Prayers Needed

GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an update -

There was a prayer/candlelight vigil held last night after the volleyball game and probably over 100 (mostly students) attended. It was a good time to begin the healing process. His family was there (man, what a strong Christian testimony his Dad displayed!) and there were a lot of laughs reminiscing about Evan. Obviously, he was a funny kid(!) that touched a lot of lives in his short time here. Coach Sorrells said a word of encouragement and it was good to see the students be so loving and supportive toward one another. Before departing to our respective homes, we sang 'Amazing Grace' and had a collective prayer, led by a couple of local Christian young men. There were lots of hugs! And, sadly, lots of tears. But...like his older brother said, there's a lesson in this tragedy: maybe others will learn that no matter how bad the situation, there's always a better way to deal with whatever problem a person has.

Last night was a good night. Please continue to pray for the family. They're gonna need it in the days ahead.

Just as an update -

There was a prayer/candlelight vigil held last night after the volleyball game and probably over 100 (mostly students) attended. It was a good time to begin the healing process. His family was there (man, what a strong Christian testimony his Dad displayed!) and there were a lot of laughs reminiscing about Evan. Obviously, he was a funny kid(!) that touched a lot of lives in his short time here. Coach Sorrells said a word of encouragement and it was good to see the students be so loving and supportive toward one another. Before departing to our respective homes, we sang 'Amazing Grace' and had a collective prayer, led by a couple of local Christian young men. There were lots of hugs! And, sadly, lots of tears. But...like his older brother said, there's a lesson in this tragedy: maybe others will learn that no matter how bad the situation, there's always a better way to deal with whatever problem a person has.

Last night was a good night. Please continue to pray for the family. They're gonna need it in the days ahead.

I wish I had known about that but I guess if I had been a good Do Bee and been at the volleyball game I wouldn't have missed it. After they have had time to rest, is there a way you let the family know about this board so they may be comforted by the ones that continue to pray for them? As you said, I can't imagine what they must be going through. I hurt for their loss and I've also added a memoriam for Evan to the Bobcats Fanpage Thanks.

I wish I had known about that but I guess if I had been a good Do Bee and been at the volleyball game I wouldn't have missed it. After they have had time to rest, is there a way you let the family know about this board so they may be comforted by the ones that continue to pray for them? As you said, I can't imagine what they must be going through. I hurt for their loss and I've also added a memoriam for Evan to the Bobcats Fanpage Thanks.

Thanks for mentioning this, GBCat2. I hadn't even thought about doing that (DUH!). It certainly should be an encouragement to them, if nothing else. Also, his brother, who, by the way, was very well spoken last night, said he was putting Evans' personal stuff on his MySpace page (I don't do MySpace, so I can't be of very much help there...) and encouraged all present last night to view it and post stuff to it (???). I'll mention it to my daughter and maybe she can get the message to the family. Visitation is today (2 -9) and the funeral is tomorrow at 2, I think, at Parkway Baptist Church in Goodlettsville (ironically, the preacher there is a good friend of mine).

The family was overwhelmed by the number of people last night. As I said, it was a good thing to see and be a part of. I'm sorry you (and maybe more) didn't know. I think it was kind of impromptu.

Thanks again for starting this topic; it needed to be done...whether here or whereever.

*Thanks, CoachT, too.