topvol98

Who Wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Sevier Co will come to Johnson City with a well coached team that lost a ton of great players from last years team. What has been there problem this year? I think that most of Science Hills problems have been percieved because of the excitement of the fans and the new coach. I believe that the team is improving and it could be a very explosive team but some consistency is needed from the offense and being able to finish drives. The big play is great but imposing your will kills teams.

I have to agree with noonesfool concerning the line play. I know Science Hill's O-line has been going against a great defense in practice everyday and breaking down practice and game film to get better. Our O-line hasn't arrived yet, but we have come a very long way. I am proud of you guys.

Its quit simple . . . if our O-line continues to improve and give our fine stable of running backs (Duanah, Kinley, Canepa) holes to run thru and protect our THROWING and running QB(Hill), it could be a long night for the Smoky Bears.

I know Sevier has lost a lot of players from last year, but the fine coaching and good athletes are always a major threat.

P.S. I'm just glad Mr. Watson is at Tennesse Tech this year.

I know that Sevier Co will come to Johnson City with a well coached team that lost a ton of great players from last years team. What has been there problem this year?

Unfortunately this edition of the Smoky Bears has a plethora of problems plaguing them.

The long and short of it:

Untimely penalties, turnovers and a general lack of execution by the offense as a whole.

Inexperienced QB who has had trouble with his decision making.

QB who has thrown more pick sixes than touchdown passes.

Possession type Wide Receivers who have trouble possessing passes.

Lack of speed and true playmaker at the wide receiver position.

Above defencies result in a one dimensional run offense that is more easily defended.

Poor offensive play puts defense in constant peril.

Poor offense results in extended playing time for the defense.

Prolonged field time provides more opportunities to expose our inexperienced secondary.

Prolonged field time also exposes lack of depth and ultimately wears down the many two-way players.

All of these deficiencies came to a head last week against a good West team in one of the worst performances in many a season. The team looked very dejected and almost broken during halftime and after the game. Fustrations and tempers were understandably running high. Hope the coaching staff can rally the team and not lose these young men.

Before the season I assumed this team would struggle to make the playoffs even with Region 1 being down. So far I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Toppers by two touchdowns.

Unfortunately this edition of the Smoky Bears has a plethora of problems plaguing them.

The long and short of it:

Untimely penalties, turnovers and a general lack of execution by the offense as a whole.

Inexperienced QB who has had trouble with his decision making.

QB who has thrown more pick sixes than touchdown passes.

Possession type Wide Receivers who have trouble possessing passes.

Lack of speed and true playmaker at the wide receiver position.

Above defencies result in a one dimensional run offense that is more easily defended.

Poor offensive play puts defense in constant peril.

Poor offense results in extended playing time for the defense.

Prolonged field time provides more opportunities to expose our inexperienced secondary.

Prolonged field time also exposes lack of depth and ultimately wears down the many two-way players.

All of these deficiencies came to a head last week against a good West team in one of the worst performances in many a season. The team looked very dejected and almost broken during halftime and after the game. Fustrations and tempers were understandably running high. Hope the coaching staff can rally the team and not lose these young men.

Before the season I assumed this team would struggle to make the playoffs even with Region 1 being down. So far I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Toppers by two touchdowns.

Sounds like our season opener.

Sevier Co.'s biggest issue right now is an offensive playmaker at either the QB or WR spots. Coach Brewer likes to throw the ball around and right now the players on both ends of those passes are average. While Helton is a good kid, he isn't a big time playmaker. SCHS's best success has come with playmaker under center (see Shane Kelly and Corey Watson).