Daniel Boone @ Volunteer

formerblazer

So I just don't get this wow this conference is really screwed up this year first cocke co. beats volunteer then boone beats greeneville then greeneville kills cocke county and volunteer beats boone. wow I guess the greeneville boone team showed up haha. Well best of luck to u in the rest of the season

Yeah, getting back to football, we just totally got taken behind the woodshed. Dominated on the line on offense and defense. I won't say Boone didn't show up, the Falcons' line just made it look that way. Apparently, Boone cannot matchup with this team, couldn't get it done last year, either. Hopefully, Boone will bounce back and learn from this one.

If Cocke Co. beat Volunteer, Volunteer beat Boone, Boone beat Greeneville, and Greeneville beat Cocke Co., then you know what that means?

It means those darn Morristown schools are in the driver's seat again................................

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, getting back to football, we just totally got taken behind the woodshed. Dominated on the line on offense and defense. I won't say Boone didn't show up, the Falcons' line just made it look that way. Apparently, Boone cannot matchup with this team, couldn't get it done last year, either. Hopefully, Boone will bounce back and learn from this one.

If Cocke Co. beat Volunteer, Volunteer beat Boone, Boone beat Greeneville, and Greeneville beat Cocke Co., then you know what that means?

It means those darn Morristown schools are in the driver's seat again................................

Don't go there yet. We may both go there together later, but not yet /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I didn't post that in anger. Why would I be angry? I wasn't involved in the slightest. And I do know the situation, I didn't make assumptions.

First of all, I understand what happened Thursday. Under the circumstances, yes, the school had to be locked down. As it turned out in the end, though, it was not as dangerous a situation as it was first feared to be. I think school officials handled it the only way it could be handled, OK? That being said, it was not Virginia Tech. The situation was over, and the perpetrator in custody.

Secondly, the first announcement about staying off the track came about 5 minutes after the boys were thrown out. There are signs at the bottom of the stairs, although there were several smaller kids sitting on the rail in front of the one below me. (Still, I saw it.)

Thirdly, nobody accused you of designing the stands, I simply pointed out that they were close to the gate, and maybe need to be bigger. Visitor stands of aluminum bleachers could still be easily installed on the opposing bank, although at an added cost because of the extra support beams, but hey, that's just an option.

Fourth, that's the only place I've been to a ballgame where no one was allowed on the track. Maybe it's not the only one, but the only one I can remember going to. That's crazy. Whatever the reason.

Fifth, although I didn't agree with it, I understand those boys were asked to leave. What puzzled me is why they were made to leave the roadside outside the stadium. Other cars were parked there for the entire length of the roadway, and people were sitting up in the backs of trucks in lawn chairs watching the game, but for some reason, these four were the only ones asked to leave. Now, why was that?

Sixth, how would I like it if someone went to a game at Boone, then made a post like this? Waaahhh. I can tell you because I know them, that the Coaches, AD, Principal, or Booster club Pres., would welcome the feedback. They want to know what people like and dislike about the experience, so they can make improvements. Not enough parking? They built a back gate to the stadium and utilized the church parking lot behind the stadium. There is even a picnic shelter for tailgating. People have posted on here about going to Boone, and thanks to the administration, it has been almost all positive.

Lastly, don't take it so personally. I said the game was great. Your team kicked our tails, plain and simple. The Volunteer fans are gracious, friendly, and they know their football. The facilities and rules just make it less fun than other schools. My opinion, that's all.

Nothing taken personally. Why were the four asked to leave ? Maybe they should answer that. We have been to

Boone and yes it is very positive, but unfortunately it may not be so at all instutations but hopefully some of this

could be changed. Sometimes we have to live with the situtation for a time. : /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The four were asked to leave because it was against that stadium/school's rule, it's as simple that. It may have been stupid, but it is their rule and should be upheld. (in my opinion some warning should have been given). If your wondering why they had to leave the outside of the stadium, the police threatened to charge them with "disturbing traffic flow" and threatened to arrest them.

Where's Cherokee in that equatoin lol?

ahh that cocke co. game was a fluke... if VHS would've came out rowdy and ready to play like the past 2 weeks it would've been 49-0..Dont take Volunteer lightly..like they've lucked up a few weeks..or that boone was having an off night..Volunteer is for real and very easily could been 4-0..granted they're not..but just as good as anyone in the conference..holding mitch masters to 8 yards rushing on 9 attempts..thats Volunteer DEFENSE!!!

If Volunteer is the "real deal" as you say, then shouldn't they be 4-0 like everyone was hyped up to believe? Most people in Church Hill expected VHS to win against S. East and Cocke Co. But they didn't. Shouldn't the "real deal" be defeating the not so real teams like East and Cocke?

And how can you say that Volunteer is just as good as anyone in the conference when they lost to Cocke County, one of the worst- if not the worst- team in the conference?

Something to think about.

If Volunteer is the "real deal" as you say, then shouldn't they be 4-0 like everyone was hyped up to believe? Most people in Church Hill expected VHS to win against S. East and Cocke Co. But they didn't. Shouldn't the "real deal" be defeating the not so real teams like East and Cocke?

And how can you say that Volunteer is just as good as anyone in the conference when they lost to Cocke County, one of the worst- if not the worst- team in the conference?

Something to think about???? Was not Boone rated 9th or 10th in the state? Were they not undefeated before coming to Church Hill? Can a team not improve as the season progresses? Now that is something to think about!!!!!

For the same reason Greenville won over South, the Falcons let down or were overconfient,whichever. But East

has a pretty good team Cocke Country played good ball and unfortunately with the two overtimes which ever

scored first won! GO FALCONS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />