Halls vs. Gibbs

littlemn88

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls needs to prepare for this week's game as if it is Maryville or Central. Any team coming off of a loss needs to quickly refocus and find their groove, or they can be snakebit again...like Michigan against Oregon. That being said, if Halls comes out and plays the way they are capable of playing, the JV should get quite a bit of work in Friday night. My prediction: If Halls focuses and plays with a purpose 42-7 Halls

If Halls is flat and does not take Gibbs serious 17-10 Halls in an ugly game

Halls needs to prepare for this week's game as if it is Maryville or Central. Any team coming off of a loss needs to quickly refocus and find their groove, or they can be snakebit again...like Michigan against Oregon. That being said, if Halls comes out and plays the way they are capable of playing, the JV should get quite a bit of work in Friday night. My prediction: If Halls focuses and plays with a purpose 42-7 Halls

If Halls is flat and does not take Gibbs serious 17-10 Halls in an ugly game

I agree. For Halls, it needs to become "standard operating procedure" to bring their best game and take care of business no matter who they are playing. If Halls takes it serious, it should be over early. Otherwise, it could be a turnover infested, ugly battle in the remnants of the hurricane.

Both teams are young. Halls has a much better OL/DL. QB bounces back, and Dayton returns 2 (1 punt, 1 KO) for the KO. Halls by 21+.

ruse?

I tend to agree. Dayton needs to step up this week. He has just missed running back a punt in the first two games. While Turner is still in a learning curve I think the OL will be effective for protection and this could be a confidence boost for him. Kitts and Waggoner should do the bulk of the offense especially if 60% rain or higher is forecast. Waggoner has been our big play back so far this year. Looks like a great athlete.

I see us playing basic and hoping for a couple of picks the other way. I see Caleb Leonard having a big night on defense. If we go down early like the Central game I will be very concerned. Clock management just wasn't evident the other night in the fourth quarter. The seniors have to step up and show leadership or we could be in for a sideways year. Other teams like Powell and South Doyle have improved so we have to be improving from week to week and not become stagnant.

Playing in slop almost always favors the underdog, which is Gibbs. A few years ago Gibbs played a favored Carter team in 2 inches of mud and handed the Hornets their rearends. With the impending rain this Friday, I think that Halls needed to work on ball-handling drills and holding onto a wet football. I am sticking with my previous picks...but I am feeling something in the wind blowing off of House Mountain that makes me lean towards the Screaming Golden War Eagles!