroes or something. Why don’t you grow a sack, give us a brake with the freaky posts, and just tell me what U think about the situation and cut out all this “WE” crap! Don’t your friends have computers? I’m sorry that just strikes me as weird. And please don’t think I’m attaching you. It just sounds like you…or “WE” is just taking these boards a little too serious. If you think that last little spill about “WE” impressed anybody or gave your words more credit I’ve got news for ya. In fact it had quiet the reverse affect…for me anyway. “50 to 20 years out of the program”, “We have been gone so long from the program that we are emotionally detached”, “We don't have a dog in the fight”….you weren’t being purists when you made these statements if you thought that they would qualify you as knowing what you are talking about. I too am 20 years out of the program and I do have a “dog in this race”, and have had one for the last five years and haven’t missed a game since the 03’ season. I have gotten to know and understand Coach Stubbs (maybe not personally but professionally) and I’ve grown to admire his accomplishments year after year. I have watched he and his staff grow the Tennessee High football program to a level in MANY ways that I don’t think it has ever been (his record speaks for itself). If you or “WE” are an ex-THS coach you have to stand in admiration because with the exception of a very few...the THS record book belongs to STUBBS BALL and this ex-Viking has no problem admitting it!!! By having a “dog in the race” for this period of time, I not only know what goes on in the games and in the huddle, but also the practice field and the locker-room and in the classroom. I have also been VERY cordial with MANY of the players and their families and have followed there sports carriers (for lack of a better word) since they have been in elementary school. I’ve watched many of them go from boys, to the young men that they are now not just on the field but in their everyday lives. If you or “WE” have read any of my post history you have probably come to the conclusion that I’m not the most “politically correct poster” and I say what I mean and mean what I say. If I feel even my own team is slacking in an area I have no problem in expressing my opinion….I simply call it like I see it. So whose opinion is better educated mine or “WE”??? It’s up to the readers to determine. Does it matter to me what they or “WE” think about my posts….absolutely. Will it hurt my feelings if they or “WE” don’t like or disagree with my post? What do you...excuse me..."WE" think!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Cap, reread the 1st post. We stated our position clearly, you disagreed with it. We gave our reasons: senority, offensive production when he was in the game, chemistry with the receivers[long balls in the db game]. We also included a disclaimer because coaches have to take the long view sometimes. We did not feel that Taylor was ready yet and said so. We felt that for these reasons Canty should be the qb. After much discussion we decided that the 2 qb plan would work and give Taylor the valuable experience he needed to get game ready. We never said he was ready yet for the job so that is not what you you have been saying. At the same time we could see where Canty could be a weapon on defense and offense making the team a more dangerous team by the end of the season. Now, a few of us do not own computers and or have access to the internet and all of us feel that if all the compuers were burned it would make no difference to us. We like that old-fashioned phone and get-togethers. Next, everybody thinks the Coach is excellent and we don't know what caused that diatribe on that. We stated that we regretted one short post but it was not for the reason you infer. It was because we had changed our minds and thought the 2 qb system could still work for the time-being with the possible exception of the jc game and decided that a loss to them would not be disasterous. We can only hope that Taylor recovers quickly and will be ready for that game. Now as far as people liking a post or not we have taken the minority position but took it willingly because we felt that Canty know that some of us disagree and felt that we should let him know that we appreciate him and are glad he is playing and wish him the best of luck and that he has a great game.

Cap, reread the 1st post. We stated our position clearly, you disagreed with it. We gave our reasons: senority, offensive production when he was in the game, chemistry with the receivers[long balls in the db game]. We also included a disclaimer because coaches have to take the long view sometimes. We did not feel that Taylor was ready yet and said so. We felt that for these reasons Canty should be the qb. After much discussion we decided that the 2 qb plan would work and give Taylor the valuable experience he needed to get game ready. We never said he was ready yet for the job so that is not what you you have been saying. At the same time we could see where Canty could be a weapon on defense and offense making the team a more dangerous team by the end of the season. Now, a few of us do not own computers and or have access to the internet and all of us feel that if all the compuers were burned it would make no difference to us. We like that old-fashioned phone and get-togethers. Next, everybody thinks the Coach is excellent and we don't know what caused that diatribe on that. We stated that we regretted one short post but it was not for the reason you infer. It was because we had changed our minds and thought the 2 qb system could still work for the time-being with the possible exception of the jc game and decided that a loss to them would not be disasterous. We can only hope that Taylor recovers quickly and will be ready for that game. Now as far as people liking a post or not we have taken the minority position but took it willingly because we felt that Canty know that some of us disagree and felt that we should let him know that we appreciate him and are glad he is playing and wish him the best of luck and that he has a great game.

There seems to be little black helicopters flying around bristol. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />