Carter vs. AE

MineyHaole

Tadvols, I am not affiliated with Carter, only a fan of the region...but I do appreciate the moral victory there, it will be one to remember for generations to come. ruse?, I agree with you that AE is one of the most physical teams in the area, they have never been afraid to hit. I also agree with you that Carter will not be able to keep the Roadrunners from scoring. I especially see AE scoring at least 2 TD's off of special teams or Defensive scores. I am going to say that AE beats Carter by 3 touchdowns...34-14. As to my second point in this topic, I do hope for a closer game just to see a new East Knox rivalry start. I like the atmosphere when I attended the Bearden/Farragut game last fall, and I would love to see that start up on the East side. I know that AE and Fulton have a pretty darn good rivalry, but being a Region 1 fan, I am pulling for this one to errupt.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the AE/ Catholic game one thing is clear- AE can run the ball a lot better than they can throw it. While they are dangerous in both aspects, the run game is what will spell disaster for the hornets. Carter's defense is weak at linebackers and while they have a good d-line on paper, they haven't shown it thus far in a game. I hope that this will be a close game and that the Hornet offense can keep them in it. I can't wait to go to the game and get some of those famous chicken wings (Thank you for playing Carter this year). Alone those wings make a blowout game great.

AE takes this one easily. 35-7. Carter is very inexperienced this year and AE's speed will exploit all those deficiencies. Watts and Jones will bring the d-backs up to stop the run and then Montgomery will have his break out game against Carter. It may be close at halftime but its pretty apparent that Carter cant stay with good teams for four quarters because they insist on playing 16 man football. AE rules this one................

After the AE/ Catholic game one thing is clear- AE can run the ball a lot better than they can throw it. While they are dangerous in both aspects, the run game is what will spell disaster for the hornets. Carter's defense is weak at linebackers and while they have a good d-line on paper, they haven't shown it thus far in a game. I hope that this will be a close game and that the Hornet offense can keep them in it. I can't wait to go to the game and get some of those famous chicken wings (Thank you for playing Carter this year). Alone those wings make a blowout game great.

A-E had 22 yards rushing and 188 yards passing vs Catholic.

A-E had 22 yards rushing and 188 yards passing vs Catholic.

I must have misread the paper, I apologize. I still believe that AE will be able to run the ball better on Carter's defense then they will throwing it. I think the possibility of rain hurts Carter worse than AE, just because Carter is a better passing team then they are running. I think the rain will make it a sloppy game with a lot of turnovers. I just hope it isn't a blowout and that a new rivalry can begin in east knox.

AE can run the ball. They were pretty balanced against Webb (530 yds. total), and Webb traditionally plays pretty good D. The Watts kid is going to be nasty to catch in the rain. If I were AE, it'd be Jones off tackle, Watts on the edge, and when Montgomery drops back, it's only to decide which way to run the draw. He can run, just not throw on the run. Long strides, eats up yardage. If I'm Carter, I look to strip that thing anytime I can get two on a carrier. Have to cause turnovers as wellas take advantage of mother nature. Miney, it's gonna make rain like on the leeward side, ya? OK brudda.

Tadvols, I am not affiliated with Carter, only a fan of the region...but I do appreciate the moral victory there, it will be one to remember for generations to come. ruse?, I agree with you that AE is one of the most physical teams in the area, they have never been afraid to hit. I also agree with you that Carter will not be able to keep the Roadrunners from scoring. I especially see AE scoring at least 2 TD's off of special teams or Defensive scores. I am going to say that AE beats Carter by 3 touchdowns...34-14. As to my second point in this topic, I do hope for a closer game just to see a new East Knox rivalry start. I like the atmosphere when I attended the Bearden/Farragut game last fall, and I would love to see that start up on the East side. I know that AE and Fulton have a pretty darn good rivalry, but being a Region 1 fan, I am pulling for this one to errupt.

Miney,

No rivalry here ... 41-0 ... man that sounds like some of those Fulton/ Carter games the past few years ... maybe it was close at halftime for that moral victory ... region 1 will never be able to hang with region 2 ..FACT ... Carter will go on to probably win region 1 and again get it handed to them in 1st round of playoffs .. it will be a good moral victory for them to make playoffs .

Tadpole, what the heck is a moral victory? Unlike baseball, in football sometimes you win and sometimes you lose (there's a winner or loser even when it rains) but there are no moral victories. You play whoever is on your schedule (with a large portion of that schedule dictated by whatever region the TSSAA assigns you to). If you win enough games you qualify for the playoffs and if you do that, you've had a better season than most of the other teams in the state. Only one team in each division goes home a winner, everybody else goes home with a loss in their last game of the year. And by the way, never is a long time and things change over time; that, grasshopper, is a fact.