Mount Juliet @ Portland

AllMadd

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion. By the way, thanks for visiting my profile and leaving me a comment, just1np. I respect everyone's opinions, but all one needs to do is look at the scores of the Panthers with Perry at the helm in the very late 90's to 2000's to see that he took no mercy in running up the score on then-struggling teams.

It seems very few Portland people post on here, but I would truly like to hear from them as for their personal feelings toward his last year or so at Portland. He left amidst a cloud of controversy....

He also left a state championship trophy in the case and a couple of trips to the championship game that had never happen before he got there. I was very close to the program in those days and they were a force to be reckoned with. Perry is not liked bymany in Portland but it is because of the wrong reasons. Rules are rules, if you want to have a good football team you live by them. Perry is a football coach, not an appeaser. He wants to win championships and not win the hearts of the mom's and pop's of the community. I'd like to see the Purple machine pull this one out but highly unlikely.