Daniel Boone @ Volunteer

formerblazer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you guys are safe over at Volunteer. I hope everyone arrives safely and both teams do their best this Friday.

A know a few Volunteer parents that were very upset today, and I'm glad that all is okay at your school now. IT's a shame our kids can't go to school and be safe. Nothing is more important than our kids ,and something like this reminds us of that real quick.Good luck to both teams friday night.

Very impressed. I forgot how big those Church Hill boys were. Could not stop #32. Whenever they needed him to go, they just opened him up a big ol' hole and he went. Stopped our running game, or at least slowed it down enough to make us throw. Several dropped balls, also. Also stopped our play action passes with great outside containment. Finally had to stand in the pocket to get the pass off.

Only two highlights for Boone:

1. The first drive, which ended in a long TD pass to Nick Jones.

2. Calvin McCray, who I was told would never play again, sneaking in on special teams. Volunteer punted in the 1st half to Masters and when it looked like the first man downfield for the Falcons was going to nail him for no gain, POW!, from nowhere, #9 came over and knocked the taste out of that guy's mouth. Great to see you out there Calvin.

Calvin McCray, who I was told would never play again, sneaking in on special teams. Volunteer punted in the 1st half to Masters and when it looked like the first man downfield for the Falcons was going to nail him for no gain, POW!, from nowhere, #9 came over and knocked the taste out of that guy's mouth. Great to see you out there Calvin.

Ought to add here, that a benefit concert to help with Calvin McCray's staggering medical bills will be held on September 30th at the Appalachian Fairgrounds in Gray, TN, featuring the country group Little Texas. Tickets are $15 reserved seats, $10 dollars gen. admission.

I have learned one thing.................

Possibly the worst place to watch a high school game?

Volunteer.

Don't get me wrong, the Volunteer fans and students were great, and their players, well, they kicked our butts, I won't make excuses.

I'm talking about no parking, cramped space between the gate and the concessions, and most of all, what's with the "no one allowed on the track" deal? If you don't even have visitor's stands, and not enough seating capacity for an average high school football game, you could at least let fans stand around the track and watch, since it doesn't obstruct anyone's view.

Less than 5 minutes into the game, we had 4 students thrown out of the stadium, their only offense being stepping onto the track in front of our cheerleaders and student section to wave a Boone flag after our TD. No warning to stay off the track, just thrown out.

Next, a Volunteer fan, dressed in what appeared to be some type of gorilla suit and a Volunteer jersey stepped onto the end zone to fire the VHS crowd up, on the opposite end of where Volunteer scored, and he was literally chased down, tackled, and handcuffed. Lighten up!

Then, our four students who had been tossed for the heinous crime of stepping on the track left, and parked along the road outside the stadium behind the end zone, where there were already 15-20 other cars parked, and stood on their vehicle so they could see the game from a distance. When our student section saw this, they began cheering them. Of course, when Roscoe and Enos and co. spotted this, they dispatched 2 cruisers to confront them and make them leave, even though other fans were out there watching the game as well.

To the team and fans at Volunteer, congratulations on a solid win.

To the administration and deputies, get a grip. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />