Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

There have been a few posters that seem to think this game is a giveme. Were talking about playing a team that is pretty darn good and hungry. Their tired of losing to DB. They smell blood in the water. Its on their home field. We are struggling to even score one touchdown a game. Get the picture. I just hate to see some DB fans make fools out of themselves.

Amen...there are no gimme games for this year and all the opponents are seeing the opportunity to get there lick in against a team that has had a ton of success against them. Plus this defense has played well all year but you have to expect there will be a game were they have an off night as well...let's hope that wont be this week. Bottom line is the offense has to start pulling it's weight and there should be no excuse to averaging 11 points a game and no game having more than 1 offensive TD...they should be able to stumble to 11 points per game.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a few posters that seem to think this game is a giveme. Were talking about playing a team that is pretty darn good and hungry. Their tired of losing to DB. They smell blood in the water. Its on their home field. We are struggling to even score one touchdown a game. Get the picture. I just hate to see some DB fans make fools out of themselves.

With our offense at this point,there is no giveme game all year. I know we have the kids and I know we have the coaches to correct things and get going.I know the coach has made the team aware of the strenths this JC team has.We have got to go down there with respect for them but allso think were going to win. I wish the game was tonight ! Roll tribe

Sometime around the 5o'clock hour every Thursday. I'm sure he'd trade nuggets and tea for a fix to the offense any day.

My only day free is Sunday and they are not open on Sunday. Besides, if GC were to take his non-stubborn pills and be willing to change, the line would be longer than the womens bathroom line at Neyland. I'll hang up and listen to your call.

Enough with the whole sensabough kid, every year GC brings up a couple of freshmen for depth and i know chris does have a chance to get some carries as #2 and #15 are in every play, and we cant throw the ball but its not like hes the only freshmen thats ever been on varsity so everyone chill and lets talk about what we need to do to beat an improved JC team.

Enough with the whole sensabough kid, every year GC brings up a couple of freshmen for depth and i know chris does have a chance to get some carries as #2 and #15 are in every play, and we cant throw the ball but its not like hes the only freshmen thats ever been on varsity so everyone chill and lets talk about what we need to do to beat an improved JC team.

Agree the issue has been beaten to death, but what GC usually does is bring up 3 or 4 freshmen for the last couple of varsity games, after the freshman season is over. If he's brought one up this time of year before I don't recall it. Which is not to say CS is going to play a lot, or any--that remains to be seen.

Offensive points will be at a premium in this game, both teams have stellar defenses they will reek havoc on the opposing offense. People can dog out the DB offense all they want, but if the defense doesn`t give up any points it really won`t matter what the offense does as long as they don`t turn the ball over. This is JC's best chance to beat DB in a few years, and I think we have the talent to do it, but we have before and not gotten the job done. The fact that we're playing this game at home should help, but it can only go so far. As I`ve said before I think DB will have the best defense we face all year by far, and I think it will take at least half way balanced attack on offense to win the game. Unfortunately we have yet to demonstrate that we want to even try to have a balanced offense, I think we`ll be eaten alive if we try to go at DB with a one dimensional offense unless we have some very early success and get 10-14pts early. Unless there is a secret gameplan that we`ve been hiding where we throw the football with some success I think it could be a long night on offense and by the time we realize that we need to throw more it may be too late. Maybe we have a passing game somewhere, but until I see it.......

Final Score

DB-17

JC-7

Offensive points will be at a premium in this game, both teams have stellar defenses they will reek havoc on the opposing offense. People can dog out the DB offense all they want, but if the defense doesn`t give up any points it really won`t matter what the offense does as long as they don`t turn the ball over. This is JC's best chance to beat DB in a few years, and I think we have the talent to do it, but we have before and not gotten the job done. The fact that we're playing this game at home should help, but it can only go so far. As I`ve said before I think DB will have the best defense we face all year by far, and I think it will take at least half way balanced attack on offense to win the game. Unfortunately we have yet to demonstrate that we want to even try to have a balanced offense, I think we`ll be eaten alive if we try to go at DB with a one dimensional offense unless we have some very early success and get 10-14pts early. Unless there is a secret gameplan that we`ve been hiding where we throw the football with some success I think it could be a long night on offense and by the time we realize that we need to throw more it may be too late. Maybe we have a passing game somewhere, but until I see it.......

Final Score

DB-17

JC-7

Reality is a bitter pill to swallow JC...who needs it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know why we can't get it going with the passing game.In a couple of games we couldn't hit an open guy 10 yards away. If you guys seen the WB game,Ring looked very sharp except for a couple of passes.The problem in that game was kids dropping passes, 7 drops for sure.After the WB game, I thought we would get it going. You have to be able to make a real good defense guess, and we are not doing that.

neither teams have a stellar defense. even if the teams DB has played have been ranked in the top 10 they arent that good. DB is not very good this year and JC is not good at all. if DB loses this game i will make one more comment on coacht and i will never make another after it so JC4life would hope for that cause hes a fool. but DB needs to go back to doubles formation or we wont be good this year. and you can say that the D has been good this year but its nothing like the past few years. the D is slow and not good tacklers.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

neither teams have a stellar defense. even if the teams DB has played have been ranked in the top 10 they arent that good. DB is not very good this year and JC is not good at all. if DB loses this game i will make one more comment on coacht and i will never make another after it so JC4life would hope for that cause hes a fool. but DB needs to go back to doubles formation or we wont be good this year. and you can say that the D has been good this year but its nothing like the past few years. the D is slow and not good tacklers.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I hope I`m wrong no matter what you plan to do, but now I REALLY hope I`m wrong.

BTW how many times have you seen JC play this year?

I never have posted on here be4 but i frequently check out the boards to see what kind of topics are goin on involved with DB football and finally i felt it was time 4 me to voice my opinion. We all knew this was going to be a different year then what we're use to, especially since this years senior class is slim with physical talent at the skill positions and the fact that we scheduled a tough WB team instead of beatin up on South is a couple small reasons we are 1-3 right now. But what is killin us right now is clarks poor playcallin and the fact that he would rather have his seniors out there playin the whole game instead of subin in some of the more talented juniors, and yes they are more talented ( just go back and look at the freshmen football records, that will tell u if u have a decent class of athletes or not). Any way we are somethin like 30% passin right now with a pocket passin QB runnin the offense. Now thats just not gonna cut it, maybe u can win with a scrambler in there with that kinda completion percentage but not with some1 who is just gonna sit in the pocket and take a sack or just throw up prayers. Im not cuttin down Ring, but the fact of the matter is Jamie should be in there QB especially if we are running the option like clark is wantin to, and there is not much difference in bartts throwin ability than crawfords, maybe a lil more zip on the out routes but Jamie has him beat in accuracy and also has the potential to take the snap from center to the house since he is one of the fastest ones on the team. Also he has won alot of ballgames throughout the years, may i remind you Jamie, Justin and several from the junior class lead Robinson to its only undefeated season ever, then won every game freshmen & JV. So then whats the deal, why are we struggling so bad??? Srupley obviously hasnt seen jamie play QB, neither has alot of ppl but they feel bartt is the better QB because clark has him out there WRONG!!! Politics is always power in this town, and it always will be. If we want to win ball games we have to score points and we cant do that unless we have atleast a. passing attack or b. a running attack, if u actually wanna win games, you MUST put the best players out there for the right positions regardless of class. P.S. R Wagner we need u up in the pressbox callin plays desperately /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

What a joke!!!!! Did you really just say that because Ross N. Robinson had an undefeated year, that DB should be undefeated if Juniors played more. Absolutely insane. Maybe you should keep to the not posting thing. If you knew anything about sports, some people on other teams may have gotten a little bit better in the last 4 or 5 years. Plus, in high school football, you dont get to play Church Hill Middle School or Colonial Heights. What a joke!!!!