Halls vs. Gibbs

littlemn88

Dayton and Kitts pad thier stats this week. Dayton will be up for player of the week. This is the perfect game to gain confidence before we go into the tough part of our schedule. We shouldnt be down after last week anyways, we were actually closer than I had thought we would be against Central. Next week everyone will be on here talking about how we are going to beat west because we looked so good. Just like how they got excited after we beat SC

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain likely will favor Halls. Air Gibbs may be grounded by this monsoon.

The running game and offensive line play will be the big difference. I don't see the big score every one predicts. If I remember last year Cooper and Dayton set this game on its head. Cooper's gone and so has the long pass. I see a very conservative game due to the weather. Halls still has it. Even with Gibbs being better this year.

Halls 28 Gibbs 17

Rain is an equalizer, and I agree with you Baseballmad that the score may be a bit lower than previously thought. I disagree with you about the passing, though. If it is raining and pouring, the pass is definitely hindered. However, if the field is wet and sloppy with poor footing, but there is no rain, passing can be the best thing to do. Remember, the receivers know where they are going, the defensive backs do not. So if the rain passes by gametime, leaving only a sloppy field, the pass may be the key to the game. As long as the Mighty Gibbletions hold onto the ball and don't shoot themselves in the foot, this may end up being a 1 touchdown game. Stranger things have happened.

The Wes Kitts show tonight with maybe just a little help from his friends mainly the OL. The OL got the respect tonight and big time. I can't wait to see how many running yards we ended up with. 36-7 and the defense didn't let them score it was a miscue on special teams.

I have never seen a more dominant performance from both the offensive and defensive lines. Hughes,Leonard,Blair,etc. was so impressive Gibbs couldn't even begin to get their aerial game on track. I lost track on all the sacks, hurries, knock downs,etc. A confidence boost before the West Rebels visit this week. This picks me up from the Central let down. I hope they continue this awesome line play next week.

Go big Red.

I am sorry I got there late..boys played very well and seen

Pixley do three touchdowns..Who did the first two?..I thick Zack Gibson..good game boys...proud of yall

Best of my knowledge here is a brief recap.

Gibbs 6 offensive series, No First Downs, One Fumble (Recovered by Ben Mcfalls), 2 picks(One by Gbson not sure on the second).

Halls total seven offensive series. S#1 three plays TD Gibby. S#2 seven plays TD QB Dowdy to Burton on wiggle Team went for two QB Dowdy keeps conversion good. S#3 TD Seven plays TD Pixley. S#4 Two plays Half ends. S#5 five plays TD Pixley. S#6 Two Plays TD Pixley. S#7 Two plays game ends.

Lets end this by saying good job on the front line in executing blocks needed to make bigs plays. The unit plays as a team.