Karns vs. Powell

osunut2

This has been a bizarre start to the season for Powell this year. Granted, they've shutout 2 weak opponents (Campbell County & Lenoir City), they are still playing 100 times better than anyone thought they would. Karns will be a good measuring stick for Powell this week, and I think this will be a close game. Karns hasn't impressed me that much, but they did have a convincing win against LC, before falling to Morristown East and Sevier County. What are everyone's thoughts on what we've seen so far, and what are some of your thoughts on what we might see in the coming weeks?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one would've ever thought that Powell would be 2-0 that convincingly. Powell is averaging 38 pts. a game on O and 0 on D. They've scored higher in both games (35 and 41) than any game last year where the most the scored was 28. Also they've doubled their shut outs already from last year. This new offense and 2 platoon system must be working for Powell. We'll see how well it works against higher quality opponents as the face Karns and next week they take on powerhouse Maryville.

I am amazed. Granted, I had not actually seen Powell scrimmage or practice. I just relied on the reports from those who had. To this point Lowe appears to have done a great job. Campbell County might not be that good, but they did beat Jefferson County. And to hold two opponents scoreless looks pretty dad gum good, I don't care who you are.

I think the thing finally helping powell which I have said this the past 4 years, This TEAM is just that an actual team, the coaches are not letting 1 player do everything and only relying on 1 or 2 guys. This is what has been needed and it is actually working. I look forward to watching the game at karns.

Great point! That was always the Achilles' heel for Powell in the past. It's great to see these guys relying on each other, rather than one or two star players.

I am mad I didnt get to go, but this was my brothers last weekend before leaving for a year and a half in the good ole Iraq. OSU are you gonna go to Karns, i should be there

Aw man, I didn't realize he was heading back so soon. Yeah, I should be there on Friday. I'll let you know for sure later this week.

What do you guys think about the expectations versus what we've seen so far? I thought Powell would be 3-7 or 4-6 this year, and I assumed they would win their first 2 games. At this point, I'm still not sure what we will see from here on out, but I do think they will post wins against Karns and Clinton. South Doyle and Anderson County are tossup games. I'm still not convinced they can beat Halls, Central, Maryville, or West. It's early, but after Friday's game, we should have a better idea as to how this team will perform in the big games.

What do you guys think about the expectations versus what we've seen so far? I thought Powell would be 3-7 or 4-6 this year, and I assumed they would win their first 2 games. At this point, I'm still not sure what we will see from here on out, but I do think they will post wins against Karns and Clinton. South Doyle and Anderson County are tossup games. I'm still not convinced they can beat Halls, Central, Maryville, or West. It's early, but after Friday's game, we should have a better idea as to how this team will perform in the big games.

Powell will win and move to 3-0. They have maybe 2 more wins on the schedule.