TOP TEAMS IN CLASS 3A

JTrain5264

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your crazy if you think Fulton is better than Knox Catholic. We (KC) are going to do play up to our potential this year in the playoffs, and be in the Class 3A Champs. That is a fact. Unlike the previous couple of years where we were in the top 3 all year and then fade away in the playoffs.

Guys Knox Catholic should win it all every year if they didnt lay eggs in big games.They are the best team money can buy.Catholic starts recuriting kids in middle school people you dont even know will come to you and start try to get your kid to come to catholic.BIG PROMISES ECT. The bosters do it that is why privites schools need to play with them selfs.Brentwood all over again but money talks and ######## walks.Fulton will most likely beat them in the playoffs if they can keep there players out of trouble.If the Knox County Schools drug tested like the Anderson County schools do a friend of mine that lives and works in knox school board said they might have trouble fielding teams.He said the grades dont matter to a lot of coaches its all about football and winning state.

Polls Are nothin' more than opinions just like what we have in this thread. Truth be told the opinions / straw polls on here are worth JUST as much as the AP or any publications polls. If you are a player, you'd best let the POLLS be he furthest thing from your mind come Friday night cause whoever you might be playin don't give a crap about how you are ranked! They ain't playn your rankin' they are comin out to kick your butt ! I put as much or more stock in what's said here than I do what comes out in the paper ! Press goes to your hed sometimes & guess what THERE GOES YOUR RANKIN"/ PLACE IN THE POLLS ! College football "Experts" are scratcin their heads RIGHT NOW except for the Top 4 -5 wouldn't you think ? Leave it all on the field on Friday night & leave the newspaper in the bathroom !

If fulton and ae drug tested and made them have grades to play Fulton /A E would not ever make playoffs.

That's funny. Austin East Football team since 1999 has had over 96% graduation rate with anly 6% of them receiving special ed diploma. Also Austin East has no pass no play policy. Last year they had several players that missed 3 games due to this policy including the first round of the play-offs. You are not allowed to play until that F becomes a C. Not to mention Austin East signed 9 guys to college athletic scholarships. And averages 5 each year. Not to mention the number of their seniors that go on to college on their on. That requires more than just grades also ACT/SAT test scores. I am pretty sure Fulton can say the same thing. In all of the extracurricular activities at the school they ranked #3 in GPA ( includes chess club, art club, golf and cross country). AE head coaches encourages kids to try to test out of special education and receive a regular ed diploma. They don't start practice until 5pm due to study hall after school. As far as drugs, I don't think AE has a problem. I am pretty sure if their staff or administration new about it they will deal with it. You don't hear much about AE players getting in trouble for drug charges. Despite how the news tries to depict AE, they just don't have a lot of these problems. Go to the school you will see something totally different than portrayed. All high schools have problems and kids that make the wrong decsions, I am pretty sure AE and Fulton does. From what I know and heard about the type of coaches they have, it will not be tolerated.

That's funny. Austin East Football team since 1999 has had over 96% graduation rate with anly 6% of them receiving special ed diploma. Also Austin East has no pass no play policy. Last year they had several players that missed 3 games due to this policy including the first round of the play-offs. You are not allowed to play until that F becomes a C. Not to mention Austin East signed 9 guys to college athletic scholarships. And averages 5 each year. Not to mention the number of their seniors that go on to college on their on. That requires more than just grades also ACT/SAT test scores. I am pretty sure Fulton can say the same thing. In all of the extracurricular activities at the school they ranked #3 in GPA ( includes chess club, art club, golf and cross country). AE head coaches encourages kids to try to test out of special education and receive a regular ed diploma. They don't start practice until 5pm due to study hall after school. As far as drugs, I don't think AE has a problem. I am pretty sure if their staff or administration new about it they will deal with it. You don't hear much about AE players getting in trouble for drug charges. Despite how the news tries to depict AE, they just don't have a lot of these problems. Go to the school you will see something totally different than portrayed. All high schools have problems and kids that make the wrong decsions, I am pretty sure AE and Fulton does. From what I know and heard about the type of coaches they have, it will not be tolerated.

Although I don't agree with the statement that oppressed238 said, most kids that play football will graduate no matter where they are. If you are elegible to play all four years then you will be pretty close to graduating by the time you finish you senior year of football. That means eveyone would have a high rate of graduation. As for the 9 guys to athletic Scholarship, that is very misleading. 7 of those where not athletic scholarships, but other scholarships such as grants in aid, minority scholarships, etc. Although that is a great number to send to college, and says alot for kids getting help to go to school, but they were not true athletic scholarships.

The magnet program allows for more financial money to pay for clubs and things that most other schools cannot afford. That is sort of like saying that Farragut has the highest GPA in Russian Language in the East Tennessee area. They are the only ones that have it. I know many schools have Chess, and Art, but the financial support from being the "Magnet Program", takes away the cost that many can not afford.

AE has an outstanding group of kids that work hard.

Guys Knox Catholic should win it all every year if they didnt lay eggs in big games.They are the best team money can buy.Catholic starts recuriting kids in middle school people you dont even know will come to you and start try to get your kid to come to catholic.BIG PROMISES ECT. The bosters do it that is why privites schools need to play with them selfs.Brentwood all over again but money talks and ######## walks.Fulton will most likely beat them in the playoffs if they can keep there players out of trouble.If the Knox County Schools drug tested like the Anderson County schools do a friend of mine that lives and works in knox school board said they might have trouble fielding teams.He said the grades dont matter to a lot of coaches its all about football and winning state.

depressed238.

Your post is the epitome of perception, and not even close to reality. Fulton, and winning if they keep players out of trouble, AE, and drug testing, Catholic recruiting, etc. Flame away depressed, flame away.

ruse?

Although I don't agree with the statement that oppressed238 said, most kids that play football will graduate no matter where they are. If you are elegible to play all four years then you will be pretty close to graduating by the time you finish you senior year of football. That means eveyone would have a high rate of graduation. As for the 9 guys to athletic Scholarship, that is very misleading. 7 of those where not athletic scholarships, but other scholarships such as grants in aid, minority scholarships, etc. Although that is a great number to send to college, and says alot for kids getting help to go to school, but they were not true athletic scholarships.

The magnet program allows for more financial money to pay for clubs and things that most other schools cannot afford. That is sort of like saying that Farragut has the highest GPA in Russian Language in the East Tennessee area. They are the only ones that have it. I know many schools have Chess, and Art, but the financial support from being the "Magnet Program", takes away the cost that many can not afford.

AE has an outstanding group of kids that work hard.

Thank you for enlightening us, but I think you are wrong in the number. Josh Hinch, Ashford Johnson, Charlie McCaleb all went to an NAIA school in Kansas, although NAIA and Division 2 don't neccesarily have athletic scholarships they do set aside money from the athletic program. My buddy coach Dragg was at the signing and seen their grant in aid and they recieved football money. Also Jaren Troutman who was offered scholarships from TSU, UT Martin (withdrew his commitment when cade thompson transferred) and Jacksonville State, also signed to play with a NAIA school. He too receives football money which may not say football money. If you know his family he wouldn't go there unless everything was paid for. Not to mention Anthony Anderson. That is 5. Sterlin Hensly was offered a football scholarship to SCState but decided to go to UT on a academic scholarship. I knew that others were offered from the football programs but the offers were for the smaller schools that didn't have things like fraternities, etc. But I knew at one time they had 9 kids offered money form football programs. That still is great. And like you said these guys still have to make the grades to have a chance to get in school and to get scholarship money. Those scholarships have to have criteria. Also Fulton has had some great kids there that have continued with their education. 3 State championships, they are doing something right. Usually when you are good at one thing you usually take care of business in everything.

Top 10 in Class 3A (After Week 4)

1.) Knoxville Catholic

2.) Lipscomb

3.) Station Camp

4.) Dyersburg

5.) Fulton

6.) Pearl Cohn

7.) Giles Co.

8.) Jackson South Side

9.) Howard

10.) Seymour

Un-Lucky 13 Just Outside the Top 10

Austin East, Polk Co., McMinn Central, Meigs Co., White House, Greenbrier, Marshall Co., McNairy Central, Haywood, Fayette Ware, Bolivar Central, Ripley, & Dyer Co.